REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA LA Surprise Show 04-15-09

Blue Sky

though he came back afterwards with a song called "Blue Eyes" (I think). It's very pretty and catchy (of course :rolls_eyes:)

Awwwwww shucks... he wrote a song for me lol :wub2::roftl:

It all sounds so AWESOME you lucky peeps - thank you so much for the quick reports!

I can't wait to get home from work tonight to listen to the new songs, SQUEEEEE !!!

He was trying to sing through it into the microphone during Stuck in the Middle ... it didn't work though so he stopped :naughty:

Hahaha, okay :naughty:

Geez, are we really that prudish on the MFC? Burlesque dancers are awesome. And so what if she was nearly naked? Why can't kids see a naked body, exactly? I'm pretty sure kids are aware that people are naked under their clothes. They might find a naked lady embarrassing, but not traumatizing. I mean, I agree that it may not be the best thing for kids, but I also agree that Mika has no responsibility to be a toddler-friendly act.

But again, what's the big deal with a little harmless nudity anyway? We haven't yet stopped taking kids to museums to look at nude statues, it should be pretty simple to explain the concept of nudity in art and performance.

I'm pretty surprised so many people above 12 here seemed unable to handle the sight.

That said, I'm pretty sure it was an LA-only thing, so the rest of us are unlikely to get a burlesque revue as an opening act. Sadly. Good burlesque can be hard to see live unless you are in LA!

--Jack

Yes, I quite agree :thumb_yello:

Grace Kelly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOHxBxUR4dY

Love Today:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6V2t1lf6t4

He wrote a blog with some pictures too, but it's in ... some other language. It looks kind of Swedish, btu I have no idea :naughty: (I think HE liked the Burleque dancer at least) http://mzahra.blogg.se/

this new album sounds like its gonna be very dodgy to me :thumbdown:

No, no it's gonna be fabulous! :punk:

I don't think Mika had any say in the burlesque dancer. I don't think it was related to him and his management in any way.

And the lyrics aren't vulgar or anything, they're just saying stuff that I thin khe wants us to hear.

I'm pretty surprised so many people above 12 here seemed unable to handle the sight.[/b]

Unable to handle it? Personally, of course I could handle it. That wasn't the problem. I'm a woman, I know what a naked woman looks like :naughty:

Geez, are we really that prudish on the MFC? Burlesque dancers are awesome. And so what if she was nearly naked? Why can't kids see a naked body, exactly? I'm pretty sure kids are aware that people are naked under their clothes. They might find a naked lady embarrassing, but not traumatizing. I mean, sure, it may not be the best choice of entertainment for kids, but I also agree with Kelzy that Mika has no responsibility to be a toddler-friendly act.

But again, what's the big deal with a little harmless nudity anyway? We haven't yet stopped taking kids to museums to look at nude statues, it should be pretty simple to explain the concept of nudity in art and performance.

I'm pretty surprised so many people above 12 here seemed unable to handle the sight.

That said, I'm pretty sure it was an LA-only thing, so the rest of us are unlikely to get a burlesque revue as an opening act. Sadly. Good burlesque can be hard to see live unless you are in LA!

--Jack

But surely people should be able to choose. I mean, if you want to take your 12yr old to see a burlesque dancer, that's your choice. But if you go to a Mika gig not knowing that there will be one, you aren't given that choice.

And there is a reason why movies with nudity in are rated in a certain way. Yes, we all know that people are naked under their clothes. But for some people it's a very private thing. Not necessarily to do with being prudish at all. I happen to love burlesque, I'm sure you've seen me hanging out in Lyonesse's thread, but I wouldn't choose to show my 12yr old son that.

I should have went. It sounds well worth the 400$$.

*sob*

I WILL HAVE MY MIKA EXPERIENCE!

I'm so glad you guys had so much fun though, it sounds like it was truly a special Gig :)

I asked him if he's coming to Minneapolis for his acoustic tour and he said he didn't know, it all depends on the routing. Like if it makes sense geographically to go from a certain city to another.

I asked him if he's coming to Minneapolis for his acoustic tour and he said he didn't know, it all depends on the routing. Like if it makes sense geographically to go from a certain city to another.

Ooo thanks for asking! I can hope :thumb_yello:

I'm gunna be watching flight prices and saving my money...lol damn college expenses!

No, no it's gonna be fabulous! :punk:

I don't think Mika had any say in the burlesque dancer. I don't think it was related to him and his management in any way.

And the lyrics aren't vulgar or anything, they're just saying stuff that I thin khe wants us to hear.

do you how much you're torturing me by saying that? :roftl:

Hahaha, okay :naughty:

Yes, I quite agree :thumb_yello:

Grace Kelly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOHxBxUR4dY

Love Today:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6V2t1lf6t4

He wrote a blog with some pictures too, but it's in ... some other language. It looks kind of Swedish, btu I have no idea :naughty: (I think HE liked the Burleque dancer at least) http://mzahra.blogg.se/

um. google translator says this of his blog;

Yes today it was time to retreat to Sunset Boulevard for a little concert by Mika. Americans are really not as Europeans, most people were calm and digg. None fjortisar who pushed at the front with mass crap on the wrists. It was instead influgna Mexican brides with wigs that went off.

The best of the concert was the intro. A stripper drove off to a little Spanish bullfighting music while she was and languish on a fat f*cking plastic bull. It was beautiful to say the least.

*cough*

i wish i could have swapped places with him.

Ooo thanks for asking! I can hope :thumb_yello:

I'm gunna be watching flight prices and saving my money...lol damn college expenses!

If he doesn't go to Mpls, he'll at least for sure go to Chicago. You're free to drive down with me if you want, only 8 hours! :biggrin2:

*subscribes*

I just got to the 10th page and have to leave for uni.

I'm so excited now and all the Mika feeling's back again:wub2:

YAYYY!!

Will read more tonight (I have a gig to go to tonight, wont be here sooner).:thumb_yello:

Cant wait for vids!!

The best of the concert was the intro. A stripper drove off to a little Spanish bullfighting music while she was and languish on a fat f*cking plastic bull. It was beautiful to say the least.

Hahahahahahahahahaha :lmfao: Um, okay.