2009 - MIKA@Passionkirche, Berlin! Gig reports, photos & vids!! June 1

happikali

Best gig ever :yay:

Queued 10 hours for the best spot in the entire venue with a perfect view to the back of Mika's head and various arses

:roftl:

I have just a short time to post a report but as most of you might be interested in receiving any news, let me put down my first impressions/thoughts.

To begin with, the setlist was as follows (NOT necessarily in order):

Lady Jane, Grace Kelly, Over My Shoulder, Blue Eyes, Toy Boy, Stuck in the Middle, Blame it on the Girls, Happy Ending, Big Girl, Lollipop, Good Gone Girl, Love Today, Rain, Grace Kelly with piano only

...so , first thoughts:

He did not manage to start Lady Jane at the right pitch - not even for the second time - but from the middle he kind of tried to compensate it with more dynamics and exaggerated gestures (:naughty:) That was sooooo typical of him. I actually loved it

The other song he messed up was Toy Boy (though I am not really sure why he stopped in the middle, ruining it), but because he ended the song the melody of the music box from Mozart's Magic Flute with a mischievous smile on his face, I forgave him. ( If you don't know what I am talking out, you can find the link I posted a couple of months ago on the Toy Boy thread - Papageno's Ein Mädchen oder Weibchen ). I was so impressed that after the gig I even took the courage to ask him if he was inspired by that when writing TB...:teehee: (unnecessarily, really, since he did play that tune at the end, but I thought it was kind of nice to let him know that we appreciate teh effort... or at least I most definitely do)

Another favourite part of the show for me was him playing Over My Shoulder - it was almost unbelievable he performed it so well that towards the end he actually sounded better than on the original recording (A.M. sounded just the same but Mika's voice was stronger - such a pleasant surprise )

All his upbeat songs (GGG, BG, Lollipop, SMITM, BOTG) sounded absolutely brilliant - everyone was dancing and singing anf the atmosphere was simply undescribable. (I leave those for the other MFCers to report on them)...

Finally, I have to conclude that besides the really intimate atmosphere and the good vocal backing it was the fact that he is now increasingly reliant on fans to join in and sing that made it all feel so glorious...

A typical example of that Happy Ending (one of my favourites that night) .. He was leaving fans to sing the chorus while he was singing on top...

We sounded like a choir .... I want more of that - different parts of the audience singing different parts.. etc

Well, that's it from me now - will be back tomorrow only I guess..leaving for sightseeing in Potsdam now

:clap:

I think he can always surprise us... that's part of his charm

Anyway, I am only back because there are important things I forgot to tell you about (I keep forgetting things as this is my 2nd night with less than 4 hours of sleep)

1., He did take time to sign and talk to people after the show - just make sure you all behave and stand in a queue

2., You have the chance to buy the EP at the gig for 20 EUR

3., Toy Boy was written by Mika and Jodie Marr. (Do w have a kind of apperciation thread on her already? If so, let's bump it!)

:pbjt:

I am tired but so happy! My English is bad so I can't find right words, sorry. I just say it was perfect, and that he is really sweet. So sweet... I was hoping he would sing Relax, but we heard Lady Jane, Toy Boy, Rain and a really beautiful version of Over My Shoulder (it was beautiful!!), so I am so happy.

I have a few photos, I can show them when I get back home. I filmed something, here is Love Today (it is my all time favorite, so I wanted to film that one).

:cheerful_h4h:

FANTASTIC NEWS EVERYONE! Thanks!

Best gig ever :yay:

Queued 10 hours for the best spot in the entire venue with a perfect view to the back of Mika's head and various arses :naughty:

Oh trust you to have had such a brilliant view.:aah:

*subscribes*

That show seemed to be absolutely amazing!!!

Let's wait and see what jacket Mika wil wear tonight in Amsterdam!

Thank you to everyone for posting their impressions.

I am tired but so happy! My English is bad so I can't find right words, sorry. I just say it was perfect, and that he is really sweet. So sweet... I was hoping he would sing Relax, but we heard Lady Jane, Toy Boy, Rain and a really beautiful version of Over My Shoulder (it was beautiful!!), so I am so happy.

I have a few photos, I can show them when I get back home. I filmed something, here is Love Today (it is my all time favorite, so I wanted to film that one).

Loved the vid. Thankyou!

Also thankyou Suzie for your report. I like hearing all the little gossipy things that happened like starting a song in the wrong key etc:naughty:

Thanks all for your pictures and your movies !

I long to see him in Paris now... but I can't imagine the show because it won't be in a church but in a circus !

The sound was amazing in that church :thumb_yello: It was probably the first time that so many people and the "priest" were jumping in there :teehee:

Cottoncandy : thanks for everything and, particularly for having described all your "day", that's sounded good ! We feel in your impressions that you really love Mika :wub2: and I am sure it is worth now you have crossed his eyes :wub2::blush-anim-cl:

Thank you - WOW you had a good spot!!! Do you have any more videos?

There is something really perfect and amazing about seeing Mika perform in a church. :naughty:

I have something more, I watch them when I am back at home. But I mostly took pictures, not many videos.

I had a really good view. I was sitting in the middle of the second row ( a really good place), but when people (from back rows) came to stand in front of me, I stood up and was in the first row. It was my first time so close to him, it was amazing. I tried not jump or wave my hands so people could see from behind of me, lol.

I am so happy he is doing these gigs, venues are so special!

Big Girl

Love Today standing on the piano...I think...

Happy Ending "I wanna do this next song, on the condition that the chorus is yours"

Lollipop

GK

Gosh everyone is slow posting vids today:wink2: You could see their cameras, so they exist somewhere!!

Edited by Blue Sky

This terrible screen cap is just to keep us going till people get back with the real photos.

So we need to know who is who still... Martin..Dan(?)...Big M...(?koko singer)...cherisse.berlin.jpg

This terrible screen cap is just to keep us going till people get back with the real photos.

So we need to know who is who still... Martin..Dan(?)...Big M...(?koko singer)...cherisse.berlin.jpg

Right. The second signed my EP book with Dan. He said he's new, I think. But I'm not sure if I read it right :roftl:

That's Billy Brown next to Chesrisse! :wink2:

I absolutely ADORE that jacket!::

And the shirt has an interesting collar.

Very Mozartesque!

what an appropriate definition!

I have always had a crush on mozart: it all makes even more sense now.. :mf_rosetinted:

part 1

P1060431.jpg

I’m exhausted and so, so happy. :

My friends Anne, Berit and I arrived at the BEAUTIFUL venue at 3pm. I was number 46. When we wanted to leave for dinner somebody special arrived…

P1060416.jpg

thanks so much for the pics and reports, cotton candy. glad you had such a great time.

aww.. someone's still wearing my bracelet.. :wub2: *fangurl moment* :teehee:

awww.. some "familiar faces" in the fans area..

Oh lord, chinese whispers!

It was Stevie TARQUIN!!!

But feel free to join in with the pick as tupid name game we have going for him, we had some great ones for Andy when we did it for him:l:

I'm still convinced mika put "samantha" is one of the new songs for a reason.. :fisch::naughty:

3., Toy Boy was written by Mika and Jodie Marr. (Do w have a kind of apperciation thread on her already? If so, let's bump it!)

jodie wrote this too..? that's great to know!

trying to caption the flickr pics: will post them on my mika gallery when done (link in my sig)

I think he can always surprise us... that's part of his charm :teehee:

Anyway, I am only back because there are important things I forgot to tell you about (I keep forgetting things as this is my 2nd night with less than 4 hours of sleep)

1., He did take time to sign and talk to people after the show - just make sure you all behave and stand in a queue

2., You have the chance to buy the EP at the gig for 20 EUR

Oooh, that does surprize me!! I would realy have thought it was a 100% Mika song!

Frigging brilliant vid, thank you so much :huglove: .

He was on fire :shocked: ! And at the same time completely relaxed and in command. One tends to forget, after a few months without seeing him perform, how incredibly, wickedly talented he is :bow: ... and unbelievable handsome too, funny monkeyish face or not :wub2::fangurl::swoon: .

Thank you again, I wish we were already on Monday.

Marie-Thérèse

That's Billy Brown next to Chesrisse! :wink2:

haha.

P1060468.jpg

Dan. and a star + a smiley face which actually looks like a guy with a huge boner :teehee::roftl: sorry.

And that Toy Boy story.. It was the beginning of the second verse and I believe that DAN has forgotton that he's a backup singer too :biggrin2: Cruel cross.. they blamed it on the cross in the backround :naughty:

so happy that he played over my shoulder:wub2: i've always wanted to listen to this song live, hope he plays it in paris too.

thanks for all the reports, pics and vids:flowers2: it must have been a very special gig:wub2:

cant wait to read/see more:biggrin2: