• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

picture.php?albumid=174&pictureid=3856

Painted Pony :teehee:

That is GORGEOUS!!! :mf_lustslow:

Oh thank you! You're too kind. I'd love to be able to draw like Zsina, I really look up to her and admire her skills. I wish I was at her standard. I mean, how do people draw like that? It's magic. I have no idea about materials and stuff, I've mostly progressed by myself. I tried to study art at college but wanted to do cartoons. My teacher slated my work and claimed it "wasn't art", to which I said "You're an ART TEACHER, isn't everything supposed to be ART?!"

But it's true - art teachers and art colleges see cartoons as a "bad form of escapism". I mean wtf? You take a piece of paper, you pick up and pencil and you f***ing draw. What's the difference in the process? You make it the same way as you make anything else! It's only the outcome that's different.

But I'd love to learn the professional way of drawing portraits. It would probably help where cartoons are concerned because of proportions and stuff.

hahah well zsina is like wonderwoman :shocked: she's so damn good at drawing people.

Just a quick note to both of you....you draw amazingly well, and I am 100% sure I could actually TEACH you to draw like I do.

It would take time, a lot of practising, but really, if you want to draw like that I can share my techniques and everything...it's not a big deal!:mf_rosetinted:

I'm self tought,never seen an art teacher....but it must suck Caz, that your teacher tells you manga is not art...I would kick her/his @ass. An ART teacher!!! Everything can be considered ART! Especially a drawing...no matter what style!:boxed:

I myself start to get bored of simple portraits, that's why I started combining ideas...and get a bit more 'artistic'...I mean like... hiding messages in drawings...mix coloured and graphite pencils...etc...

But indeed, drawing people is a great way to learn portions, like eyes and stuff...I could draw you a realistic face without references too by now. :huh:

But these portraits give a lot more frustration...you feel a bit like a human printer after a while...:aah:

Plus I feel that I can't really express MY art/thoughts/feelings through simple portraits...not like you can trough a cartoon/manga. I'm not gonna stop anyway, drawing people is cool. Especially hot ones like Mika....:das:

We shoud start a thread like: 'teach something to someone'....like how to draw mangas....realistic portraits...play a mika song on piano...etc...What do you think? :teehee:

Edited by Zsina

Just a quick note to both of you....you draw amazingly well, and I am 100% sure I could actually TEACH you to draw like I do.

It would take time, really a lot of practising, but really, if you want to draw like that I can share my techniques and everything...it's not a big deal!:mf_rosetinted:

I'm self tought,never seen an art teacher....but it must suck Caz, that your teacher tells you manga is not art...I would kick her/his @ass. An ART teacher!!! Everything can be considered ART! Especially a drawing...no matter what style!:boxed:

I myself start to get bored of simple portraits, that's why I started combining ideas...and get a bit more 'artistic'...I mean like... hiding messages in drawings...mix coloured and graphite pencils...etc...

But indeed, drawing people is a great way to learn portions, like eyes and stuff...I could draw you a realistic face without references too by now. :huh:

But these portraits give a lot more frustration...you feel a bit like a human printer after a while...:aah:

Plus I feel that I can't really express MY art/thoughts/feelings through simple portraits...not like you can trough a cartoon/manga. I'm not gonna stop anyway, drawing people is cool. Especially hot ones like Mika....:das:

We shoud start a thread like: 'teach something to someone'....like how to draw mangas....realistic portraits...play a mika song on piano...etc...What do you think? :teehee:

My art teacher was a man. Don't get me wrong, he was an exceptionally good artist (he drew real life) and I won't deny the fact, but I don't like Picasso but I don't say it's isn't art. I told him I didn't like Picasso and he nearly fell off his chair.

Annoying though, because we just simply didn't get on so he never really paid much attention to my work even if it was real life.

Like, the whole class had to draw a still life picture of our teacher, and no lie, mine was the best. Looked EXACTLY like him. I will even scan a picture of it, it's pretty life-like and pretty good for someone who's had little experience in chalk and charcoal and still life. He did look pretty amazed when he saw it and said it was very good, but when he saw everyone else's (who's were more out of proportion and, well, crappier?) he was like "oh I like how you've done it this way..." and all that bull crap. CAN'T YOU TELL THEY DIDN'T DO THAT ON PURPOSE, BUT BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T DO IT?! Wells thanks for the ego boost IDIOT.

ARGH :aah:

btw I like that idea lol!

EDIT: I find that portrait work is much more striking than cartoon work. I can look at a cartoon and go "oh wow, that's really good", but I can look at a portrait and go "OMG that's AMAZING."

Edited by CazGirl

My art teacher was a man. Don't get me wrong, he was an exceptionally good artist (he drew real life) and I won't deny the fact, but I don't like Picasso but I don't say it's isn't art. I told him I didn't like Picasso and he nearly fell off his chair.

Annoying though, because we just simply didn't get on so he never really paid much attention to my work even if it was real life.

Like, the whole class had to draw a still life picture of our teacher, and no lie, mine was the best. Looked EXACTLY like him. I will even scan a picture of it, it's pretty life-like and pretty good for someone who's had little experience in chalk and charcoal and still life. He did look pretty amazed when he saw it and said it was very good, but when he saw everyone else's (who's were more out of proportion and, well, crappier?) he was like "oh I like how you've done it this way..." and all that bull crap. CAN'T YOU TELL THEY DIDN'T DO THAT ON PURPOSE, BUT BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T DO IT?! Wells thanks for the ego boost IDIOT.

ARGH :aah:

btw I like that idea lol!

EDIT: I find that portrait work is much more striking than cartoon work. I can look at a cartoon and go "oh wow, that's really good", but I can look at a portrait and go "OMG that's AMAZING."

Yeah your right about the "edit" part ha! Indeed people tend to think like that!

But I love cartoony artmixed with real life things....there's an artist called LadySybile and another called Bjornik on devart...I ADORE THEIR WORKS! Check them out if you have some time...they just blow my mind everytime I see a new piece in their gallery...fierce like marylin manson! (lol, ..I had to...:roftl:)

I'm gonna start a thread like that...but only tomorrow..I need sleep now!

Goodnight girls!! We're gonna rule the world of 21th century ART! :mf_rosetinted:

It would take time, a lot of practising, but really, if you want to draw like that I can share my techniques and everything...it's not a big deal!:mf_rosetinted:

I would love to learn to draw like you :teehee:

This was my try with ballpoint pens. My sketchbook paper was too big, so that's why it's cut off a bit.

Try.jpg

:puke:

yaaaaayyy so cooll :) i loove the houuse :wub2:

and u used diffrent styles for hatching (lol does that make sense?) :)

:thumb_yello:

That is GORGEOUS!!! :mf_lustslow:

haha i love the idea of a thread like that :P

but yeaahh... it's all about practice xD

oh oh.. going to work now.. wondering what i'm going to draw today hahahaha..

ohh.. i'll finish the alligator :P

picture.php?albumid=174&pictureid=3856

Painted Pony :teehee:

that is really REALLY good - very life like, I love it!

what sort of colors did you use?

sure.

http://serena-rose.deviantart.com/gallery/

I wish I was a lot better though, especially when it comes to portraits. I get so envious of Zsina it must be unhealthy LOL!!! :roftl:

youre kidding, right?!

:shocked:

your self portrait, and the Mika close up made me go :shocked: (Just like looking at zsina's work...) it is AMAZING!

and the first pictures of the manga are really good too (me not being a big fan of it) I still love it...

we are all envious at zsina... :naughty:

haha i love the idea of a thread like that :P

but yeaahh... it's all about practice xD

oh oh.. going to work now.. wondering what i'm going to draw today hahahaha..

ohh.. i'll finish the alligator :P

you do that... :naughty:

here is my illustration i made of one of my drawings posted before :D haha

looks bit stupid..

should i make a background?

hund2h.jpg

I like the original much better...

the cloud is really neat though...

for the background... not sure... something light and simple I think- but I have NO idea :naughty:

On mine it said to paint it blue.... I was like 'what the hell?" :aah:

It's suppose to be lifelike :roftl:

i know :roftl: it was the first painting i ever completed:shocked: and it was still rubbish! :biggrin2:

yours is good though, it looks professional :wink2:

Thank you :blush-anim-cl:

I got bored on holiday :teehee: It took me a few hours :teehee:

I bet yours was great :thumb_yello:

:roftl: i do art when i get bored too.

nah it was really bad, it was a few years ago anway- i work better with a paint brush now :aah: