The MFC Scripts - do I REALLY give them to Mika?

CazGirl

Do I give Mika the MFC Scripts book?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do I give Mika the MFC Scripts book?

I've actually read the thread now and saw that there was some mention of bias in the poll results. It reminded me of a point that hasn't been mentioned. Since some fans have appearances in the script, they might (possibly even subconciously) jump to voting yes because Mika would see their names and so be more likely to be aware of their existence.

I'm sure I'm not the only one on the fan club who would be thrilled if he knew I was alive.

(Offered as an interesting point of thought, NOT as an argument for or against sharing the script nor an argument for or against taking the vote into account when you decide what you want to do with the script.)

Edited by riverstwilight
spelling

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved your scripts Caz ... but again I've voted no ... I think If you're already having doubts and are planning to do a page of apologies before he even reads it's probably not a good idea ... also If It was me I'd hate to think or find out he did hate it and it ended up in a bin somewhere .... I'd rather not know either way .... He is getting the birthday book isn't he where you're gonna be describing the thead ... maybe you should put a note in the end of it that if he would like to read them to let you know ... least then it's up to him :thumb_yello:

I don't know if the fics would actually hurt Mika's feelings, but I honestly think he wouldn't read it all. I think he might start to read a few but I don't think he'll enjoy it so much that he would want to read all of them. So in that perspective, why would you want to give it to him? Is it because you want him to have something you created? If that's the case, I can truly understand that:thumb_yello: but there may be other options imo.

But then again, maybe I'm wrong, we don't know what he would like/dislike. Maybe you should ask yourself what it is that you want to achieve by giving it to him? That part isn't really clear to me. I always assumed these ficks were purely for the entertainment of mfc'ers who read them/contributed to them. So my first reaction to this thread was: no.

If you really want to give it to him and you're sure about it though, I would def do it :wink2: I liked the idea and it's great to see you've got such an imaginative mind and good writing skills :thumb_yello: In the end of the day it's up to you.

I haven’t voted at all because I find it very hard to give a no or a yes!:blink:

I have given it a lot of thinking though and of course read the thread.

When it comes to serious discussions you already know that I always feel limited because of the language but I’ll give it a try!

The scripts came in a time of Mika quiet, many of us were hungry for news about him and nothing was happening that we knew about in Mika land.

And then your scripts came, they were funny and creative, we could even give our own input and we could recognise different member's names, all good. It gave us something to do, to long for, laugh at and discuss.

I honestly loved them, and you are a very good writer imo.:wub2:

But….of course it had to be a but…

To explain why I don’t think it’s self-evident to give them to Mika to read, please let me tell you a little thing that happened in Berlin.

Sariflor had given the flag to John for Mika to sign and when she later in the evening asked John if she could have it back he was surprised and told her that he had assumed it was a present and put it in a box where all the other presents were.

He had to look for it to give it back, it took a while but she got it in the end!:naughty:

When we talked about the event over the breakfast table the morning after, we had a good laugh, to us it seemed so easy, the flag is travelling around, we sign it but we don’t keep it!

We had a kind of self-revelation about how we live in our little MFC world were some things seems so clear and obvious, but that is not always so easy for people outside this circle to understand what is going on.

As much as I love this (MFC) world we have to keep in mind that it is in many ways our own creation with all its inside jokes.

I hope you get my point:blush-anim-cl: please feel free to ask.

I haven’t voted at all because I find it very hard to give a no or a yes!:blink:

I have given it a lot of thinking though and of course read the thread.

When it comes to serious discussions you already know that I always feel limited because of the language but I’ll give it a try!

The scripts came in a time of Mika quiet, many of us were hungry for news about him and nothing was happening that we knew about in Mika land.

And then your scripts came, they were funny and creative, we could even give our own input and we could recognise different member's names, all good. It gave us something to do, to long for, laugh at and discuss.

I honestly loved them, and you are a very good writer imo.:wub2:

To explain why I don’t think it’s self-evident to give them to Mika to read, please let me tell you a little thing that happened in Berlin.

Sariflor had given the flag to John for Mika to sign and when she later in the evening asked John if she could have it back he was surprised and told her that he had assumed it was a present and put it in a box where all the other presents were.

He had to look for it to give it back, it took a while but she got it in the end!:naughty:

When we talked about the event over the breakfast table the morning after, we had a good laugh, to us it seemed so easy, the flag is travelling around, we sign it but we don’t keep it!

We had a kind of self-revelation about how we live in our little MFC world were some things seems so clear and obvious, but that is not always so easy for people outside this circle to understand what is going on.

As much as I love this (MFC) world we have to keep in mind that it is in many ways our own creation with all its inside jokes.

I hope you get my point:blush-anim-cl: please feel free to ask.

Sienna I completely understand and you explained yourself fluently :huglove: Thanks for your input!

Caz, I had the same issue almost 1,5 years ago. I wrote the secret diary http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8602&highlight=Mika%27s+secret+diary and well I also thought about giving it to Mika. But in the end I didn't. Because people made me think that, though for the fans it was really funny, it might've been very insultive towards Mika. And yes he can handle a joke I'm sure. But some things go too far, so yeah:roftl:

Caz, I had the same issue almost 1,5 years ago. I wrote the secret diary http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8602&highlight=Mika%27s+secret+diary and well I also thought about giving it to Mika. But in the end I didn't. Because people made me think that, though for the fans it was really funny, it might've been very insultive towards Mika. And yes he can handle a joke I'm sure. But some things go too far, so yeah:roftl:

Oh I remember that!! Lol :roftl: Yeah I don't think I will pass it on. Pfft, if he wants to read it, he can come on here :roftl:

This question brought up about a million thoughts at once inside my head. Not sure if I can get them into some kind of order or context. :insane:

First of all, Mika is in the entertainment business. Do we all agree? He's probably not half as delicate as we would assume at times. He's got a wicked sense of humour and you have a great way of drawing pictures out of words. I laughed so hard I cried about your scripts, really. :lmfao: They're like comic books without even needing any pictures. Basically I want to say I loved them.

Just don't overestimate that whole idea of giving them to Mika. That sounds just wrong, but I will try to explain. It's just that noone, really none of us can look inside his head. We only know what he wants us to think about him.

What I consider funny can be lightyears away from what he laughs about. In his blog (aww the good old times) I found things I loved as well as stuff that leaves me cold. Example? Recently he got totally excited about some weird video on twitter. Zero reaction in my system. His idea of acoustic doesn't even touch mine. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it.

About giving him things, I guess that is a rather complex topic. Why do we do that? Sure, crystal clear, we want to thank him for just being in our lives.

And maybe a tiny little part in the very back of our head is craving for him to know who we are.

That's why I say don't overestimate the act of giving him your script. Just don't expect a reaction. However much of your heart and passion you have put into it, be aware that he might just take it, nod, thank you and blog about a bunch of balloons or a vintage plastic dude cartoon someone has sent to his house the day after. But be sure as well, that he certainly has received worse than your stories. He gets a lot of things after all.

Mika's sphere does touch ours. Still noone can be sure to which extent.

I think sienna explained it very well with the flag story. And I have to admit that Berlin gave me food for thought in more than one ways. One aspect of it is that I got the impression that my MFC identity had a familiar ring to Mika. Still today I'm puzzling about which action of mine exactly that is linked to. There are so many possibilities that are just so wrong. And this exactly is the point where I have to remember not to take myself so seriously. There's nothing I can really mess up, I'm not applying for a job in his band after all.

Anyway, just do what you feel like doing with the script, you know WE love it. In the end it will be Mika to decide if he reads it and if he likes it. But only if you give it to him. :wink2:

This question brought up about a million thoughts at once inside my head. Not sure if I can get them into some kind of order or context. :insane:

First of all, Mika is in the entertainment business. Do we all agree? He's probably not half as delicate as we would assume at times. He's got a wicked sense of humour and you have a great way of drawing pictures out of words. I laughed so hard I cried about your scripts, really. :lmfao: They're like comic books without even needing any pictures. Basically I want to say I loved them.

Just don't overestimate that whole idea of giving them to Mika. That sounds just wrong, but I will try to explain. It's just that noone, really none of us can look inside his head. We only know what he wants us to think about him.

What I consider funny can be lightyears away from what he laughs about. In his blog (aww the good old times) I found things I loved as well as stuff that leaves me cold. Example? Recently he got totally excited about some weird video on twitter. Zero reaction in my system. His idea of acoustic doesn't even touch mine. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it.

About giving him things, I guess that is a rather complex topic. Why do we do that? Sure, crystal clear, we want to thank him for just being in our lives.

And maybe a tiny little part in the very back of our head is craving for him to know who we are.

That's why I say don't overestimate the act of giving him your script. Just don't expect a reaction. However much of your heart and passion you have put into it, be aware that he might just take it, nod, thank you and blog about a bunch of balloons or a vintage plastic dude cartoon someone has sent to his house the day after. But be sure as well, that he certainly has received worse than your stories. He gets a lot of things after all.

I think sienna explained it very well with the flag story. And I have to admit that Berlin gave me food for thought in more than one ways. One aspect of it is that I got the impression that my MFC identity had a familiar ring to Mika. Still today I'm puzzling about which action of mine exactly that is linked to. There are so many possibilities that are just so wrong. And this exactly is the point where I have to remember not to take myself so seriously. There's nothing I can really mess up, I'm not applying for a job in his band after all.

Anyway, just do what you feel like doing with the script, you know WE love it. In the end it will be Mika to decide if he reads it and if he likes it. But only if you give it to him. :wink2:

Thank you so much for your post Vi, it was really well written.

If I ever do give Mika anything, it will probably a book of little manga strips, each cartoon containing a different story. Maybe I'll take a few lil snippets from the scripts, but not the whole thing. Maybe just a few things that seem appropriate, or things he'll get.

But like I say I don't know.

But thanks again for your input! And thanks for your beautiful compliments :blush-anim-cl:

Just to clarify on the flag story: I actually asked (or thought that I had :roftl: clearly asked) to check if he could somehow get the flag on stage during the gig. So, it wasn't to sign, it was just to display on stage. But John and Mika and everyone thought that it was a present, so they kept it, and I had a lot of work in order to get the flag back later so that I could ask Mika to sign it after the gig and give it to Allegra to take to Amsterdam.

In any case, it was hilarious, and yes, it was a total misunderstanding.

Caz, I had the same issue almost 1,5 years ago. I wrote the secret diary http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8602&highlight=Mika%27s+secret+diary and well I also thought about giving it to Mika. But in the end I didn't. Because people made me think that, though for the fans it was really funny, it might've been very insultive towards Mika. And yes he can handle a joke I'm sure. But some things go too far, so yeah

Oh god, I had totally forgotten about the diary :crybaby: That made me LOL so much!!! So hilarious.

This question brought up about a million thoughts at once inside my head. Not sure if I can get them into some kind of order or context.

Anyway, just do what you feel like doing with the script, you know WE love it. In the end it will be Mika to decide if he reads it and if he likes it. But only if you give it to him.

You 'got the impression'? :roftl:. I was standing next to you. Don't downplay it. When you asked him to sign 'to violet_sky', he giggled and said: "aaaah, the famous violet_skyyyy!"

This can actually be seen/heard on the vid that your bf kindly took on my camera after the Berlin gig around 01:05:

It was so :wub2:, and it's not even the first time. When I gave him something that you had sent me for him in Doncaster in Nov 07, he looked at your name, looked straight at me, and said: "I know her!".

So, whatever it was that caught his attention, happened early on, and he has not forgotten :naughty:.

Caz, about the scripts...I think that I share what Sienna, Ingie and Violet said. I found them hilarious, you're absolutely incredible, but we don't know if he would get them, being the subject of them, and also him not understanding our feelings at the time....

Caz, about the scripts...I think that I share what Sienna, Ingie and Violet said. I found them hilarious, you're absolutely incredible, but we don't know if he would get them, being the subject of them, and also him not understanding our feelings at the time....

Exactomundo lol :naughty: Thanks for your input. :original: