New release...blue eyes!

daisylou

Just listened to Terry Wogan on BBCiplayer. He couldn't even get Mika's name right! :boxed:

Then i think he said "Blue Eyes..very nice" and went on to next topic!

Was that the first airplay it got? Anyone know of anything earlier?

:welcomeani: Brokenembraces, love your SN.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listened to Terry Wogan on BBCiplayer. He couldn't even get Mika's name right! :boxed:

Then i think he said "Blue Eyes..very nice" and went on to next topic!

Was that the first airplay it got? Anyone know of anything earlier?

:welcomeani: Brokenembraces, love your SN.

That's fooking hilarious. What did he call him? Miker?

Just looked on R2s playlists and it's on the B list, but no sign of it on R1s playlists yet.

So it'll get a fair bit of play on R2 this week I'd imagine.

Disappointed in R1 though. Thought Jo, Scott or Sara would pick up on it (although Sara might this weekend for her record of the weekend, if it's her turn). fingers crossed.

Hey sorry if this info is wrong guys but I never heard the info myself ...it was from a friend and I wrote what she said...maybe she misheard I dunno???

Just don't shoot the messenger!

xxx

Just looked on R2s playlists and it's on the B list, but no sign of it on R1s playlists yet.

Disappointed in R1 though. Thought Jo, Scott or Sara would pick up on it (although Sara might this weekend for her record of the weekend, if it's her turn). fingers crossed.

Well that Pixie Lott record is new on the B list as well but they've been playing that a lot, so I hope to hear BE. We have R2 on all day at work.

I think that the songs included in Songs4sorrow are gonna b the "weakest" points of new Mika's album. More catchy and commercial ones, such as Rain, Blame it on the girls, I consider are gonna be the great hits and the ones that should be realeased as Singles.

I think the only song that will be on the album is Toy Boy.

What does it say Rose? Blue Eyes or Mika EP Songs for Sorrow?..I could look but you are the woman of all Radio knowledge. :thumb_yello:

xx

What does it say Rose? Blue Eyes or Mika EP Songs for Sorrow?..I could look but you are the woman of all Radio knowledge. :thumb_yello:

xx

It says Mika, Blue Eyes, from the Songs For Sorrow acoustic EP.

I think that the songs included in Songs4sorrow are gonna b the "weakest" points of new Mika's album. More catchy and commercial ones, such as Rain, Blame it on the girls, I consider are gonna be the great hits and the ones that should be realeased as Singles.

If by "weakest" you mean "least commercial" then I totally agree. That said, I also agree that Blue Eyes, Lonely Alcoholic and Lady Jane likely won't be on the actual album.

You're totally right that Blame it on the Girls and Rain, as well as songs like We Are Golden and Good Gone Girl have way more commercial viability and will likely be hits. :punk:

Is it weird that I kind of want the general public to be oblivious to the EP? I know, I'm a bad fan, but I like the idea that the EP tracks are only on the radar of particularly interested fans. :teehee:

Is it weird that I kind of want the general public to be oblivious to the EP? I know, I'm a bad fan, but I like the idea that the EP tracks are only on the radar of particularly interested fans. :teehee:

Not weird, no! But in theory there should eventually be only 10,000 of us physically holding copies of it. In theory.....:teehee:

If by "weakest" you mean "least commercial" then I totally agree. That said, I also agree that Blue Eyes, Lonely Alcoholic and Lady Jane likely won't be on the actual album.

You're totally right that Blame it on the Girls and Rain, as well as songs like We Are Golden and Good Gone Girl have way more commercial viability and will likely be hits. :punk:

*agrees*

The songs on the EP won't be for anybody. And I also think that Blue Eyes is used to promote the EP only, not the album.

Not weird, no! But in theory there should eventually be only 10,000 of us physically holding copies of it. In theory.....:teehee:

In theory yeah....but you can actually download them illegally already. I think Blue Eyes is not a "weak" song though, I think it's a great sing along, and stuff. I love it...

But I agree...this EP is not something that will get mch advertisements and stuff. He made it to us FANS, it's not for world domination purposes. However the 2. album is.

But what if BE will be on the album as well? Just not in an acoustic version. That would explain it being the next single.

But I think the radios are just really desperate for our dear Meeks thats why they are playing the songs from this EP already...they can't wait for the 2. album....:D

Edited by Zsina

I definitely assumed the EP wouldn't have much to do with the album, because it's completely its own concept: four little tracks, Song For Sorrow. If the rest of the album was of the same theme, what's the point?

I love these songs, but yeah, I dont expect to see Lady Jane and Lonely Alcoholic on the album. I don't know if they were even meant to be sung live. They're just little stories, you know?

EPs are not necessarily meant to always be "tests" for the album, especially when they're in between albums, rather than preceding the debut of an artist. I think that other EP he did before LICM (I'm blanking on the name now) was meant to be more of a preview to LICM than Songs For Sorrow is to this upcoming album.

I definitely assumed the EP wouldn't have much to do with the album, because it's completely its own concept: four little tracks, Song For Sorrow. If the rest of the album was of the same theme, what's the point?

I love these songs, but yeah, I dont expect to see Lady Jane and Lonely Alcoholic on the album. I don't know if they were even meant to be sung live. They're just little stories, you know?

EPs are not necessarily meant to always be "tests" for the album, especially when they're in between albums, rather than preceding the debut of an artist. I think that other EP he did before LICM (I'm blanking on the name now) was meant to be more of a preview to LICM than Songs For Sorrow is to this upcoming album.

That would be the Dodgy Holiday EP ;-)

Only Toy Boy will feature on the album. The EP is a completely different concept...and Toy Boy will obviously be the strongest point of the album.

i kinda like the idea of the EP being our little treasure that the rest of the world doesnt know about :teehee:

Blue Eyes being played on radio and the rumours about it being the next single remind me a lot of Relax. It was the first song that got airplay and many people thought and said that it was Mika's first single but of course it wasnt. I think something similar is happening with BE now.

Interesting...I still wish it was Good Gone Girl :D

Anyone know when the actual album is set to be released?

Also, I thought relax was his first single can someone set me straight please?!

Nope, Relax was a limited edition promo for radio stations and industry, so it got a fair bit of airplay.

But GK was the first official single ;-)

Yurp Airtime is promotion and I adore BE!!...Go MIKA get the whole EP to be No.1...can that happen?

Only repeated as was told Simon Mayo said MIKA's new SINGLE so dunno????

xx

I wondered about this. What chart would the EP be on? Would it be the album, or the singles chart?

I do SO hope BE is a single! It's such an amazing song.

But if it is, Mika should tell us so we know for sure and don't speculate.

But it IS getting played, which is awesome news!