2009 - MIKA@Passionkirche, Berlin! Gig reports, photos & vids!! June 1

happikali

Finally home now... and a bit tired.

Anyway I wasn't being sarcastic when I said it was the best gig ever :boing: Due to he fact that I skipped the last hour of queueing (you know the part where everyone's pushing and security people are yelling and noone knows what's up and down :freak:)

Vally, Dennis and I waited until we could walk in calmly, got a seat at the side, ate some pretzels, had a drink, went to the loo etc. ... and for once I was then able to fully enjoy the concert even if I saw a lot more of Mika's mother than I actually saw of him :naughty:

I did manage to see his weird hand gestures for Lady Jane though, which alone was enough to make my day :lmfao: Also found it hilarious when he played Grace Kelly as the second song and everyone was just sitting there like zombies. Over my shoulder was whinier than ever and Vally was able to actually walk out in protest this time LOL! Absolutely loved Toy Boy live, even if I kinda saw that from the back as well, at least I could see him haha. When the more bouncy songs came on we couldn't really just sit there anymore, so we joined Mrs. P. and the others who were blocking our view up at the front and decided to party the rest of the gig. Most of the people who were behind us got up as well, so no harm done really and it seemed like Mika was quite happy that people woke up a bit :yay:

Stayed after the gig and waited to not talk to Mika of course. I decided I had nothing to say whatsoever, so made sure to place myself at the spot where he would have to turn to get in the car, just so I can still moan that he was clearly avoiding me :naughty:

Such a great day!!! And it was so wonderful to meet all you guys again :wub2:

And yeah sorry, have no pics and videos - but I'm not sure that's a big loss lol.

haha.

P1060468.jpg

Dan. and a star + a smiley face which actually looks like a guy with a huge boner :teehee::roftl: sorry.

And that Toy Boy story.. It was the beginning of the second verse and I believe that DAN has forgotton that he's a backup singer too :biggrin2: Cruel cross.. they blamed it on the cross in the backround :naughty:

Isn't that an "R" beside Dan's name, as his surname begins with an R?

Just an observation:naughty:

Finally home now... and a bit tired.

Anyway I wasn't being sarcastic when I said it was the best gig ever :boing: Due to he fact that I skipped the last hour of queueing (you know the part where everyone's pushing and security people are yelling and noone knows what's up and down :freak:)

Vally, Dennis and I waited until we could walk in calmly, got a seat at the side, ate some pretzels, had a drink, went to the loo etc. ... and for once I was then able to fully enjoy the concert even if I saw a lot more of Mika's mother than I actually saw of him :naughty:

I did manage to see his weird hand gestures for Lady Jane though, which alone was enough to make my day :lmfao: Also found it hilarious when he played Grace Kelly as the second song and everyone was just sitting there like zombies. Over my shoulder was whinier than ever and Vally was able to actually walk out in protest this time LOL! Absolutely loved Toy Boy live, even if I kinda saw that from the back as well, at least I could see him haha. When the more bouncy songs came on we couldn't really just sit there anymore, so we joined Mrs. P. and the others who were blocking our view up at the front and decided to party the rest of the gig. Most of the people who were behind us got up as well, so no harm done really and it seemed like Mika was quite happy that people woke up a bit :yay:

Stayed after the gig and waited to not talk to Mika of course. I decided I had nothing to say whatsoever, so made sure to place myself at the spot where he would have to turn to get in the car, just so I can still moan that he was clearly avoiding me :naughty:

Such a great day!!! And it was so wonderful to meet all you guys again :wub2:

And yeah sorry, have no pics and videos - but I'm not sure that's a big loss lol.

I thought Bournemouth was the best gig ever, when he handed you the drumstick? LOL!!!

Did you dance with his mum then? Cool!

I thought Bournemouth was the best gig ever, when he handed you the drumstick? LOL!!!

Did you dance with his mum then? Cool!

Well that one was quite good too :naughty: And nah I danced behind his mother, she was busy filming him :mf_rosetinted:

well i posted most of my concert experiences on twitter already yesterday... but some facts that haven't been mentioned...

- when he started with billy brown, he said sth like if his mother (? well, she was there...) knew he'd sing that in a church... and then was joking around that we should treat it like a hymn and said "everybody turn the page, 63 please". :naughty: oh yeah, and not sure if it was before billy brown too, but he also swore and then said sth like "oh, i promised i wouldn't swear!". :naughty:

- when he was signing stuff after the show, he took so much time for everyone. he was there for almost an hour, until all the i guess about 100 ppl who were there got their autographs.

- andy told us that they'd try to make a vlog about every show of the tour and that they want to fill the website with more content.

- andy's birthday was 2 days ago. :bleh:

- don't quote me on this, but i'm quite sure that mika had tears in his eyes at the end of "over my shoulder". anyway he turned away from the crowd right after the song and wiped his eyes a few times.

- we already thought that rain would've been the only encore, as they've already started the background music again. but as the crowd wouldn't stop clapping and cheering, he came out again, on his own without the band and sang grace kelly again. before that, he said he'd forgotten to introduce his band, and then introduced them, even though they were not there. :roftl:

- during big girl, everyone stood up. i think it started in our corner, anyway the girls behind me told everyone around us that we should stand up because they couldn't sit still anymore. :naughty: so we did, and a chain reaction started, although we were so in the corner that no one behind us would've had to stand up to see. i had the feeling that mika loved it when people stood up, he had a big smile on his face, and i think standing up added a lot to the ecstatic atmosphere in the venue. though, if it had been up to me, for the slow songs we could've sat down again. i did, but i saw no-one else sitting down again.

the downside of it was that people from the back ran through the middle aisle to the front and stayed there, blocking the sight for others - like sariflor, for example, she was 2nd row right next to the aisle, and it was quite bad for her. :sad:

- mika signed the mfc flag, he wrote something like "thank you for making them dance", if i remember correctly.

- the orchestra version of toy boy on the EP is fantastic. :wub2: and so is the book. i have 2 EPs now, when they send the preordered one to me... damn, but i just couldn't resist! *g*

i'm really tired, only slept 2 hours last night cause i forgot my earplugs and it was so loud in that hostel room - from the street, and ppl snoring... anyway, will start uploading a few things now... the rest of it will follow in the next few days.

well i posted most of my concert experiences on twitter already yesterday... but some facts that haven't been mentioned...

- when he started with billy brown, he said sth like if his mother (? well, she was there...) knew he'd sing that in a church... and then was joking around that we should treat it like a hymn and said "everybody turn the page, 63 please". :naughty: oh yeah, and not sure if it was before billy brown too, but he also swore and then said sth like "oh, i promised i wouldn't swear!". :naughty:

- when he was signing stuff after the show, he took so much time for everyone. he was there for almost an hour, until all the i guess about 100 ppl who were there got their autographs.

- andy told us that they'd try to make a vlog about every show of the tour and that they want to fill the website with more content.

- andy's birthday was 2 days ago. :bleh:

- don't quote me on this, but i'm quite sure that mika had tears in his eyes at the end of "over my shoulder". anyway he turned away from the crowd right after the song and wiped his eyes a few times.

- we already thought that rain would've been the only encore, as they've already started the background music again. but as the crowd wouldn't stop clapping and cheering, he came out again, on his own without the band and sang grace kelly again. before that, he said he'd forgotten to introduce his band, and then introduced them, even though they were not there. :roftl:

- during big girl, everyone stood up. i think it started in our corner, anyway the girls behind me told everyone around us that we should stand up because they couldn't sit still anymore. :naughty: so we did, and a chain reaction started, although we were so in the corner that no one behind us would've had to stand up to see. i had the feeling that mika loved it when people stood up, he had a big smile on his face, and i think standing up added a lot to the ecstatic atmosphere in the venue. though, if it had been up to me, for the slow songs we could've sat down again. i did, but i saw no-one else sitting down again.

the downside of it was that people from the back ran through the middle aisle to the front and stayed there, blocking the sight for others - like sariflor, for example, she was 2nd row right next to the aisle, and it was quite bad for her. :sad:

- mika signed the mfc flag, he wrote something like "thank you for making them dance", if i remember correctly.

- the orchestra version of toy boy on the EP is fantastic. :wub2: and so is the book. i have 2 EPs now, when they send the preordered one to me... damn, but i just couldn't resist! *g*

i'm really tired, only slept 2 hours last night cause i forgot my earplugs and it was so loud in that hostel room - from the street, and ppl snoring... anyway, will start uploading a few things now... the rest of it will follow in the next few days.

Fantastic report, love the things you found out.

Andy is getting a birthday card next week, like it or not! LOL!!!

Edited by RAK1

you should all know that I cry when I read gig reports, they're so amazing. Well I don't really cry but I might as well cry, of happiness that is :wink2:.

Thank you all for the reports :biggrin2:

just uploading some of my videos... as always, i don't have whole songs... :fisch: but the videos i'm uploading now are at least big parts of the songs. :wink2:

first one: toy boy

hope they won't delete them like the LA ones...

over my shoulder:

Edited by mellody

just uploading some of my videos... as always, i don't have whole songs... :fisch: but the videos i'm uploading now are at least big parts of the songs. :wink2:

over my shoulder:

wow, Mellody.......GRAZIE!!!! :wink2:

thanks for the reports, mellody. :thumb_yello:

I really hope the people will behave on sat., since we are all sitting, and won't go to front row like they did in berlin. it'd be REALLY annoying.. :sneaky2:

GAH! Thank you all so much for your reports, pictures, and the lovely LT video!

So amazing.

I guess Andy really does hate L.A. MFCers. He avoided us at all costs at the last gig. :naughty::yay:

The place looked awesome! Wow. I would have loved to have heard Lady Jane live...even if he did mess up numerous times and started doing strange gestures to make up for it. :aah: (Can't wait for that video :teehee:)

Thanks again, all. :huglove:

good gone girl:

sorry it's so shaky at the beginning, i just couldn't stand still during that song. :naughty: there's a new part in the end i think, anyway i haven't heard it yet...

just uploading some of my videos... as always, i don't have whole songs... :fisch: but the videos i'm uploading now are at least big parts of the songs.

over my shoulder:

Thank you, thank you, thank you :dance_man: !

He has never -never ! been so in command of his voice when singing OMS, which is a tricky one :bow: . He is the :king: of :king:s .

I should never have watched these vids, now I can hardly wait until

Monday :fangurl: .

I think DL was very wise to refrain from watching anything before Sadler's Wells :wink2: ...

Marie-Thérèse

gotta leave now, there are 1-2 more vidoes currently uploading, just look into my youtube account for them.

and here are some pix:

IMG_5281.jpg

IMG_5285.jpg

IMG_5288.jpg

IMG_5297.jpg

IMG_5330.jpg

IMG_5335.jpg

IMG_5336.jpg

And it was really appreciated! :thumb_yello: Thanks :biggrin2: