New Live Show!

dcdeb

Well maybe he will if you have the right code. :wink2:

:roftl: I'd probably give it away then. :roftl:

Thinking about it, having Mika standing in my door, I would not really know what to do with him. :blink:

I have crayons, though :cheerful_h4h:, hm, guess I will keep my codes :teehee:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it is awful for other the countries ..he hasn't been too as the US (huge as it is) as had a secret gig already.

OK we (UK) get one date and yes am sooooo pleased about that and I know it is not a full worldwide tour and that will come later in the year.

The distance between Los Angeles and New York is even greater than some countries in Europe.

I just had to comment on this, because while I'm very happy for NYC fans, or fans who can get to NYC, it's beyond ridiculous to say "Oh, Mika played LA, and now he's doing NYC, the US fans are being favoured!"

Um. The distance between New York and LA is nearly the distance between London...and Baghdad, Iraq. So each and every stop on this acoustic tour is closer to London than NYC is to LA. Something to keep in mind. :wink2:

And if it's because of the dancer/stripper whoever, maybe he should just drop her, as from what I saw of the LA show, she didn't really add anything to it!

I don't think that's the reason, unless New York State has some weird state-level laws that don't apply in California. Obviously there were no legal issues with under-18s seeing the burlesque dancer in LA, so I can't imagine there's some legal reason why they couldn't see the same performance in NYC.

That said, we have no reason to believe that's his opener, anyway. :thumb_yello:

Jeez can't we just enjoy things for once? I thought a year ago that every MFCer would have been over the moon just to hear a new song. But now it seems that if Mika doesn't hand deliver it to your house, along with a footrub, he's being unfair to his fans.

Let's just say it's not all blind luck. Mika is never going to come knocking on your front door in order to meet you.

If Mika doesn't come knocking on my door, how will he come deliver my footrub? What a jerk. :sneaky2:

I put people who say "it's all down to luck" and people who say "luck doesn't come into it" into the same category

It's a bit of both, mixed in different measures at different times. :wink2: Nothing is ever either or, is it?

Are you SURE about that? I mean come on... it's me after all! Of course he'd knock on my front door.

Ah ha just kidding. I have no clue what all the drama is about but I'm going to go take a nap. He can use the doorbell when he gets here. :wink2:

:lmao:That's the spirit

I can help talk to them for you when I get there. :biggrin2: Also - I have bad ankles and knees which is partly why I make the extra effort to be front row (being short, wanting Mika to sweat on me, etc ) and the barrier or stage is a great leaning structure for support. Lastly - I've seen canes that come with a little fold down seat (walkers too, but there a little bit more obtrusive).

And you forgot to add another reason: so you can scream out at him at the top of your lungs:

:mf_lustslow: I SAW YOU AT THE MOD CLUBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Are you stressed, dear?

That's true, but some of it is. Take Hammersmith Apollo for example. The security guards told us to stand on one side of the road as that's the side Mika was gonna come out on. I waited that side. Mika came out in a van. Wrong side. He stood there in front of loads of screaming fans running up to him. Security said don't run. I didn't run. I got stuck at the back, managed to see Mika's head. Tried to go round other side of the van to get a better view but Mika had already got back in the van and I nearly got run over (:roftl:)

But that's just my example, there are probably others that I or others could use.

But what you say is true, I understand your viewpoint.

I was already on the side opposite to the one the security guards said Mika was going to come out on. When it became clear Mika was coming out on the side I was on, everybody just pushed in front of me. I didn't get to speak to Mika either despite being in the right place at the right time.

C'est la vie.

Yeah I know. :(

It's a bit sad, really.

I'd love to have just a few seconds.

I think that everyone reads everyone else's stories on MFC and gets unrealistic expectations.

Some people have been extremely lucky, but even more have not (but not many people talk about that)

Like Christine says, lots of reports are written through fangurl tinted glasses too.

It's a bit of both, mixed in different measures at different times. :wink2: Nothing is ever either or, is it?

That's right- though in general the "make your own luck" brigade do better than the "all luck" lot. Unless some horrific bit of luck strips their self esteem.

That's right- though in general the "make your own luck" brigade do better than the "all luck" lot.

I think that this may be because the first group tend to be active in order to pursue things, and the second group may get stuck in the 'it's just down to luck so whatever I do won't make a difference' mindset and therefore not get it. As a rule of thumb, obviously, and not as an absolute truth.

Unless some horrific bit of luck strips their self esteem.

Sorry, not quite following here. Which group does this apply to and which context are you using it in?

I think that everyone reads everyone else's stories on MFC and gets unrealistic expectations.

Some people have been extremely lucky, but even more have not (but not many people talk about that)

Like Christine says, lots of reports are written through fangurl tinted glasses too.

Indeed.. And sometimes we don't see it ourselves.

I am horrifcly upset about this show being over 18 only.

I have waited for two years for a mika gig, and one finally comes. 45 minutes away from my house. My parents told me they would take me.

And its over 18 only.

Why.

I cried this morning. Its not fair.

I have waited for two years for a mika gig, and one finally comes. 45 minutes away from my house. My parents told me they would take me.

And its over 18 only.

Why.

im crying as i type this also, i am still buying the tickets also and going to the city and see if i can bargin with the people i dont care i just called the place and they said they have no info on it since its not onsale to the public but im buying them and then calling them tomorow again

And its over 18 only.

Why.

I don't even know what to say to that ..... I'm truly sorry for you ... :huglove: It completely and utterly sucks :tears:

PLEASE BE A U.S. DATE

PLEASE BE A U.S. DATE

PLEASE BE A U.S. DATE

PLEASE BE A U.S. DATE

PLEASE BE A U.S. DATE

PLEASE BE A U.S. DATE

PLEASE BE A U.S. DATE

PLEASE BE A U.S. DATE

PLEASE BE A U.S. DATE

:fangurl:

Holly, youre so lucky you can go.

I still cant wrap my mind around it. Hell be so freaking close. And I cant go becuase the stupid venue is over 18 only.

And I know he wont come back to NYC. Why would he if he already did?

Just tell me....why this ONE gig? My heart is absolutely broken.

I'm not So sure it is worth it anymore . . . :boxed:

That's JUST the thing . . . ALL of us would jet around the world just to see Mika (with the chance of meeting him/whatever) and that isn't even the REALLY important part to tell the truth. The ones that are able to take off at the drop of the hat and Do are the ones saying shut your mouth and stop complaining it is LIFE . . all the while they are happy as larks boarding a plane. Look at it both ways.

Well you say that, but you don't have any idea of the sacrifices they may or may not be making. Other people's lives can often look carefree and easy, but that's only because we don't know what goes on behind the scenes.