ALL Mika fan-art - Part II

EnFa

When the opportunity to make an illustration for Mika's June column was announced I wasn't particularly excited; I was really short in time so I didn't enter. From what I read on the XL republica forum, the selection of the winning illustration wasn't that fair.

My memories went back to the T-shirt competition... none off the participants did ever get a response from 'Mika's side'. I entered that competition too, but I never felt disappointed. I saw the competition as a great inspiration (I never designed a t-shirt before) and I felt really satisfied with my own work.

I just hope you do too! I really hope that you had a lot of fun, designing the XL Republica illustrations. And for what it's worth; I love all the designs! :wub2:

Neims, your drawing style really attracts me!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you so much! :wub2:

I love to draw! I'm doodling everytime :') Mika's music inspires me so much. He set my inspiration free.

I'm insecure about my drawing skills, so, for me, means so much reading all those beautiful comments. You made me smile, girls :') I told my mum, "mooooooooooooooooooom, they told me they like mi draaawwiinnng, yaaaaaaay" Lol. I'm a childish girl, can't help it.:blush-anim-cl:

I'm gonna post some drawings! :')

I did this in one of "I-need-a-gig" moments... Love the way he poses when sings relax :D

268941517.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1306966436&Signature=a4BNNyl17OHeCoh845%2FQjC7gUoY%3D

Hight resolution in full view: http://www.twitpic.com/4g4clp

Doodling... http://www.twitpic.com/365t5z

A Christmas one!

http://www.twitpic.com/3kjj6n

The image of a astronaut came to me when I was litening "satellite" LOL. Made with Oekaki, a online program to draw.

http://www.twitpic.com/35y8dg

Random moment thinking about how sweet is Melachi.

http://www.twitpic.com/4ex1fs

And this is not Mika related, but well, I LOVE iMMa. :'''''''3

My version of team JiMMa...

http://www.twitpic.com/4mi249

...and this is what happens when I have new converse.

http://www.twitpic.com/2e2hge

Lol. Sorry for all the pics. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do when I make all this stuff

Edited by Neims

Thank you so much! :wub2:

I love to draw! I'm doodling everytime :') Mika's music inspires me so much. He set my inspiration free.

I'm insecure about my drawing skills, so, for me, means so much reading all those beautiful comments. You made me smile, girls :') I told my mum, "mooooooooooooooooooom, they told me they like mi draaawwiinnng, yaaaaaaay" Lol. I'm a childish girl, can't help it.:blush-anim-cl:

I'm gonna post some drawings! :')

I did this in one of "I-need-a-gig" moments... Love the way he poses when sings relax :D

268941517.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1306966436&Signature=a4BNNyl17OHeCoh845%2FQjC7gUoY%3D

Hight resolution in full view: http://www.twitpic.com/4g4clp

Doodling... http://www.twitpic.com/365t5z

A Christmas one!

http://www.twitpic.com/3kjj6n

The image of a astronaut came to me when I was litening "satellite" LOL. Made with Oekaki, a online program to draw.

http://www.twitpic.com/35y8dg

Random moment thinking about how sweet is Melachi.

http://www.twitpic.com/4ex1fs

And this is not Mika related, but well, I LOVE iMMa. :'''''''3

My version of team JiMMa...

http://www.twitpic.com/4mi249

...and this is what happens when I have new converse.

http://www.twitpic.com/2e2hge

Lol. Sorry for all the pics. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do when I make all this stuff

converse:shocked: :fangurl:

I made a few Mika-Tofu dolls... :teehee: That's what happens, when you have too much free time and no news from Mika :roftl:

greenkk.png

greytofu.png

pinkc.png

redt.png

tofublackwhite.png

tofuredwhite.png

redold.png

bluenu.png

they are so fab!!!! I love the toful.dolls you make:wub2: beautiful

Miss.Roxxy, what an amazing drawings! :wub2: Love all the Mika drawings, but, wow, the rihanna one (without coloring) is so impressive! :shocked:

Etoile2roses,I dunno what happened D: I thought It was a problem of my computer. Mmmm... At least the links of twitpic still working! :)

Nice drawings Miss Roxy :wink2:

@Milda: nice Mikatofu dolls :biggrin2:

Miss.Roxxy, what an amazing drawings! :wub2: Love all the Mika drawings, but, wow, the rihanna one (without coloring) is so impressive! :shocked:

Etoile2roses,I dunno what happened D: I thought It was a problem of my computer. Mmmm... At least the links of twitpic still working! :)

Thank you sweeties :wub2:

OMG!!!!!!!

O.O

Those drawings are completely amazing!!!! :wub2: I love all of them!

I wanted to say something, I hope no one delete my comment, because I'm disappointed, not angry, and I'm only trying to explain my opinion. Sorry about my possible english mistakes, but I think this kind of Mika-competitions are not fair.

I mean... For example, the WAG video contest had a wonderful winner, but the rules were specified clearly: we had to record ourselves dancing in our room. It would have been more fair if Mika had asked for a free video, with the only requirement of playing WAG song.

For other side, the t-shirt contest never had a result...

And now, the XL La Republica competition..... The drawing is very nice indeed, but it was supposed to be a fan-competition...

I'm not happy with that.

And I will say something more: I was a Lollipop Girl in his last tour. Fan dancers get not paid for that. We don't get anything for doing that but fun. I think it would be very nice if he allowed us taking a picture for person, as a way of gratitude... not turning down our request.

It's my humble opinion.

I respect and admire his creativity so much, but I repeat it: I am very disappointed about that.

Edited by Rivendel_Mordor

OMG!!!!!!!

O.O

Those drawings are completely amazing!!!! :wub2: I love all of them!

I wanted to say something, I hope no one delete my comment, because I'm disappointed, not angry, and I'm only trying to explain my opinion. Sorry about my possible english mistakes, but I think this kind of Mika-competitions are not fair.

I mean... For example, the WAG video contest had a wonderful winner, but the rules were specified clearly: we had to record ourselves dancing in our room. It would have been more fair if Mika had asked for a free video, with the only requirement of playing WAG song.

For other side, the t-shirt contest never had a result...

And now, the XL La Republica competition..... The drawing is very nice indeed, but it was supposed to be a fan-competition...

I'm not happy with that.

And I will say something more: I was a Lollipop Girl in his last tour. Fan dancers get not paid for that. We don't get anything for doing that but fun. I think it would be very nice if he allowed us taking a picture for person, as a way of gratitude. But an only and "very fast" group photo is a very low price, because he is saving the salary of a 10-15 dancers every gig.

It's my humble opinion. Mika is earning money because of all his fans. He can't forget this.

I respect and admire his creativity so much, but I repeat it: I am very disappointed about that.

about the WAG video...I don't really understand your problem with the video that won? do you mean that the girl that won didn't dance in her room but made a stopmotion video with lego? because personally, I think it's brilliant. and I think it wasn't someone from MFC, and yes, perhaps it would've been more fun if someone of 'us' won. But being a mika fan isn't limited to being on mfc, there are plenty of fans out there, but aren't on here. and I'm still amazed by what she made, and I can clearly see why mika picked that vid, since I myself am a big fan of stopmotion! Which doesn't mean that I didn't love other vids ofcourse, but she came up with a very original idea, so she deserves credit for it.

I don't really know the rules or what they asked for for the XL thingy. But if it was a competition everyone could freely enter, then again, I think the person who won, deserves credit for that. even though he is indeed a professional. and again, the same,I understand it would've been nicer if someone we know won.

about the dancers: I'm actually quite surprised you made this comment.

Mika could perfectly choose to use professional dancers for his show, but instead he gives fans the opportunity to be a part of his show and dance on stage. I wouldn't expect anyone to get anything in return for that, the dancing on stage should be enough I think. Yet he does give those people the change to have some things signed and a group pic, which is very nice of him. But from your remarks it seems as if you think he is using his fans, as if the fans who get to dance with him on stage were forced to do so :boxed: I don't get that at all. and like I said, I think being able to dance on stage with a singer you like should be enough on its own, without having to get something in return.

Well, and this is my picture... I didn't expect to win, but I would have been very happy if someone of you had won.

:)

tumblr_lm4r30ufeU1qkkiu2o1_500.jpg

Finally, I need to thank Neims publicly for giving me some advices when I draw with my tablet :biggrin2::thumb_yello: You are an amazing woman!!

I love your picture! :wub2:

Anyway, we´re all a bit dissapointed when we don´t win something, but that´s just a competition, that´s all about luck, maybe someone´s not very happy and he wins anything, believe me, we should be happy that there are these competitions at least, it makes winners happy, that´s the power of competitions. You should be happy for them I think. It would be worse if there´s not any. About that you´ve said - It´s true, he has dancers for free, but you don´t have to do it. It´s like when you´re volontary - would you ask for money if you are in Africa and you help to save some lifes? It´s all up to you. And when you´re on stage, maybe you´re that good that someone will notice you and give you a job. You never know. It´s the same thing like American Idol f.ex. - no one asks those people to come. they´re there for free, they don´t get paid but they wanna work and be there, because it´s the opportunity of letting the others know about themselves. Think about it. :thumb_yello:

about the WAG video...I don't really understand your problem with the video that won? do you mean that the girl that won didn't dance in her room but made a stopmotion video with lego? because personally, I think it's brilliant. and I think it wasn't someone from MFC, and yes, perhaps it would've been more fun if someone of 'us' won. But being a mika fan isn't limited to being on mfc, there are plenty of fans out there, but aren't on here. and I'm still amazed by what she made, and I can clearly see why mika picked that vid, since I myself am a big fan of stopmotion! Which doesn't mean that I didn't love other vids ofcourse, but she came up with a very original idea, so she deserves credit for it.

I don't really know the rules or what they asked for for the XL thingy. But if it was a competition everyone could freely enter, then again, I think the person who won, deserves credit for that. even though he is indeed a professional. and again, the same,I understand it would've been nicer if someone we know won.

about the dancers: I'm actually quite surprised you made this comment.

Mika could perfectly choose to use professional dancers for his show, but instead he gives fans the opportunity to be a part of his show and dance on stage. I wouldn't expect anyone to get anything in return for that, the dancing on stage should be enough I think. Yet he does give those people the change to have some things signed and a group pic, which is very nice of him. But from your remarks it seems as if you think he is using his fans, as if the fans who get to dance with him on stage were forced to do so :boxed: I don't get that at all. and like I said, I think being able to dance on stage with a singer you like should be enough on its own, without having to get something in return.

I think I didn't make my point.

The video winner was completely amazing!! Of course she deserved to win. And the draw is really cool, too. I only said that the rules should be clearer.

And I didn't say anything about being from MFC!!! When I said I prefer someone of us winning the contest, I meant an ANONYMOUS FAN, not a famous person.

I am not the only Mika fan that thinks like this. I have talked about it with a lot of us, and all of them are a little bit disappointed.

And as far as the Mika dancers is concern, of course I don't think Mika forces us!! I'm sad you take out of context what I said. It's only my opinion, I'm not demanding anything.

I enjoyed a lot being a Lollipop girl, and I will do it again if I have the chance. But we are paying a ticket for a gig we are not going to see (at least a great part of it). It would be a very cool detail.

I personally love Mika, and I think he is very different from other pop artists. He is a very forthcoming person too, and that's great!

But I have my own opinions.

I love your picture! :wub2:

Anyway, we´re all a bit dissapointed when we don´t win something, but that´s just a competition, that´s all about luck, maybe someone´s not very happy and he wins anything, believe me, we should be happy that there are these competitions at least, it makes winners happy, that´s the power of competitions. You should be happy for them I think. It would be worse if there´s not any. About that you´ve said - It´s true, he has dancers for free, but you don´t have to do it. It´s like when you´re volontary - would you ask for money if you are in Africa and you help to save some lifes? It´s all up to you. And when you´re on stage, maybe you´re that good that someone will notice you and give you a job. You never know. It´s the same thing like American Idol f.ex. - no one asks those people to come. they´re there for free, they don´t get paid but they wanna work and be there, because it´s the opportunity of letting the others know about themselves. Think about it. :thumb_yello:

But I'm not disappointed in not-winning :blink: , because I know I wasn't good enough! In fact, I participated in the 2 contests only for having fun.:thumb_yello: It's extremely difficult win something in any kind of competition.

And I don't want money for being a Mika dancer :roftl::aah: As you said, it's voluntary. I repeat it: it's only my opinion, and if I were a famous person, I would take individual photos with my voluntary dancers, as a way of gratitude.

But my last desire is to generate controversy.

I just like polite discussions :wink2:

Well, and this is my picture... I didn't expect to win, but I would have been very happy if someone of you had won.

:)

tumblr_lm4r30ufeU1qkkiu2o1_500.jpg

Finally, I need to thank Neims publicly for giving me some advices when I draw with my tablet :biggrin2::thumb_yello: You are an amazing woman!!

Sorry, I didn't read all the comments, I feel lazy today :aah:

But... this drawing is...woow, I mean..you draw fantastically...but, but..

:swoon:

VERY GOOD JOB!!

I think I didn't make my point.

The video winner was completely amazing!! Of course she deserved to win. And the draw is really cool, too. I only said that the rules should be clearer.

And I didn't say anything about being from MFC!!! When I said I prefer someone of us winning the contest, I meant an ANONYMOUS FAN, not a famous person.

I am not the only Mika fan that thinks like this. I have talked about it with a lot of us, and all of them are a little bit disappointed.

And as far as the Mika dancers is concern, of course I don't think Mika forces us!! I'm sad you take out of context what I said. It's only my opinion, I'm not demanding anything.

I enjoyed a lot being a Lollipop girl, and I will do it again if I have the chance. But we are paying a ticket for a gig we are not going to see (at least a great part of it). It would be a very cool detail.

I personally love Mika, and I think he is very different from other pop artists. He is a very forthcoming person too, and that's great!

But I have my own opinions.

like you said, you just expressed your opinion. I expressed mine. there nothing wrong with doing that.

and I don't think I took anything out of its context. Like I said, the contest was open for everyone -as far as I'm aware- so also for professionals.