• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kay, I sent an email and got one back.

It said:

"Dan

Can you help Caroline?"

And it had my e-mail address and this Dan's email address in the "recipient" bar...:roftl::roftl:

I don't think he meant to send that to me, but it totally put a smile on my face :roftl:

Don't trust numbers, even if they're magic ones. :mf_rosetinted:

I hope this doesn't become too greedy, obsessive or competitive.

I really hate competitiony things :naughty: It only brings out the worst in people imo.

I'm enjoying validating my cds/dvds though. :groovy:

Last night, I left myself endless amounts of comments on mikasounds.com in a desperate attempt to win points. Today, I received this in my email:

Hello

I am afraid that you are no longer allowed to take part in magic numbers as you tried to post over 1300 messages to our server last night.

Sorry about that.

I thought I should let everyone else know as a warning, in case any of you were thinking of committing the same, apparently harmless, act.

:tears:

Last night, I left myself endless amounts of comments on mikasounds.com in a desperate attempt to win points. Today, I received this in my email:

Hello

I am afraid that you are no longer allowed to take part in magic numbers as you tried to post over 1300 messages to our server last night.

Sorry about that.

I thought I should let everyone else know as a warning, in case any of you were thinking of committing the same, apparently harmless, act.

Thanks for the warning! That's sad that you're not in it anymore, but what could you have possibly have had to say in that many posts?

Thanks for the warning! That's sad that you're not in it anymore, but what could you have possibly have had to say in that many posts?

I kept leaving myself the same comment over and over again .

Even though the rules say nothing against it, Push Ltd. has the privilege to discontinue anyone's participation .

um... not to be rude, but i can understand why they took you off the system. if you take time, over the course of even a week, i'm sure you could leave a lot of valid comments. but when you leave that many comments on your own page, it comes off as trying to use the system.

i'm going to enjoy this point system for the small perks - free music, etc. but the big prizes? well, while meeting him after the nyc concert may not have been a champagne m&g, it was still amazing. as was the acoustic show. so... i don't know. i sort of just want to say to you all: Chillllll out!

um... not to be rude, but i can understand why they took you off the system. if you take time, over the course of even a week, i'm sure you could leave a lot of valid comments. but when you leave that many comments on your own page, it comes off as trying to use the system.

i'm going to enjoy this point system for the small perks - free music, etc. but the big prizes? well, while meeting him after the nyc concert may not have been a champagne m&g, it was still amazing. as was the acoustic show. so... i don't know. i sort of just want to say to you all: Chillllll out!

Amen

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Always nice to hear wise words on this thread again.

Based on what I have heard about this point system so far I will do the same but at the moment I can't even be bothered to sign up for it...

The free perks won't go away why is everyone in a hurry?:blink:

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Always nice to hear wise words on this thread again.

Based on what I have heard about this point system so far I will do the same but at the moment I can't even be bothered to sign up for it...

The free perks won't go away why is everyone in a hurry?:blink:

Exactly! Maybe the big prizes will go first - that one-of-a-kind thing. But I have a feeling the smaller stuff will be available for a while. I think it's kind of Mika to offer up the free stuff. I know a lot of people are frustrated, but man, I remember when I was a tween, when the boy bands were big, Backstreet Boys and N Sync. There were no freebies. If you wanted to get anything, you joined a fan club, paying big bucks. And then, there really weren't a ton of freebies. So enjoy the small things, folks!

Right, please relax. The Magic Numbers thing is a nice feature to make the site more interesting and increase traffic. That's how I see it. Those 500000 points everyone seems to be reaching for are so far away, I can't even believe it will help their merchandising department. :roftl:

I'm so mad..I have a shirt and an ep....that mika signed himself but I never received codes for them :(

:roftl: Sorry, but this just shows how paradox the whole system is:

EP got signed by Mika in its owner's presence (sort of meeting Mika, right?) but there went no code with it that can bring EP owner what? ... 500 points nearer to the 325.000 points (:teehee:) M&G with him.

?

:roftl:

But don't get me wrong, of couse you should have your codes with your purchase like everyone else.

I kept leaving myself the same comment over and over again .

Even though the rules say nothing against it, Push Ltd. has the privilege to discontinue anyone's participation .

Greyceli, they disabled your account because they considered that

spamming. 1300 posts in just a few hours? If you did that here we'd

ban you too!

I'm really sorry about this, and I'll try to talk to someone over there

on your behalf.

Right, please relax. The Magic Numbers thing is a nice feature to make the site more interesting and increase traffic. That's how I see it. Those 500000 points everyone seems to be reaching for are so far away, I can't even believe it will help their merchandising department. :roftl:

I had a long talk with someone at PUSH earlier today -- I'm going to

start a new thread about it to hopefully clear up some things.

Bear with me a few minutes :thumb_yello:

I need a little help here!:blink:

I just upload all my stuff but I still have some doubts::confused:

- When I have the 10000 points I win the 4 digital tracks from the EP and the Art Work, but where is the Art Work? I don’t see it in the rewards area!!!

- Since we are able to validate our EP putting it on a computer, do we still need those mysterious codes?

- And what about the buttons I bought in London? I didn’t receive any codes! Did anyone receive them?

- And finally, am I allowed to upload photos that are not related with Mika?

Thanks!:thumb_yello:

I have a question!! Say I download one of the screensavers, will my 3500 points be used up and I go back to 0, or do the points keep building up no matter what you download and ect.??:blink:

I guess you never lose your points!:thumb_yello:

Q: I have two copies of Life in Cartoon Motion. Can I validate them both?

A: No, it seems we only get credited with points once per CD/DVD, no matter how many copies you have.

do you know if we can validate different copies of Life in Cartoon Motion?

i mean differents editions, for example the edition with Ring Ring and the edition without Ring Ring?

i can't try now

when i'll try i'll inform you

------------------

at the merchandise box office we bought some items, posters, EP etc etc and they gave us little cards with magic numbers.

in these cards is writtten: With this purchase you have earned 2.000 points.

where we must put into these numbers?

firstly i thought in the merchandise validation section, but after i saw that this section is for 3.000 points and not 2.000...

and, in fact, i tried to put one of these code in the merchandise section and they refuse it

maybe they are t-shirt codes (2.000 points)? and they gave us for mistaken with posters and EP?

at the merchandise box office we bought some items, posters, EP etc etc and they gave us little cards with magic numbers.

Why I didn't get the numbers when I bought the buttons?:shocked:

Greyceli, they disabled your account because they considered that

spamming. 1300 posts in just a few hours? If you did that here we'd

ban you too!

I'm really sorry about this, and I'll try to talk to someone over there

on your behalf.

I know Deb, i'm taking full responsibility over it I just wanted to let everyone here know in case they were considering doing the same thing. Because it seems pretty legit i thought others had it in mind as well.

Thank you so much :tears:

Hello

Sorry about that.

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: i might have joked about it but .... it never ever crossed my mind to do it for real :teehee:

So I got a reply back...

"Hi Caroline,

When you say that you enter your login details, and are then transferred to the community page, are you certain that you don't see the 'Logged in as CazGirl' in the right-hand column?

If not, then typically it helps if you remove your browser's cookies, empty the cache, and try again.

Many thanks,

Dan."

Question is, how do I remove cookies from firefox? xD