2009 - MIKA@Passionkirche, Berlin! Gig reports, photos & vids!! June 1

happikali

Wow, that jacket is beautiful!! :wub2:

Oh and do I see another keyboard type instrument along side the grand piano?? Something that may have cost about £11,000??? :naughty:

Set list

lady jane

gk

sitm

blue eyes

toy boy

billy brown

happy hending

over my schoulder

good gone girl

big girl

blame in on the girl, blame in on the boy

lolippop

rain

love today

gk

lady jane

gk

sitm

blue eyes

toy boy

billy brown

happy hending

over my schoulder

good gone girl

big girl

lollipop

rain

love today

gk

here is the official set list, it's the same:wink2:

Fouchonneret Fanny has give me this evening after the show in Berlin...

lady jane

gk

sitm

blue eyes

toy boy

billy brown

happy hending

over my schoulder

good gone girl

big girl

lollipop

rain

love today

gk

here is the official set list, it's the same:wink2:

Fouchonneret Fanny has give me this evening after the show in Berlin...

is that the proper order? or no?

OMG!!:roftl: this is amazing!! what a beautiful place, the perfect songs...but i really would love hearing LA!! i hope he sings this one in next acoustics!....can't wait for the reports!!!!!!!.... by way...the pics are fantastic...and this jacket is...so:wub2: ....lookinf forward to seeing more pics!!!!:naughty:

thanks for all the posts!!!!!..:thumb_yello:

part 1

P1060414.jpg

I’m exhausted and so, so happy. :blush-anim-cl:

My friends Anne, Berit and I arrived at the BEAUTIFUL venue at 3pm. I was number 46. When we wanted to leave for dinner somebody special arrived…

P1060416.jpg

P1060417.jpg

I was SHAKING like Ingie has told you before ;) It was so surreal seeing him… We were like “Is that really him?.. no.. wait.. YES it is OMG”.

After that I immediately called Ingie to share my excitement.

part 2

So after this first shock we calmed down and waited. And waited. And painted nails. And waited. And chatted to the nice MFCers. And tried to get a little sneak peak of him at the artists exit.

And ANDY interviewed us! YAY. He is so nice and has my sense of humour. He told me he liked my shoes. So he has a good taste in fashion too.

At 17.30pm-ish people started to line up for the tickets. My friends and me lurked around at the back exit and we noticed that a black big car with toned (?) windows was being prepared… mhmmm… so we decided to stay there, hehe.

A security guy told us that we had to pick up our tickets… but we already had ours. He tried to trick us that bitch, hrhr.

When a security guy actually CARES about us you know something special is going to happen.. so why the hell should we leave?? hehe.

MIKA came out!! :yay:

He wore a very nice vest-jacket-thingy and signed our booklets and wallets. AND WE GOT TO TAKE A PICTURE WITH HIM. WOOHOO. He was so incredibly nice. Whoa. Awww and so sweet :wub2:

Grinning like an idiot, hehe.:biggrin2:

P1060431.jpg

P1060433.jpg

P1060438-1.jpg

And that’s me looking through a window (wow, exciting):

P1060421.jpg

part 3

Then our bunch of pretty thrilled and happy girls went to the main entrance of the church.

4th row. The venue was STUNNING. S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G.

Awesome view. No barriers.

Cell phones off or quiet, Taking pictures was allowed but without flash.

MERCH: the Songs for sorrow EP book (20€), LadyJane shirts in green and white(25€), MIKA buttons (a set of 4 buttons, 10€), a tour poster customized with the venue and city blahblah (20€) and CDs of the support act.

…which was called “Blue Roses”. Two girls with beautiful voices. Violins, guitars, drums, keyboard and some other interesting instruments. In my opinion all the songs sounded very similar but I might as well have been too excited to listen to them too carefully, hehe.

And theeeen… *drumroll* MIKA! With Martin, Cherisse, Dan? and a very talented back-up singer from a choir in Cambridge.

He started LadyJane three times, that was so cute. My hands are sore from clapping to the beat of Good gone girl. We were the choir at Happy Ending, CHILLS all over my body! OVER MY SHOULDER FTW! Lollipop with ****ing Garbage cans in the beginning. GENIUS. When Big girl came on the people standing at the back of the venue came to the front to party with us. Everybody went crazy and danced and shaked their pretty asses!

Rainnnnnn as the encore… (matching the weather a little bit)… Grace Kelly again for the second encore!

Amazingly awesome mind-blowing I-wanna-do-it-again he is the best and a genius his shoes were cool and I wanna be like him performance.

:puppy_eyes:

P1060443.jpg

P1060446.jpg

P1060450.jpg

P1060451.jpg

P1060456.jpg

P1060457.jpg

part 4

Post-concert:

We went straight to the artists exit where we’ve met him before the concert.

Andy interviewed us again.

A security bubble said that Mika will give EVERYBODY an autograph if we’re making a queue along the church wall. But no touching and no pictures blahblah.

That was EXTREMELY nice. I got my Songs for sorrow EP book signed… when he was asking for my name he looked straight into my eyes... I almost died. I felt like I was melting into his arms. AMAZING feeling. He so damn goodlooking.

These pictures are of Schnegge and Jana, I’ve forgotton the forum name.

P1060462.jpg

P1060463.jpg

And everybody of his crew is SO nice. We’ve talked to the band and got autographs of them.

I’m VERY HAPPY. VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY HAPPY.

MIKA is the best. Aösdlfjsfdfnsöouir348vjlsdjf.

Edited by CottonCandy

Thanks for your reprt and pics!!

Amazingly awesome mind-blowing I-wanna-do-it-again he is the best and a genius his shoes were cool and I wanna be like him performance.

I just had to quote this....the feeling of a Mika gig!! nicely put :biggrin2:

part 3

Then our bunch of pretty thrilled and happy girls went to the main entrance of the church.

4th row. The venue was STUNNING. S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G.

Awesome view. No barriers.

Cell phones off or quiet, Taking pictures was allowed but without flash.

MERCH: the Songs for sorrow EP book (20€), LadyJane shirts in green and white(25€), MIKA buttons (a set of 4 buttons, 10€), a tour poster customized with the venue and city blahblah (20€) and CDs of the support act.

…which was called “Blue Roses”. Two girls with beautiful voices. Violins, guitars, drums, keyboard and some other interesting instruments. In my opinion all the songs sounded very similar but I might as well have been too excited to listen to them too carefully, hehe.

And theeeen… *drumroll* MIKA! With Martin, Cherisse, Dan? and a very talented back-up singer from a choir in Cambridge.

He started LadyJane three times, that was so cute. My hands are sore from clapping to the beat of Good gone girl. We were the choir at Happy Ending, CHILLS all over my body! OVER MY SHOULDER FTW! Lollipop with ****ing Garbage cans in the beginning. GENIUS. When Big girl came on the people standing at the back of the venue came to the front to party with us. Everybody went crazy and danced and shaked their pretty asses!

Rainnnnnn as the encore… (matching the weather a little bit)… Grace Kelly again for the second encore!

P1060443.jpg

P1060446.jpg

P1060450.jpg

P1060451.jpg

P1060456.jpg

P1060457.jpg

Wow... the venue really is stunning!!!

Love the photos and thanks for the report!