MIKA @ Concertgebouw | Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS - Reserved Seating: 02-06-2009

dcdeb

Babs & Jose, so great you're going too!! :boing::biggrin2:

It'll be nice to see you again! :thumb_yello:

Yeeaah it'll be great to see you ladies again :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello: we should totally have a meetup in some nice café at Leidseplein before the gig, since we won't need to queue anyway!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeeaah it'll be great to see you ladies again :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello: we should totally have a meetup in some nice café at Leidseplein before the gig, since we won't need to queue anyway!

Sounds good! :thumb_yello::boing:

Do you maybe know how it'll go with the seats? I know they're numbered, but how? Based on who bought the tickets first (first = front row) or another way? I want to know :roftl:

Yes! We should totally do that!

Or do a picknick at Vondelpark :biggrin2:

Or go shopping

Or...

jaaaaaaaj :teehee:

I have the same problem! I need to get back to Deventer, so that's the same train! We will find a solution!! :thumb_yello:

I hope so, otherwise I need to tell Kaatje she has to return the tickets or get rid of them in some way:sad:

I really need to know how to get back as fast as possible.

I hate living in Almelo, there's not a single MFCer living in the area, except for Blue, but she'll probably go by train aswell, to Deventer, and then with her car to her house. I asked if she could drop us at our house. Maybe that's going to happen, but that still doesn't solve anything, since you still have the I'll-probably-miss-the-last-train-problem.

So if someone could find out how late we will be let in, when the support act starts (if there's any) and when Mika comes on, that'd be great! Cause at this moment it all depends on that. Time is my biggest enemy.

Edited by xlindee

I hope so, otherwise I need to tell Kaatje she has to return the tickets or get rid of them in some way:sad:

I hate living in Almelo, there's not a single MFCer living in the area, except for Blue, but she'll probably go by train aswell, to Deventer, and then with her car to her house. I asked if she could drop us at our house. Maybe that's going to happen, but that still doesn't solve anything, since you still have the I'll-probably-miss-the-last-train-problem.

So if someone could find out how late we will be let in, when the support act starts (if there's any) and when Mika comes on, that'd be great! Cause at this moment it all depends on that. Time is my biggest enemy.

I have the same problem.. I don't know how I am going to get back.. I'm hoping my mom will pick me up so I have to very nice to her now :naughty:

It's not possible to get a refund, so I do hope you're not letting me down here. :blink:

info op de site van het concertgebouw:

di 2 juni Kleine Zaal 20:15 uur

Het Concertgebouw presenteert

Mika, zang MIKA GEEFT INTIEM CONCERT IN HET CONCERTGEBOUW

Op dinsdag 2 juni geeft de Libanees-Britse zanger Mika een exclusief concert in de Kleine Zaal. Het wordt een intiem, akoestisch optreden: ‘It was good for me to strip everything back down to just the basics.’ Deze avond in de Kleine Zaal maakt deel uit van een tournee langs een select aantal bijzondere Europese concertlocaties die volgt op de release van Mika’s nieuwe limited edition cd Songs for Sorrow. Deze cd, waarop vier nieuwe songs staan, is een voorproefje van zijn tweede cd, die in de herfst wordt verwacht. Hij verschijnt met een boek met werk van Mika’s favoriete kunstenaars: ‘These songs are little dark fairy tales, and I thought it would be brilliant to get illustrations to go with them and to get some of my favourite artists to give their own interpretation on the stories'.

In 2007 was Mika prominent aanwezig met zijn muziek. Hij brak door met zijn debuutalbum 'Life in a Cartoon Motion' en haalde daarmee in Nederland de nummer 1 positie. Hits van dat album zijn onder andere 'Grace Kelly', 'Relax, Take it Easy' en 'Big Girl (You are Beautiful)'. Deze hits komen natuurlijk ook voorbij tijdens het concert dat de zanger in het Concertgebouw zal geven.

BELANGRIJK: De kaartverkoop voor dit concert loopt uitsluitend via de website van Mika, http://www.mikasounds.com

De kaartprijs is € 35,00 (exclusief € 4,50 servicekosten). Drankjes zijn niet in de kaartprijs inbegrepen.

Kleine Zaal

De Kleine Zaal is met haar 437 zitplaatsen, intieme sfeer, haar balkon en houten podium niet alleen de perfecte ambiance voor recitals en andere kamermuziek, maar ook voor besloten evenementen zoals cabaretvoorstellingen, persconferenties en kleine congressen. Rondom de Kleine Zaal bevinden zich de Felix de Nobelfoyer, de Franse Foyer, de Omloop en de Voorhal van de Kleine Zaal.

I like the picnic idea :biggrin2:

Yeah! Although it will all depending on the weather... :teehee: But it's in June, so we have a chance that the sun will shine!

Sorry I can't solve that problem. I don't have a car, and I can't ask anybody... :sad:

Maybe we can call the Concertgebouw for the exact times.

It's not possible to get a refund, so I do hope you're not letting me down here. :blink:

If she can't go, you can probably sell them anyway on Ebay or Marktplaats :wink2:

No worries, if it finishes before 11.30, which I think it will, I can go.

info op de site van het concertgebouw:

di 2 juni Kleine Zaal 20:15 uur

Het Concertgebouw presenteert

Mika, zang MIKA GEEFT INTIEM CONCERT IN HET CONCERTGEBOUW

Op dinsdag 2 juni geeft de Libanees-Britse zanger Mika een exclusief concert in de Kleine Zaal. Het wordt een intiem, akoestisch optreden: ‘It was good for me to strip everything back down to just the basics.’ Deze avond in de Kleine Zaal maakt deel uit van een tournee langs een select aantal bijzondere Europese concertlocaties die volgt op de release van Mika’s nieuwe limited edition cd Songs for Sorrow. Deze cd, waarop vier nieuwe songs staan, is een voorproefje van zijn tweede cd, die in de herfst wordt verwacht. Hij verschijnt met een boek met werk van Mika’s favoriete kunstenaars: ‘These songs are little dark fairy tales, and I thought it would be brilliant to get illustrations to go with them and to get some of my favourite artists to give their own interpretation on the stories'.

In 2007 was Mika prominent aanwezig met zijn muziek. Hij brak door met zijn debuutalbum 'Life in a Cartoon Motion' en haalde daarmee in Nederland de nummer 1 positie. Hits van dat album zijn onder andere 'Grace Kelly', 'Relax, Take it Easy' en 'Big Girl (You are Beautiful)'. Deze hits komen natuurlijk ook voorbij tijdens het concert dat de zanger in het Concertgebouw zal geven.

BELANGRIJK: De kaartverkoop voor dit concert loopt uitsluitend via de website van Mika, http://www.mikasounds.com

De kaartprijs is € 35,00 (exclusief € 4,50 servicekosten). Drankjes zijn niet in de kaartprijs inbegrepen.

So, it starts at 20:15..without support act? And it is like how long, 1,5 hours or so? That'd be 21.45 when it finishes..but you also have to get outside, which will take around 15 minutes I guess, so 22.00

And with support act it will all be ended around 23.00 I think..

I dunno how far Het Concertgebouw is from the train station, but I think could make it in time. Good, now I have to tell this to my mom.

I have the same problem.. I don't know how I am going to get back.. I'm hoping my mom will pick me up so I have to very nice to her now :naughty:

My mom can't pick me up cause she's coming with me.

Hi!

I haven't really talked to Blue about it yet but I think I'll go back to Germany the same night and take Blue with me as we'll go to a Kooks gig the next day in my hometown. I hope I'll have a car by then. If everything works out fine I can give you a ride to Almelo as it is more or less on my way back. But I have to talk to Blue first and aks her about her plans. I'll let you know as soon as possible.

If I have to trust Wikipedia, which I'll do this time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seating

- Reserved seating, allocated seating, assigned seating: each seat is reserved for a specific ticket holder.

- General admission, open seating, free seating:

A seat is guaranteed, but not a specific one, one may choose on a first come, first choice basis; either the ticket is for a specific time/service/performance, or people are admitted until it is full, in that case one has to wait until the next occasion (e.g. in an amusement ride)

In e.g. public transport: tickets are for a particular company and trajectory, but not a specific time; anybody with a ticket is admitted, hence there is a risk that one has to stand. If it is very crowded, the situation changes into the one mentioned previously: one may have to wait for the next vehicle, either because a guard refuses to admit more passengers, or because the vehicle is so full it is physically impossible or considered inappropriate to enter it.

- Festival seating: there are not really seats, but just an open area where a ticket holder is admitted.

If she can't go, you can probably sell them anyway on Ebay or Marktplaats :wink2

I'm an Oldling remember? :roftl:

No worries, if it finishes before 11.30, which I think it will, I can go.

You make me a happy woman :thumb_yello:

I saw it has changed to "General admission seats" if I am correct that means... queuing to get the best seats?? :shocked

Queuing with all of you wouldn't be too bad I guess, but that means no picnic in a park. :sneaky2:

:boxed If they where reserved I could have just gone to work but now I have to take a day of :shocked (in my second week of my new job :roftl)

I'm glad I already arranged to have a day off.

Actually, I think you all made me go :boing: again.

:roftl:

My mom just called the Concertgebouw, and they said it will start at 20.15, and will end around 22.15, no support-act.

She's still thinking..but at least it's not a no yet.

Edit: She's gonna call my dad now..she says she can't decide it alone. I bet he's gonna say no, cause yesterday he was in complete shock. Fingers crossed! If he says yes, I can go!

Edited by xlindee

I'll go and find my picnic basket!

:group_hug:

Stupid me is already worrying about where to pee while queueing :teehee:

Concertgebouw.jpg

Look, if we're queuing the right way, we can still sit in some parc! [we have to queue on a busy street too then, but whatever :mf_rosetinted:]

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too Linde!