The MFC Scripts - do I REALLY give them to Mika?

CazGirl

Do I give Mika the MFC Scripts book?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do I give Mika the MFC Scripts book?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly can't see the problem as all the scripts were in good fun and i dont think anyone complained at the time!:wink2:

Since we can't vote "no" without being pointed at, I will just clarify one thing: I didnt vote as a mod, I voted as a user who didn't laugh reading them. I've just told Caz : I didn't find them funny because I didn't get the inside jokes. I wonder if Mika will get them tbh.

I thought polls were made to have honest feedback btw. If people don't have the right to say "no" without people asking for justifications, just make a poll with two possible answers next time: 1) Yes 2) Yes. That will make it more simple for everyone :naughty:

It's all fine guys. The real question I have to ask is if Mika would get any of it? Not everyone will find these scripts funny and am not sure if I wanna take that risk. If someone wrote this sort of stuff about you, would you want to read it? Honestly now?

Since we can't vote "no" without being pointed at, I will just clarify one thing: I didnt vote as a mod, I voted as a user who didn't laugh reading them. I've just told Caz : I didn't find them funny because I didn't get the inside jokes. I wonder if Mika will get them tbh.

I thought polls were made to have honest feedback btw. If people don't have the right to say "no" without people asking for justifications, just make a poll with two possible answers next time: 1) Yes 2) Yes. That will make it more simple for everyone :naughty:

In all honesty it was feedback and opinions I wanted, I did state this in the first post (I'm sure I did anyway?)

I have nothing against you saying "No", you are very well entitled to your opinion. It's just these are the three no's I've had and were just curious as to what the reasons were, is all.

And I know you voted as a user, just found it strange that three mods said no and no mods said yes. Made me think something was up lol :naughty:

I didn't find them funny because I didn't get the inside jokes. I wonder if Mika will get them tbh.

Oh, that's true.

It's all fine guys. The real question I have to ask is if Mika would get any of it? Not everyone will find these scripts funny and am not sure if I wanna take that risk. If someone wrote this sort of stuff about you, would you want to read it? Honestly now?

Hmm...that's true as well.

Not just three MFCers, but three MODS. No mods have said yes. A bit strange...Is something up I wonder? :blink:

No conspiracy, I assure you! I didn't realize any other mods had voted

until you just said. I don't mean to be a party-pooper -- it's just that

the scripts never appealed to my sense of humor, that's all. So since

you're asking, I thought I'd give my honest opinion. Don't mean to

offend -- I'm sure you'll do what you think is best in the end :thumb_yello:

In all honesty it was feedback and opinions I wanted, I did state this in the first post (I'm sure I did anyway?)

I have nothing against you saying "No", you are very well entitled to your opinion. It's just these are the three no's I've had and were just curious as to what the reasons were, is all.

And I know you voted as a user, just found it strange that three mods said no and no mods said yes. Made me think something was up lol :naughty:

Ohh don't worry, like deb's just said, we didn't talk to each other before voting. I had no idea the other mods had voted "no", call it a coincidence, or call it the result of us reading so many threads everyday we can't keep up with all the inside jokes in one thread in particular, hence felt the same about the scripts? But I can assure you I voted as a member, not as a mod, and I'm sure the others did that too ;)

No conspiracy, I assure you! I didn't realize any other mods had voted

until you just said. I don't mean to be a party-pooper -- it's just that

the scripts never appealed to my sense of humor, that's all. So since

you're asking, I thought I'd give my honest opinion. Don't mean to

offend -- I'm sure you'll do what you think is best in the end :thumb_yello:

S'all good Debs :thumb_yello:

But see, this is what I mean. Everyone I knew found it funny up until now. Even I don't find them particularly hilarious, was always surprised when people found them funny. This is the reason why I was doubtful in the first place.

There have only been a couple of Squirrel references on Mika's side (and that was from Ella, the dog!) but that doesn't mean to say the Squirrel reference was from the MFC, or if Mika knows it's true meaning. Even Freddie didn't until I explained it to him at Sadler's Wells.

I'm just trying to keep a realistic head.

I didn't see you asking any of the people who voted 'yes' why they did so on their profile....

I thought this was an anonymous poll. I voted as a user and not with my "mod hat" on. I didn't reply in this thread on purpose because I didn't want my vote to have any added weight to it, just because I happen to be a mod aswell as a... well.. person.

:shocked:Sorry, didn't mean to be 'pointing', just didn't get why some people would say no as i personally found them funny. But on reading your point i do see what you mean about the 'in' jokes. I didn't ask for anyone to justify their answer but thankyou for doing so:thumb_yello:

I didn't see you asking any of the people who voted 'yes' why they did so on their profile....

I thought this was an anonymous poll. I voted as a user and not with my "mod hat" on. I didn't reply in this thread on purpose because I didn't want my vote to have any added weight to it, just because I happen to be a mod aswell as a... well.. person.

Sorry if you feel pinpointed, I don't mean to make anyone feel that way...it's just I knda knew the reasons why people voted for yes (they found it funny, thought Mika would like it too, good idea etcetc...) and because I had never got no's before, I was just curious as to what the reasons were. There were no bad intentions behind it, I swear to God. I'm sorry if you feel there were.

I did read your scripts and they made me laugh, but that's because they were just stories. I didn't really associate them with Mika as I see him. Didn't have any problem with that.

On the other hand, I think I'm quite capable of laughing about myself, but I'm not sure if I would want to read this about me. I mean, the story evolved with the feedback in the thread. Without reading the thread it may be hard to "get it".

I did read your scripts and they made me laugh, but that's because they were just stories. I didn't really associate them with Mika as I see him. Didn't have any problem with that.

On the other hand, I think I'm quite capable of laughing about myself, but I'm not sure if I would want to read this about me. I mean, the story evolved with the feedback in the thread. Without reading the thread it may be hard to "get it".

Exactly...thanks for your opinion.

Surely if the poll is to be anonymous, you shouldn't have a facility, that enables you to be able to see the names of the voters?

Just an observation.

Surely if the poll is to be anonymous, you shouldn't have a facility, that enables you to be able to see the names of the voters?

Just an observation.

When you make a poll you can choose as to whether it can be anonymous or not. It's a choice the person who makes the thread makes.

I know :naughty: I just don't know if Mika will, is all.

I think i'm going to read back through some of the scripts and try and view them as someone from the 'outside' just to see how it comes accross:thumb_yello:

I think i'm going to read back through some of the scripts and try and view them as someone from the 'outside' just to see how it comes accross:thumb_yello:

I'm thinking I should do the same.