Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

But really? Are you really following so many other artists like you do Mika?

Over the course of my life I've loved hundreds of musicians from many different countries but I don't care about the donkey on their Twitter page if you know what I mean.

It's not about art and music, it's about relating to them on some personal level and I just wouldn't relate to Mika if he was from an entirely different culture and I didn't easily grasp the nuance of what he was saying.

I'm not saying that other people couldn't/shouldn't/wouldn't relate to him, I just find it interesting. I know what triggers my overinterest in celebrity personalities so I'm wondering what triggers it in other people.

It's not that i follow many, but i follow a few...Annie Lennox, David Bowie, Brian Eno, The PetshopBoys...

Others have no twitter but still i visit their pages and try to ggogle a bit for news when i can...

I understand your point, i don't care about too many donkeys either...:roftl:

But there are a few manes i care about too, even if they don't fit on my personal level interests...

But there's a part of Mika who belongs to a totally dif culture, he's half Lebanese and he lso has that background, he assumes it and loves it...

Maybe that's what makes me relate to him personally: I was born in Africa, i had to escape from there when i was 4 because of the Colonial War, i lived in many places before coming here, i learnt many languages...

Then there's the Anglo-sax part which seems the part that takes you to relate to him to a personal level...

So i guess that are many reasons why someone bonds to another, it depends on life experiences, emotions, ways of facing other people's way of thinking, etc...

It doesn't matter much we may have dif motivations here...

Important thing is that we all relate for the same reason and that is Mika!:wink2:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But there's a part of Mika who belongs to a totally dif culture, he's half Lebanese and he lso has that background, he assumes it and loves it...

Maybe that's what makes me relate to him personally: I was born in Africa, i had to escape from there when i was 4 because of the Colonial War, i lived in many places before coming here, i learnt many languages...

Oh that's interesting...this is what I'm curious to hear.

People seem to pick up on the difficult childhood thing but I don't think too many fans had a similar childhood to Mika no matter how he paints the picture.

I don't really relate to Mika that much actually...but there were a few things he said at the gig in Toronto that sparked my interest and got me watching some of his interviews afterwards. This wouldn't have happened with Yelle for example.

Twittys down for maintainence , so I'm hitting the sack.

Night to all:wink2:

I'm gonna blame Twitter for making me so discombobulated tonight then. :boxed:

Oh that's interesting...this is what I'm curious to hear.

People seem to pick up on the difficult childhood thing but I don't think too many fans had a similar childhood to Mika no matter how he paints the picture.

I don't really relate to Mika that much actually...but there were a few things he said at the gig in Toronto that sparked my interest and got me watching some of his interviews afterwards. This wouldn't have happened with Yelle for example.

I never met Mika, I went to a gig, ONE!

Not even front row as i had my daughter with me and it was a bit harsh to take her there...

But I identify to many aspects in his life...Even if i never met him, even if i was never bullied, even if i never had a russian singing teacher whipping me...:mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

I respect the fact he's a very intelligent person, yet totally nuts sometimes...:naughty:

What i wanted to point out is that i follow him for several reasons, the main one being the fact he's a POP TART, meaning i recognise his exuberant, flamboyant side, but i also admire him for being sincere, sometimes even touching naivety, his humble side and the fact he is totally the opposite of others "previously known as pop starts" ...Does this make any sense to you???:wink2:

DARN! it's down! I was watching interviews and realized that I wanted to ask Mika if its weird or uncomfortable when women ask him to sigh their boobs :roftl:

Ooh, there's an idea :naughty:

I hope he's not trying to get on now cos this is often the time he comes on when he's in LA :(

I hope he's not trying to get on now cos this is often the time he comes on when he's in LA :(

Maybe when he realises there's no twitter, he remembers he has a blog, an album coming out and he finds some time to give us DATES!!!:sneaky2:

you're crazy Amber :roftl:

In this video he was signing some lady's boob and i wanted to know ifhe thought it was weird or enjoyed it :naughty:

i know. horrible timing. Maybe he'll came on here :roftl:

MIKA can still blog/vlog on mikasounds!

BTW: Last sign in less than half hour ago.

Edited by A. Clay

maybe he post a new blog since twitter is down :naughty:

maintenance.png

Isn't that cute :roftl:

Yeah but blogging takes longer :naughty: He might just have a little nugget of wisdom to share with us which would not exactly warrant a whole blog :roftl:

But yes! Tour dates! We wants 'em! :naughty:

I never met Mika, I went to a gig, ONE!

Not even front row as i had my daughter with me and it was a bit harsh to take her there...

But I identify to many aspects in his life...Even if i never met him, even if i was never bullied, even if i never had a russian singing teacher whipping me...:mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

I respect the fact he's a very intelligent person, yet totally nuts sometimes...:naughty:

What i wanted to point out is that i follow him for several reasons, the main one being the fact he's a POP TART, meaning i recognise his exuberant, flamboyant side, but i also admire him for being sincere, sometimes even touching naivety, his humble side and the fact he is totally the opposite of others "previously known as pop starts" ...Does this make any sense to you???:wink2:

The only thing that I'm not quite sure about is the pop tart name as I was talking to someone about this the other day. Where does this come from? Did Mika or someone else refer to him as a pop tart at some point? It's a clever play on words but "tart" is probably the last word I would ever associate with Mika so I don't really get the meaning.

I'm not sure if Mika is so different from other pop stars but he is very charismatic and he's been accessible. But I think his accessibility is as much a sign of the times as it is an aspect of his personality. I think his peers are often equally or more accessible because direct fan interaction is just part of the job now.

I haven't met Mika either and I wasn't in the front row at that particular gig. I didn't know anything about him before the gig except the very basics - born in Lebanon, operatically trained, living in London. I had seen some pics but thought he looked a bit geeky.

He swore a few times on stage so I decided he wasn't so geeky. He used a rivalry between Montreal and Toronto (places he'd never been before that week) to win over the Toronto audience so I decided he was quite clever. He said he wanted to thank each and every person in the club for buying their ticket before all the hype hit so I decided he was humble and seemed sweet.