Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that I'm not quite sure about is the pop tart name as I was talking to someone about this the other day. Where does this come from? Did Mika or someone else refer to him as a pop tart at some point? It's a clever play on words but "tart" is probably the last word I would ever associate with Mika so I don't really get the meaning.

I'm not sure if Mika is so different from other pop stars but he is very charismatic and he's been accessible. But I think his accessibility is as much a sign of the times as it is an aspect of his personality. I think his peers are often equally or more accessible because direct fan interaction is just part of the job now.

I haven't met Mika either and I wasn't in the front row at that particular gig. I didn't know anything about him before the gig except the very basics - born in Lebanon, operatically trained, living in London. I had seen some pics but thought he looked a bit geeky.

He swore a few times on stage so I decided he wasn't so geeky. He used a rivalry between Montreal and Toronto (places he'd never been before that week) to win over the Toronto audience so I decided he was quite clever. He said he wanted to thank each and every person in the club for buying their ticket before all the hype hit so I decided he was humble and seemed sweet.

I equate the term "pop tart" with out there, young female celebrities like Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears. :huh:

Yeah female, no-talent and trashy. :thumbdown:

That pretty much sums it up. Not how I would categorize Mika. :naughty:

Yep a clever play of the word tart, being stars the celebrities who take it all from granted...

I use pop tart as the exact opposite you equate it for LL and BS...:wink2:

Meaning he is quite the contrary...

The only thing that I'm not quite sure about is the pop tart name as I was talking to someone about this the other day. Where does this come from? Did Mika or someone else refer to him as a pop tart at some point? It's a clever play on words but "tart" is probably the last word I would ever associate with Mika so I don't really get the meaning.

I'm not sure if Mika is so different from other pop stars but he is very charismatic and he's been accessible. But I think his accessibility is as much a sign of the times as it is an aspect of his personality. I think his peers are often equally or more accessible because direct fan interaction is just part of the job now.

I haven't met Mika either and I wasn't in the front row at that particular gig. I didn't know anything about him before the gig except the very basics - born in Lebanon, operatically trained, living in London. I had seen some pics but thought he looked a bit geeky.

He swore a few times on stage so I decided he wasn't so geeky. He used a rivalry between Montreal and Toronto (places he'd never been before that week) to win over the Toronto audience so I decided he was quite clever. He said he wanted to thank each and every person in the club for buying their ticket before all the hype hit so I decided he was humble and seemed sweet.

i think the term pop tart comes from an interview in australia where he got this huge lollipop

Ah thanks. I remember him talking about actual pop tarts.

You're most welcome.

Banning Pop Tarts? Those kids should be more careful with hot, pastry fillings. Ie let the Pop Tarts cool down a bit first. :naughty: Or, they don't have to heat them up at all, that's what some people do as well. Hot or cold (cute Katy Perry song here), to each their own.

You're most welcome.

Banning Pop Tarts? Those kids should be more careful with hot, pastry fillings. Ie let the Pop Tarts cool down a bit first. :naughty: Or, they don't have to heat them up at all, that's what some people do as well. Hot or cold (cute Katy Perry song here), to each their own.

I like hot poptarts. :das::mf_rosetinted:

oh yes, the pop tarts reference. And, so on all meetups we have to endure the ritual of consuming those dreadfully sweet things. IF there's no toaster, we have to microwave them. :boxed: Thank you Mika, Thank you very much. :mf_rosetinted:

I love the cookies and cream ones. :licks_lips:

oh yes, the pop tarts reference. And, so on all meetups we have to endure the ritual of consuming those dreadfully sweet things. IF there's no toaster, we have to microwave them. :boxed: Thank you Mika, Thank you very much. :mf_rosetinted:

I recommend sticking with Mika's references to champagne and Guinness.

last night i had a dream about mika's new album. again.

in my dream i went onto MFC, and on the front page was the long-anticipated title; INFO ON NEW ALBUM! ALBUM COVER AND TITLE!

i went on all excited, not realising i was dreaming. The album cover was a photograph of a hand wearing dozens of colourful rings. The sleeve was a back jacket with gold cufflinks. the album title was 'Eleven Words.' in fancy script.

And I was soooo disapointed. I sat there looking at it, tears running down my face. I was expecting a beautiful creative name and new awesome artwork. and i was sitting at the computer and i burst into tears.

Then i woke up, and i had tears running down my face.

in my dream i went onto MFC, and on the front page was the long-anticipated title; INFO ON NEW ALBUM! ALBUM COVER AND TITLE!

i went on all excited, not realising i was dreaming. The album cover was a photograph of a hand wearing dozens of colourful rings. The sleeve was a back jacket with gold cufflinks. the album title was 'Eleven Words.' in fancy script.

And I was soooo disapointed. I sat there looking at it, tears running down my face. I was expecting a beautiful creative name and new awesome artwork. and i was sitting at the computer and i burst into tears.

aww!

sounds like...:boxed:

I don't think Mika would reply to individual people. If he replied to one or two people, others would feel left out. I don't worry that he doesn't reply to me, as long as I know he's okay, and I can tweet to him on the MS page, that's all I want from him.

But Mika has replied to individual people. Like with the @ before their username.

yes! I ment a reply with the "@" ... But I don't care if HE doesn't reply. It's good to read HIS messages on MS and twitter! :blush-anim-cl:

But I identify to many aspects in his life...Even if i never met him, even if i was never bullied, even if i never had a russian singing teacher whipping me...:mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

I respect the fact he's a very intelligent person, yet totally nuts sometimes...:naughty:

This is such an interesting conversation you two have been having! For myself, I was pulled in by "why don't you like me without making me try" which I identified strongly with, and then by the print iterviews. And, perhaps like Christine, that depended on the sort of subtle nuances that very few people could pick up in a language not their own. I can read FRench, just about, but it always puts a barrier between me and people, no matter how much I like them. Mind, my French isn't half as good as WW and multiple other MFCers' English, but even so... It's always words with me, not facial expressions or other things that transcend languages. And the WORK some MFCers do to keep up! I'm so impressed.

Yeah female, no-talent and trashy. :thumbdown:

I've always wondered why his FAN CLUB call him a pop tart too. It's a term the magazines here use quite a lot, and not a complement. If someone else had started saying it about Mika, I'd have smacked them. I guess I always thought it was a way of teasing him- you know, we're your second family, we can say things other people can't.

Awww poor baby:shocked::naughty:

Oh he does, he sometimes replied using the @ thing.

He sent me a DIRECT MESSAGE yesterday lol, no lie, check out my facebook note or myspace blog, I have a picture to prove it :wink2:

Sorry I shall stop gloating :roftl:

His reply was COMPLETELY unexpected and I doubt he'll do it again!

We fully understand you Caz, guess we'd do the same :D:wub2:

He has responded to a few people, but I don't think that he will make it a habit.

Also, I get the feeling that he responds to people whose Twatter usernames he doesn't recognise as names that ring a bell for him as belonging to 'fans', if that makes any sense?

I guess that time will tell if I am correct in this or not.

This makes no sense to me Sara :D

I think he replies just when he's got something to say

But there's a part of Mika who belongs to a totally dif culture, he's half Lebanese and he lso has that background, he assumes it and loves it...

He has the background and connection alright, but I wouldn't put too much money on him being as Lebanese as we think :roftl:

This makes no sense to me Sara :D

I think he replies just when he's got something to say

totally agree with you marina:thumb_yello:

So do I :wink2:

I agree with you

You may all be right and I may be wrong :naughty:- I guess that only time will tell.

As I said, it is just this little theory that I have, but so far I believe that it's sort of been proved.

Many of the fans that he has replied to so far have different usernames on twitter than their usernames here or on the blog...Thus making them names that he wouldn't automatically recognise as fans. It seems highly coincidental.

I'm not saying that he is doing this with any negative intention, just that it may be a way for him to openly avoid the whole 'he replied to so and so and want him to reply to me' scenario that may arise between certain people.

I don't know.

Maybe this is just a whole loada crap that I'm writing :roftl:. Who cares