No, actually I had got it wrong -thanks for explaining what you meant :thumb_yello:-.

And when I say that he doesn't take his interlocutors seriously I mean that he doesn't mind telling pretty fibs to them as long as the image they get of him is the one he tries to convey.

If he failed he might well lose some of his beauty sleep over it as he is very image conscious and as we are supposed to accept -and admire- his authorised persona.

I am afraid I can hardly adore him for that :wink2: .

Cheers,

Id3

Yes, I understood what you meant and I fully agree with it.... I think the confusion basically was that I was talking about 'taking himself seriously' in general, and not regarding interviews.. I meant him getting dressed in animal costumes and singing Dolly Parton at concerts..etc. On the surface it all looks pretty shallow, while the message he conveys is the opposite but not everyone has the receptors to get it, particularly the press...

In other words, he doesn't take himself seriously but takes his profession seriously... you cannot but adore this attitude:wub2:

Absolutely!:thumb_yello:

And for a highly creative person with a good sense of humour, it’s completely natural to stretch the true a little.:naughty:

Imagine how boring it must have been to be asked the same questions over and over again, in country after country, add to that the journalists own interpretation before it’s even printed on paper.

To me it’s a lovely feature to be able to dance around all the seriousness and still come out as a very charming person!:wub2:

Ah, but then priests are hardly mute :naughty: and they do tell you to change :thumbdown: ...

If you want an emotional and judgmental reaction, why not just tell your best friend :wink2: ?

But if you really need help, better go for the real thing.

Come to think of it, Sire, who described himself as 'a good Roman Catholic boy', may get confused :confused: and think therapists are cuter versions of confessors ?

Cheers,

Id3

You're spot on about the confession, spot on :original:

No- I'm a bit uneasy about how he seems to be changing the age LICM covers. But I'm looking forward to the full version of toy boy- I wasn't keen on the LA version musically. Sounded like those awful comedy songs you used to see on the telly sunday nights.

:shocked: How can you say that?! It was incredible! How can we see it so differently? I am speechless, hehe.

:shocked: How can you say that?! It was incredible! How can we see it so differently? I am speechless, hehe.

I think we're always going to be biased. :naughty:

My head is too thick with swine flu to follow the rest of this convo.

SoSi, I wasn't trying to be patronizing about what's written in the magazine...that's just how I see it. I'm not about to write-off every interview he gives in the coming months based on this quote, but that's just me.

Mika has made apparently contradictory statements about his "real" name and whether or not he can drive but I don't think in either case it was an attempt to fool people into thinking that he drives or that he was born with a name other than Michael. They were just misunderstandings.

i don't think he recorded an acoustic version of toy boy:blink:

thought we all agreed on the EP not being acoustic since the article says nothing about an acoustic EP but just an EP and an acoustic tour. are we going back to the start now:insane:

Sorry, I can't keep up! Must be my age! Going senile!

It's not acoustic then.

I really though the blog he put up with the choir was rain :naughty: .. the part where he goes your young and you want some .. ekkkkk seems I was a wrong :boxed:

I think that one "when you're young and you want some" with the choir singing is called WE ARE GOLDEN. But we haven't heard that one properly yet. Can't wait to hear it!!

I think my big picture needs another posting!:wub2::wub2::mf_lustslow:

Image045.jpg

I was happily gazing at the magazine before sleeping last night, had a great nights sleep! *sigh*

I think we're always going to be biased. :naughty:

My head is too thick with swine flu to follow the rest of this convo.

SoSi, I wasn't trying to be patronizing about what's written in the magazine...that's just how I see it. I'm not about to write-off every interview he gives in the coming months based on this quote, but that's just me.

Mika has made apparently contradictory statements about his "real" name and whether or not he can drive but I don't think in either case it was an attempt to fool people into thinking that he drives or that he was born with a name other than Michael. They were just misunderstandings.

Misunderstandings :confused: ?

He happened to say in an early interview -filmed one, so everybody can watch it, it is still circulating on the Internet- that when his father suggested that he should be called Michael Holbrook Penniman -the 2nd, unless it is the 3rd or the 4th, who knows ?- his mother answered 'over my dead body' :furious: .

Well she does seem to still be very much alive, bless her :wub2: !

And his ID still is Michael Holbrook Penniman.

That every relative and family member have always called him 'Mica' because the first time they referred to him as 'Michael' in front of his mother, they had a very narrow escape :sniper: and they are not suicidal :no: is another matter.

I didn't know he could drive, and honestly, who cares :rolleyes: ?

What I find horripilating is that by saying he couldn't, if he can, he probably wanted to convey the image of a hopeless, slightly out of the modern world, daydreamer.

He is a most interesting person, why he feels the urge to build up a slightly boring persona beats me...

Cheers,

Id3

I was happily gazing at the magazine before sleeping last night, had a great nights sleep! *sigh*

And you dreamed of... :wink2: ?

Yeah, I know, so many very MFCers reading these posts, don't want to shock them, blah blah blah :bored:... but couldn't you tell me in a PM ? PLEASE :wub2: !

Cheers,

Id3

Either pic was photoshopped to give him a tanned look or this was taken right after he got the watermelon face...

Make up :wink2: ?

And he has definitely done something with his eyebrows... pity :emot-sad: , the bushy look was much more manly :wub2: .

I am still waiting for the cute cat's cell phone number.

Cheers,

Id3

And you dreamed of... :wink2: ?

Yeah, I know, so many very MFCers reading these posts, don't want to shock them, blah blah blah :bored:... but couldn't you tell me in a PM ? PLEASE :wub2: !

Cheers,

Id3

'very young MFCers'... I am afraid I was imagining your dreams while writing, hence the typo :blush-anim-cl: .

I think that one "when you're young and you want some" with the choir singing is called WE ARE GOLDEN. But we haven't heard that one properly yet. Can't wait to hear it!!

Yes! agree thats it :thumb_yello:

Thats sounds like its going to awesome!

Thats going to be my fav track of the album , Ive decided already :thumb_yello:

Interesting..

Plushing? I read an article in a magazine a couple of months ago about a girl which her boyfriend gives her a fox costume (i think i remember it to be that) and she goes to a little animal acceptance dressing meeting, except they called it yiffing

Different culture/ country i guess. Sounds quite good, the article.:thumb_yello:

Yes! agree thats it :thumb_yello:

Thats sounds like its going to awesome!

Thats going to be my fav track of the album , Ive decided already :thumb_yello:

Am I the only one who automatically comes up with a somewhat perverted meaning when associating the lyrics "and you want some" with the title of the song? :roftl::blush-anim-cl: