New release...blue eyes!

daisylou

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rose, I know Relax wasn't originally released as a single but was it only for Dj's etc? What about the Lp's? Just curious I wasn't aware of Mika's existance at that point! Lol!:wink2:

Ohhh...off to check out Paul O'Grady, thanks for the link :thumb_yello:

Paul O'Grady played BE last Sunday

You can listen to it here http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00kfvy9/Paul_OGrady_17_05_2009/ it's about 20 minutes into the show. He does drop the word 'single'...

That is a good first post on the forum!! Welcome to MFC and thanks for the info!

WELCOME Kuikentje (have you been 'lurking' for the last 15 months?! :wink2:) Thank you for the info !!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

WELCOME Kuikentje (have you been 'lurking' for the last 15 months?! :wink2:) Thank you for the info !!

Yes, well, even longer than that! But that's when I signed up.:teehee: I come her to check the news but never feel the need to post if I haven't got something to add to the conversation :wink2:

Yes, well, even longer than that! But that's when I signed up.:teehee: I come her to check the news but never feel the need to post if I haven't got something to add to the conversation :wink2:

Well now the pressure is on for u to always contribute to the conversation:teehee: :thumb_yello:

Ha ha... well that's never stopped the rest of us :lmao:

Paul O'Grady played BE last Sunday

You can listen to it here http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00kfvy9/Paul_OGrady_17_05_2009/ it's about 20 minutes into the show. He does drop the word 'single'...

He says, "the EP single SFS, out on 25th May." Maybe it's going to be a single then. But he should put it on more downloadable sites so more people will download it.

i THOUGHT so until recent days:teehee: coz i'm on holiday n am juz too bored to shut my tongue all day! in fact i think most of the time i'm saying rubbish here:aah:

back to the topic..... i luv BE!!!! the EP version on mikasounds juz wowed me impeccably:mf_lustslow: i was in a terribly bad mood that day n then listening to this song juz kind of perked me up n made me feel hapi. well, sori to sorrowful mika:naughty:

i THOUGHT so until recent days:teehee: coz i'm on holiday n am juz too bored to shut my tongue all day! in fact i think most of the time i'm saying rubbish here:aah:

back to the topic..... i luv BE!!!! the EP version on mikasounds juz wowed me impeccably:mf_lustslow: i was in a terribly bad mood that day n then listening to this song juz kind of perked me up n made me feel hapi. well, sori to sorrowful mika:naughty:

I so wish it would be played here in Ireland :(

Haha just listen to the Terry Wogan bit on radio 2 from yesterday. He was like "that was mike-a, mika, micky, migalee, meho." Goodness Terry it's not that hard to pronounce :roftl: at least he liked the song

Haha just listen to the Terry Wogan bit on radio 2 from yesterday. He was like "that was mike-a, mika, micky, migalee, meho." Goodness Terry it's not that hard to pronounce :roftl: at least he liked the song

u seriously made me laugh:roftl:

I so wish it would be played here in Ireland

dun worry i think it will too! juz wait happily for some time:aah:

Just looked on R2s playlists and it's on the B list, but no sign of it on R1s playlists yet.

So it'll get a fair bit of play on R2 this week I'd imagine.

Disappointed in R1 though. Thought Jo, Scott or Sara would pick up on it (although Sara might this weekend for her record of the weekend, if it's her turn). fingers crossed.

Don't know which day they change the playlist but today it is definatetly on the R2 A list: (sorry....just looked again and this in NEXT weeks A list so next week it will get 20 plays:shocked:)

A List

Shontelle feat. Akon-

Stuck With Each Other

Mika- Blue Eyes (taken from the Songs For Sorrow EP)

Empire Of The Sun- We Are The People

Taylor Swift- Teardrops On My Guitar

Pixie Lott- Mama Do

Kleerup ft. Titiyo- Longing For Lullabies

Pretenders- Love’s A Mystery

Pet Shop Boys- Did you See Me Coming?

Paolo Nutini- Candy

Daniel Merriweather- Red

The Playlist Committee, made up of producers and chaired by Jeff Smith, Head of Music Radio 2, meet each week to decide which new releases will be added to the station's playlist.

The playlist contains about 30 tracks which are divided into three levels: A list, which receive the most plays, about 20 each week; B list 10 plays and the C list around 5 plays.

The Radio 2 playlist is one of the most varied of any radio station in the UK and can include albums as well as singles. Before any CD can be considered for inclusion it must be commercially available.

Don't know which day they change the playlist but today it is definatetly on the R2 A list: (sorry....just looked again and this in NEXT weeks A list so next week it will get 20 plays:shocked:)

A List

Shontelle feat. Akon-

Stuck With Each Other

Mika- Blue Eyes (taken from the Songs For Sorrow EP)

Empire Of The Sun- We Are The People

Taylor Swift- Teardrops On My Guitar

Pixie Lott- Mama Do

Kleerup ft. Titiyo- Longing For Lullabies

Pretenders- Love’s A Mystery

Pet Shop Boys- Did you See Me Coming?

Paolo Nutini- Candy

Daniel Merriweather- Red

The Playlist Committee, made up of producers and chaired by Jeff Smith, Head of Music Radio 2, meet each week to decide which new releases will be added to the station's playlist.

The playlist contains about 30 tracks which are divided into three levels: A list, which receive the most plays, about 20 each week; B list 10 plays and the C list around 5 plays.

The Radio 2 playlist is one of the most varied of any radio station in the UK and can include albums as well as singles. Before any CD can be considered for inclusion it must be commercially available.

Wow when I looked yesterday it was B list. WOW he will get lots of plays now!

People will like it too!

Wow when I looked yesterday it was B list. WOW he will get lots of plays now!

People will like it too!

It's a very Radio Two record I reckon. I am wondering if it doesn't quite fit Radio Ones remit.

I was in the car today doing the bank run with a colleauge when it came on....my look obviously became vacant (shame I was driving) and she recognised it as the 'Mika is on the radio look' although she obviously didn't recognise the record as she had never heard it before. She said she liked it...but I don't know if she was just being polite:roftl:

I hope my favorite radio station will pick up the EP and start playing Blue Eyes soon. It's a major radio station for western Germany. They play Mika quite a lot. Today we got to hear Any other world, and Relax, Big Girl and Happy Ending (album version as always) were on the last couple of days.

guess why it's my fav station! :wub2:

It's a very Radio Two record I reckon. I am wondering if it doesn't quite fit Radio Ones remit.

I was in the car today doing the bank run with a colleauge when it came on....my look obviously became vacant (shame I was driving) and she recognised it as the 'Mika is on the radio look' although she obviously didn't recognise the record as she had never heard it before. She said she liked it...but I don't know if she was just being polite:roftl:

Don't see why R1 wouldn't play it. Jo Whiley plays a lot of records in that vein, so I can't see her not playing this.

I've been tweeting Scott Mills to play it, hopefully he might comply or at least give a reason why they haven't started yet.

Will look up their playlist and see if it's changed from yesterday.

Great news that it will be on the R2 A List next week :thumb_yello:

I wish though that when it is played, the DJ would just briefly explain that the song is only available via mikasounds. I'd hate to think that people hear it, really like it, and then go to iTunes or something and scratch their heads wondering why they can't find it.

Great news that it will be on the R2 A List next week :thumb_yello:

I wish though that when it is played, the DJ would just briefly explain that the song is only available via mikasounds. I'd hate to think that people hear it, really like it, and then go to iTunes or something and scratch their heads wondering why they can't find it.

Sadly I think it'll be a case of listening to it, liking it then illegally downloading it. :shocked: