MIKA @ Cirque d'Hiver, Paris - June 11, 2009 - Gig reports, photos & videos

Niki27

Just a few lines before heading off to the station...

I'm at Em's place atm writing this review while the others are sleeping ^^

(I'll catch some sleep on the train)

The gig was amazing! I loved every second of it! I would for sure have missed something if I hadn't decided to do at least one of his acoustic tour gigs...

Because this is just so special...I think we are being spoiled... So few people, such nice venues, such a great set - perfect! :biggrin2:

The "cirque d'hiver" venue is just great! I think that places like thqt help to create an atmosphere which helps to mqke the gig a good one.

Acidentally, Bettasan was sitting almost besides me, so that I wasn't really alone during the gig (the friend I came with was sitting at the opposite site - Annete, you said you would sign up tonight for the MFC, right :wink2:)

Mika was in great spirits, from what I saw I guess that he had a lot of fun on stage. Every time I see him perform I'm wondering how anyone can have so much energy on stage. Even when he's doing a slow song it's omnipresent...

It was amazing to hear him performing "Toy boy" live, "Lonely

alcoholic" was lovely, too and "blue ewes" even better than on the EP.

A lot of people were responding very well to the sogs - dancing, clapping, a lot of applause - at times it was just great to turn around for a sec and watch people behind have a greqt time - made me feel even better...

The supporting act (Blue Roses) were great as well...but many seats were still mpty for their performqnce qnd they perfored on a small balcony, not downstairs.[/u]

He did twice "Grace Kelly" (english & french) and twice "Love Today" too :wink2:

I like it when he's doing "GK" in French...the audience loved it, too.

And I also think it was great that he came back once more to to LT!

As for me, i'm liking the fact that his hair is not over curled... just natural and perfect :blush-anim-cl:

:thumb_yello:

The M&G afterwards was really quit (as already mentionned in this topic Mika wasn't talking to save his voice, but he signed everything and I could tell him what I wanted to :wink2:...He was smiling while doing this M&G part

I really enjoyed meeting some of you again - and some for the first time - Mana, Chqrlotte, Betasan, Louiza, SoaringSimpson....sorry if I missed somone I met for the first time.

Even rememberred to sign the MFC flag ;)

@Charlotte: Thanks for your pix!! Lovely!

Read back later (once am back in Germany)

PS: Please ignore my typos - am in a hurry and have to deal with a French keyboard...

Edited by mariposa

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the pics everyone:flowers2:

The M&G afterwards was really quit (as already mentionned in this topic Mika wasn't talking to save his voice, but he signed everything and I could tell him what I wanted to :wink2:...He was smiling

oh a man who doesn't talk but smiles and listens to you:shocked:

this is just perfect!i would kill for a man like that:mf_lustslow::naughty:

Wonderful photos, Charlotte! Although I missed my virtual gig phone

call! :naughty:

Thanks for the quick report, mariposa! :thumb_yello:

Can't wait to read everyone else's... tomorrow!

So I got at the venue between 6pm and 6.30pm, after good old Parisian traffic (Paris would not be Paris otherwise...), and a lot of time wasted trying to find a parking spot.

Got to see everyone it was great, the French squad, the MFC squad, got to meeting Soaring Simpson, Tiibet, got to see people I had not seen for so long (Babs it was great to enjoy a terrace with you while everyone was queuing :biggrin2: - Hope you enjoy the cafés today!) !

At 8pm people were still queuing, getting into the venue was very slow (which might be explained by the fact that you do not go to your place directly, you have ladies taking you to your seat and you have to tip them - reminder for the ones coming tonight :wink2:). So actually when I got to my seat it was the last song of Blue Roses.

The gig was great, although it was not the best for me. The crowd was quite into it but I've seen wilder audiences. Although the crowd would cheer really loud sometimes and make Mika feel happy. The venue in itself is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS, a real circus, and the ladies placing you wear circus jackets!

I was sitting next to the VIP area, Mika's dad was next to me we had only a little alley separating us. He moved afterwards 3 seats away to sit with Yasmine (wonderfully feminine as usual). Behind them was Christian Louboutin. Were also at the concert Chantal Thomas (a great lingerie designer), Nagui, the guy from Taratata, and Dorian.

Hardly a full report, and anyway Biche is supposed to write for us all a brilliant one in English...

Paris these days, mad weather, sunny and stiffling one minute, freezing rain the other.

My mother had asked me to deliver to Mica a painting she wanted to give him, a rather pretty circus scene that I had grown to hate with a passion because it is bulky and travelling with it was hell.

I arrived at the theatre around 14h50, all the way from Villejuif with my stupid painting wrapped up carefully, all the time looking up at the sky because I didn't want it to get wet -I didn't hate it that much.

The extra musicians were getting out of their taxis, soon grumbling about the difference between classical bands -rehearsals at 3 means 3 sharp- and pop ones -rehearsals at 3 means expect us when you see us-.

We eventually were given admittance to a side door and there was John D., together with at most 15 fans who were expecting Mica. I wanted to give the painting and accompanying letter to John but he told me to wait with the others.

Mica arrived, round half past I suppose, very relaxed and friendly, happy to talk French with his fans.

I gave him the painting and he first refused to accept it, saying it was too much, etc. He did seem to like it though, and it kind of made me feel warmer towards the bleeding thing.

Funny how Mica, who is such a generous and gracious giver, still feels uncomfortable about receiving...

So we all started to lecture him, affectionately but firmly, about the necessity to accept gifts, the basic ungenerosity of refusing others the pleasure to give... so he had no choice but accepting and I ran away, just wishing him a good rehearsal, to spare us both further embarrassment.

Then the fans chatted for at least an hour in front of the venue. It felt funny to hear people not speak English...

I went back to my elder son's home, and picked up my frigging sanbag tickets round 7.30.

No cameras allowed, folks, sorry, Sophie had hers retained at the box office desk.

I put my Sadler's Wells Venice mask on, it has grown on me and I am bound to be known from now on as the midget in the silly mask... a young guy congratulated me on it though.

I was happy to have a third row seat as nobody thought that the stupid hats on the musicians' heads blocked the view in a venue where the first row is level with the rink. Hopefully tonight somebody will think ?

I had a view over the VIP seats, first and second row to my left.

Louboutin arrived late, looking his usual sulky and pained self -come on, Christian, your shoes must be very painful to wear, but is it that painful to design them too ?

At the beginning of the show he sat there, apparently slightly bored, but in all fairness he soon began to shake it, heartily if clumsily, with everybody else.

Mica's big sister and his father were there too, obviously happy and proud, and they had every reason to.

During the gig, when Mica was particularly energetic or insane, or when his voice took us up to Heaven, his father shook his head in amazement, exactly like Mica at the Parc des Princes, you know, when he looks at the crowd ?

There is very little likeness between a fiftyish well-padded guy and a skinny 25 year old, still at that precise moment, especially as when they smile both Michaels have deep, happy dimples in their cheeks, the father looked uncannily and touchingly like his son's identical twin -sorry, I couldn't resist !

Mica gave it all, and so did the audience. We were spoilt with three encores... as far as I know, a record so far. Anyway he had to, or the venue would have collapsed and there would have been heavy casualties.

I stage invaded for the first time in my life but stayed behind, not wanting to make Mica feel harassed.

A middle aged girl came and sat on Id3's godson's free seat -he had adamantly refused to go to the gig without his godfather- and she didn't move or get up at all for the whole concert. Weird. She must have been the only one.

On the other side of the rink was a nine-ish blond little girl who danced with unbelievable energy and talent. When she has got rid of her baby fat she might become a great ballet dancer !

Bye, guys, can't wait to read proper reports.

Marie-Thérèse

So the gig was really good, Mika happy to be there as he would get really loud cheers which made him say something like "Thank you so much it's so good to be in Paris" - I can't remember the exact terms. He spoke only French. He also got humorous saying that the circus stage was good cause his musiciens could not escape lol, adding a funny little noise that made everyone burst out laughing!

So I was sitting next to the VIP area, I had a thin pole (for the lights I think)right in front of me plus the orchestra so between the pole and the hats it was not always easy to see Mika who was at the other end of the stage. I had to move my head regularly but it was OK. Tonight will be worse cause I get full view on his back and on the other part of the orchestra :naughty:.

He started with Grace Kelly, I think I was the first one getting up on my feet to dance and left no choice so everyone got up :biggrin2:!

So we had the usual setlist, and 3 encores (the audience would not let him go). On Relax, he made three times the sign to come on stage, because the first two times, Fanny started to go, me too, because we saw his gesture, but it was not obvious enough for everyone so we hesitated and stopped on our way. But the third time, he made his sign really clear (like, come on COME :roftl:), and we invaded the stage for good this time! What I found was a pity is that some people invaded the stage not to dance but to film him.

After Relax the crowd was still cheering and asking for him so he had to come back and redid Love Today! It was great but he tried to make us sing and I believe many people either did not know the lyrics (apart from the chorus, obviously :teehee:), or forgot them. So he was looking at us like: "mmh it's not great" and had to sing himself cause the crowd was helpless lol.

I particularly loved Good Gone Girls (this one HAS to be a huge hit, and released as one!), Over my shoulder (beautiful, dramatic, he really did a good job with the acoustic version), and Lady Jane (his father might have seen me singing the lyrics with Mika :naughty:). And he also did a great job with Rain, Big Girls etc! (OK, let's say all !).

So the signing: We did not wait too long, but the road pavement was a bit narrow, there were SO MANY PEOPLE waiting for him, and we saw nothing organized. Finally John came out to organize with the security. There were no barriers, everyone had to be on the pavement so the people on front could have things signed, but if you were behind, that was often not possible. Security told you you could go to the end of the queue if you wanted to have things signed though, so some people on the 2nd or 3rd row would run to the end of the queue to have their chance. They really were near Mika cause otherwise some people would have crowded him (not MFCers or MWS of course, as we are used to the signing thing we all behaved).

A French member of the MWS took one of the two posters I had bought for Blue Sky and Rose, and had it signed as I took care of the other (impossible to do two on the same time!). There was no way to speak to him, I was second row, all I could do was hold the poster on top of my head in front of his face so he wouldn't miss it :naughty:. He hardly had the time to recognize many people, he recognized some but we were so many and the queue was so long... He had to save his voice so no talking, it went by really fast.

That's it for now, if I remember something I'll add it!

Roll-on tonight !

Thank you for your reviews and pics and videos!!!! I'm quickly watchin Rain cos i have to go to work til about 9 tonite so im so happy 2 catch a few reviews b4 i go!!! It looked a beautiful venue!! I bet everyone had a great time!!!

Ah a last one!

Mika's dad was so PROUD of his son, you could see his face totally radiant, it was a pleasure to see that!

A special thanks to Sariflor who kindly managed to get the two limited edition posters I had to get for Rose and Blue Sky, I could not find the merchandising and when I was told where it was, I was already out of the venue... And the security guy would not let me back in... SO THANKS SARI !!!!!

thanx for all the pix, videos and reports so far!

i really think mika can wear a lot of clothes that others can't and still look good, but that striped thing he's wearing after the gig just hurts my eyes. :naughty:

any pix of the stage invasion? was it during lollipop?

Fabulous!

Those pics are awesome Charlie! :flowers2:

THANK YOU FOR THESE EARLY REPORTS, VIDs and PICs!:

slavaniet (and leila):original:

Elodie :thumb_yello:

Mariposa :pinkbow:

Em' :biggrin2:

marie-andrée de rougemont - did you take a picture of the painting? I'd love to see it!:cheerful_h4h:

Edited by Suzy

WOW! Thanks for all the reports and pics and vids...is this Mika getting M-Th's painting?

http://mickeyshowtimeforum.free.fr/GALERIE7/pages/IMG_2170.htm

and

http://mickeyshowtimeforum.free.fr/GALERIE7/pages/IMG_2171.htm

Definitely Mica accepting M.-A.'s painting.

The second one is when I told him that refusing presents was a very ungenerous thing to do, that's why he is looking sheepish... and has to accept it.

Antoine, you did promise to erase or hide me !

thanx for all the pix, videos and reports so far!

i really think mika can wear a lot of clothes that others can't and still look good, but that striped thing he's wearing after the gig just hurts my eyes. :naughty:

any pix of the stage invasion? was it during lollipop?

The stage invasion was during Relax.

His scarf and stripey thing suited him very well. I wish I could weary daring things like that.

Well, it does hurt your eyes a bit but still he can get away with outfits that would be lethal on anybody else.

M.-Th.

Fabulous!

Those pics are awesome Charlie! :flowers2:

THANK YOU FOR THESE EARLY REPORTS, VIDs and PICs!:

slavaniet (and leila):original:

Elodie :thumb_yello:

Mariposa :pinkbow:

Em' :biggrin2:

marie-andrée de rougemont - did you take a picture of the painting? I'd love to see it![/FONT]:cheerful_h4h:

Must have it in an email but can't seem to be able to attach files to my posts here. If you pm me your email address I should be able to send it to you and then you have my blessing to post it for everybody to see...