The MFC Scripts - do I REALLY give them to Mika?

CazGirl

Do I give Mika the MFC Scripts book?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do I give Mika the MFC Scripts book?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely if the poll is to be anonymous, you shouldn't have a facility, that enables you to be able to see the names of the voters?

Just an observation.

I also assumed the poll was anonymous because, usually, people who ask for an opinion make it so. I didn't check before voting. Wouldn't have changed anything tho, since I don't vote according to what people might think of me. But yeah, when I found out it wasnt anonymous, I couldn't help but wondering if that wouldn't biase the results a bit...

I think i'm going to read back through some of the scripts and try and view them as someone from the 'outside' just to see how it comes accross:thumb_yello:

As someone on the inside of a couple of the scripts, and probably the one with the most to complain about, it anybody does, I don't have a problem with them, because they are just fiction.

Okay, I have a very broad sense of humour, so maybe I can take it, especially as I've had a life time of being the butt of many peoples jokes, I've developed a bit of a thick skin. I found them funny despite what happens to my character in them.

I know Mika has a sense of humour, although I don't have a clue whether he John or Jerry will find these scripts funny, but they aren't meant in malice, just a bit of fun.

Maybe you should just present one as a taster, and see what he thinks, one way or the other.

I also assumed the poll was anonymous because, usually, people who ask for an opinion make it so. I didn't check before voting. Wouldn't have changed anything tho, since I don't vote according to what people might think of me. But yeah, when I found out it wasnt anonymous, I couldn't help but wondering if that wouldn't biase the results a bit...

By having fans of the script say yes and those who don't know much about it say no? I guess so. But look at Kaatje066, she liked the scripts but also said no. This was the feedback I thought I'd get - fans of the script giving an opinion on both sides. Since you guys never posted in the MFC Scripts thread, I never expected you to vote. (Obviously you're more than welcome to, though!) Even in the original thread I didn't think it was a particularly good idea to give it to him. I may have come up with ideas as to what do with the book IF I did end up ever making it, but that didn't mean to say that I had the confidence to actually go ahead and do it.

I guess a "no" was kinda...in a strange way, what I was looking for. To prove that it wasn't entirely a good idea.

I mean, it would be nice if Mika WOULD like it...but who knows? Really?

As someone on the inside of a couple of the scripts, and probably the one with the most to complain about, it anybody does, I don't have a problem with them, because they are just fiction.

Okay, I have a very broad sense of humour, so maybe I can take it, especially as I've had a life time of being the butt of many peoples jokes, I've developed a bit of a thick skin. I found them funny despite what happens to my character in them.

I know Mika has a sense of humour, although I don't have a clue whether he John or Jerry will find these scripts funny, but they aren't meant in malice, just a bit of fun.

Maybe you should just present one as a taster, and see what he thinks, one way or the other.

That's exactly it. John always appeared to me as the stressy "everything must be serious!" type :roftl: (doesn't mean to say he is, tis just the impression I got lol) I know Mika has a silliness in him, I just took these (assumed) character traits and just greatly exaggerated them. I know the scripts won't appeal to everyone's tastes.

As for the whole "taster" thing...maybe...

:roftl:Although i dont know you personally, i always liked the way you took the 'joke' and really thought a lot of you for doing so.(and others who were also involved) Was a bit surprised that sometimes you didnt find Caz and 'penguin bash' her. :roftl:

:roftl:Although i dont know you personally, i always liked the way you took the 'joke' and really thought a lot of you for doing so.(and others who were also involved) Was a bit surprised that sometimes you didnt find Caz and 'penguin bash' her. :roftl:

Nah, couldn't do that, she a cute little doll!:naughty:

By having fans of the script say yes and those who don't know much about it say no? I guess so. But look at Kaatje066, she liked the scripts but also said no. This was the feedback I thought I'd get - fans of the script giving an opinion on both sides. Since you guys never posted in the MFC Scripts thread, I never expected you to vote. (Obviously you're more than welcome to, though!) Even in the original thread I didn't think it was a particularly good idea to give it to him. I may have come up with ideas as to what do with the book IF I did end up ever making it, but that didn't mean to say that I had the confidence to actually go ahead and do it.

I guess a "no" was kinda...in a strange way, what I was looking for. To prove that it wasn't entirely a good idea.

I mean, it would be nice if Mika WOULD like it...but who knows? Really?

Fans of the script you say... Aren't fans people who appreciate something? Doesnt it per se mean fans will like it and therefore answer YES?

Maybe I never posted in that thread because I didn't think the fics were funny BUT clearly understood some did, and didn't see the point of spoiling their fun?

It's a free world caz, give them to Mika if you want to, but I clearly don't see the point of this poll if 1) you only expected people who had participated to the fics themselves to vote 2) you don't make it anonymous and start posting messages on people's walls when they say "no". I'm gonna be honest, I felt attacked, and I'm pretty upset. I can't help wondering if you wanted people to be honest or just wanted to hear what you wanted to hear... I know you will say I'm wrong about this last thing, but that's how I feel about it.

You mean, me having a normal conversation with other MFCers in London, then have a random giant penguin attack whilst I'm guard, then leave me there on the floor completely battered?

Lol, it should be filmed. :mf_rosetinted:

Kinda reminds me of the "You've been Tango'd!" advert where the orange man happy slaps people. But that got banned :naughty:

Fans of the script you say... Aren't fans people who appreciate something? Doesnt it per se mean fans will like it and therefore answer YES?

Maybe I never posted in that thread because I didn't think the fics were funny BUT clearly understood some did, and didn't see the point of spoiling their fun?

It's a free world caz, give them to Mika if you want to, but I clearly don't see the point of this poll if 1) you only expected people who had participated to the fics themselves to vote 2) you don't make it anonymous and start posting messages on people's walls when they say "no". I'm gonna be honest, I felt attacked, and I'm pretty upset. I can't help wondering if you wanted people to be honest or just wanted to hear what you wanted to hear... I know you will say I'm wrong about this last thing, but that's how I feel about it.

In which case I can't apologise enough. That definitely was not my intention. Please forgive me, hurting you or attacking you is the last thing I'd want to do, or to anyone. I quite clearly didn't think this through.

As for the first bolded part, I'd like to go back to the example of Kaatje006, who does like the scripts but also put down a no. A balanced view was what I was looking for, I obviously didn't explain very well at all. Once again I apologise.

I'm gonna be honest, I felt attacked, and I'm pretty upset. I can't help wondering if you wanted people to be honest or just wanted to hear what you wanted to hear... I know you will say I'm wrong about this last thing, but that's how I feel about it.

I felt the same way.

Also, never assume how people will react to something.

Especially when it comes to humour, it's a slippery slope.

Like Sophie said, a poll with only fans of the script will hardly give an objective result.

You mean, me having a normal conversation with other MFCers in London, then have a random giant penguin attack whilst I'm guard, then leave me there on the floor completely battered?

Lol, it should be filmed. :mf_rosetinted:

Kinda reminds me of the "You've been Tango'd!" advert where the orange man happy slaps people. But that got banned :naughty:

:roftl:That ad got me into so much trouble with my parents when i decided to 'tango' my sister.:naughty:

I felt the same way.

Also, never assume how people will react to something.

Especially when it comes to humour, it's a slippery slope.

Like Sophie said, a poll with only fans of the script will hardly give an objective result.

I quote myself...

In which case I can't apologise enough. That definitely was not my intention. Please forgive me, hurting you or attacking you is the last thing I'd want to do, or to anyone. I quite clearly didn't think this through.

As for the first bolded part, I'd like to go back to the example of Kaatje006, who does like the scripts but also put down a no. A balanced view was what I was looking for, I obviously didn't explain very well at all. Once again I apologise.

I really am sorry.

". I'm gonna be honest, I felt attacked, and I'm pretty upset. I can't help wondering if you wanted people to be honest or just wanted to hear what you wanted to hear... I know you will say I'm wrong about this last thing, but that's how I feel about it.

Again i also apologise, i think for me anyway ,that it was more out of curiosity and not, 'why no' or' how dare you':wink2: vote that way. So hopefully you know i was not in any way questioning your opinion but just being me (nosey):thumb_yello:

Again i also apologise, i think for me anyway ,that it was more out of curiosity and not, 'why no' or' how dare you':wink2: vote that way. So hopefully you know i was not in any way questioning your opinion but just being me (nosey):thumb_yello:

I also asked out of curiosity, no other reason. I really didn't mean for anyone to feel attacked and I feel awful that I've made people feel this way. I really didn't mean to.

I also asked out of curiosity, no other reason. I really didn't mean for anyone to feel attacked and I feel awful that I've made people feel this way. I really didn't mean to.

Caz ignore my last post i was trying to quote Niki 27 to apologise but sort of got it a bit mixed up Doh!:aah:

Caz ignore my last post i was trying to quote Niki 27 to apologise but sort of got it a bit mixed up Doh!:aah:

Lol it's fine. I agreed with what you wrote anyway, regardless of who you were quoting :thumb_yello:

But see, this is what I mean. Everyone I knew found it funny up until now.

Well, did you ever hear "If you can't say something nice, don't say

anything at all"? That's how I felt about the scripts, honestly --

didn't really care for them, but saw others did, so left them go. No

reason for me to share a negative opinion and spoil others' fun, right?

So really -- I don't feel attacked, and don't want to make a mountain

out of a molehill. You do what you want! I won't be looking at you

with a jaundiced eye or anything, don't worry! It's all good! :thumb_yello:

Well, did you ever hear "If you can't say something nice, don't say

anything at all"? That's how I felt about the scripts, honestly --

didn't really care for them, but saw others did, so left them go. No

reason for me to share a negative opinion and spoil others' fun, right?

So really -- I don't feel attacked, and don't want to make a mountain

out of a molehill. You do what you want! I won't be looking at you

with a jaundiced eye or anything, don't worry! It's all good! :thumb_yello:

That's cool Debs, no harm done on my part either:thumb_yello:

First of all it is necessary to ask youself. If there is a doubt - to do or to not do something, means there is a chance, that the action probably to offend.

I do not speak about the given situation. Because to me here nothing is clear. I understand words, but I do not see a ridiculous by virtue of absence of mastery of a language.

First of all it is necessary to ask youself. If there is a doubt - to do or to not do something, means there is a chance, that the action probably to offend.

I do not speak about the given situation. Because to me here nothing is clear. I understand words, but I do not see a ridiculous by virtue of absence of mastery of a language.

Cool cool, thanks for voting :)

Since you ask for a honest opinion i'll give you one.

my 3-second instant reaction was 'YESS!! MIKA WILL LOVE THEM!'

then i stood on my own toes and honestly thought about it. I personally LOVED the scripts. I think they're very funny, and i personally loved them.

But we need to look at this from Mika's perspective. I'll go out on a limb here and say that i believe Mika is a member of MFC.. i think he logs on occasionally depending on his moods and situations and doesn't post.

If i'm right he would have a vague idea of the MFC community. He wouldn't be in the know (who would want to be, when it comes to their own fan club?)

From that perspective, I think these scripts would hurt and offend Mika. If I was Mika in that position, I would be hurt and not understand the purpose of these.

I know Mika 'has a thick skin and all' but if you read these from mika's perspective they would seem like nothing more than a cruel and delibrate attack. You've got to admit that they exaggerate all of mika's disablities and while to fans they're funny, cute and harmless, i can see how these would truly hurt mikas feelings.

I think the scripts are fantastic and i loved them (sometimes i go back and read parts again just for a laugh.) but they're not for mika and i personally don't think you should give them to him.

Just my opinion. :cheerful_h4h:

I didn't vote in the poll because I don't feel strongly enough to use the language used in the two options and I'm not sure that I want to say a definite yes or no.

My first thought on reading the beginning of this thread was that if you feel you have to apologize for something before the person has even seen it, it probably isn't something you want to hand to the person.

Another thought I have is that the MFC people you put in the story are people you know and who know you through the fan club. (Correct me if that basic assumption is wrong.) So, when you put them in the story, you probably had some clue how they would respond to what you wrote about them. However, Mika may or may not know anything about you and your sense of humor. You don't know how he would react to how you wrote about him.

It's the difference between writing a story about a friend who will laugh with you about it and writing a story about a stranger without knowing how that person would feel about what you wrote.

Ultimately, you have to decide for yourself if you feel that he will enjoy the script as much as other people in the fan club have.

So, my vote is that if you feel comfortable sharing your creation with him, then go for it. If you feel you have to apologize for it before he's even seen it, then maybe it would be better to consider offering a gift that doesn't require an apology.

I sympathize with you entirely because I spent a year working on a story for Mika. It was a great idea for a story (Mika in Cartoon Motion), but I decided not to give it to him because I don't know him well enough to know if it would amuse or just annoy him with all of assumptions I made.

In my mind, the key to a thoughtful gift is that it reflects what you know about a person and how you care about the person. I felt that a story about him would reflect more of what I don't know about him than what I do.

When in doubt, always go with your gut.

Edited by riverstwilight