First single -We Are Golden!!

Mary

Ok, it is not the feeling of the most of you here, but I cannot resist to reflect my emotions about the first notes of WAG.

I need time to like this song or to habituate me to it, I don't know. But only by hearing the refrain it sounds a lot to “mainstream” for me, arggh!! I cannot find the "special" on it, the amazing feeling as much as I tried - and this is hardly mikaish.

And the lyrics “who gives a damn about the family you come from”??? ehm, these cannot be words of mika, who is always surrounded by one of his family ;), but ok – this is only a song, I know, I know :)

And he has told it many times that the new album will sound in a different way, more matured, the feeling of a teenager will come through and take place of the former "childish" singing. And it's only the refrain - and as no-one can understand a whole interview only by hearing one sentence, so I cannot "understand" or love a song only by hearing such a small glimpse of the whole song - so I'm waiting and hoping for the whole song :) .

But one thing I can really well imagine - it will sound extremly energetic, strong, ”mighty” and will give creeps if a big audience will sing this refrain with the top of its lung!!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the lyrics “who gives a damn about the family you come from”??? ehm, these cannot be words of mika, who is always surrounded by one of his family ;), but ok – this is only a song, I know, I know :)

It's not about not giving a damn about your own family, it's about not caring what other people think of your family.

That's what it reminds me of :roftl:

Thank you :naughty:

-------

I hope the song is better in its entirety 'cause that clip was a bit sh*t :teehee:

Oh, you're always so subtle.:naughty:

Aaah just like old times!

Kid, there were whining fans on here before you were born. :wink2:

:lmfao:

I just let my sister, (a non mika fan) listen and she thought it was like high school musical :shocked:

:tears:

:roftl:

That's what the review said.

I'm hoping it sounds familiar cos I've played the vlog so many times and it's reminding me of itself.

Edited by Soaring Simpson

HMMM I definatetly need to hear more before I make up my mind. But It already reminds me of a thousand things...none of which I can probably remember:roftl: I feel confident that it will burst into a great song though.

Yeah it sounds like a million songs I've heard before, mostly in the 80s. And I hate kids on records. Not fresh at all. All the "can't wait" excitement has kinda gone

Detto... But what other type of song would everyone be so enthusiastic about..:emot-sad:....though I still live in hope ....

However I want to add that if either Desmond Child or Richard Supa is really credited on this one, I demand 20,000 points added to my MS account as I said it first:biggrin2:

Oh, you're always so subtle.:naughty:

Well I'm not going to sugar-coat it :naughty:

I'm honest. I hated it :teehee:

It just sounds very awkward and syncopated. :emot-sad:

I'm just praying I'll like the whole song in its entirety. :huh:

Detto... But what other type of song would everyone be so enthusiastic about..:emot-sad:....though I still live in hope ....

However I want to add that if either Desmond Child or Richard Supa is really credited on this one, I demand 20,000 points added to my MS account as I said it first:biggrin2:

Who are they, are they the people who co-wrote Erase??

Thank you!! I noticed how he says 'golden" it doesn't sound like his normal accent...maybe that's why I don't like the beginning:huh:

I think the accent sounds...put on or something...hopefully this is just for the intro...:naughty:

Your sister is right.:naughty:

I really really wish she wasn't. :blink:

Me too. :huh:

It could be a masterpiece that we haven't learned to appreciate yet...

Well I'm not going to sugar-coat it :naughty:

I'm honest. I hated it :teehee:

It just sounds very awkward and syncopated. :emot-sad:

Calm down. I agree with you.:naughty:Almost everyone else seems to love it though.

Me too.

Who are they, are they the people who co-wrote Erase??

Yep.

I'm now really afraid for the video, cause I think loads of parts in Mika's video's are kinda awkward. And this song sounds kinda awkward, so..:aah:

oooh heaven is a place on earth!! yes... might be.... :naughty:

Yeah, I definately hear heaven is a place on earth. A lot.

To me, it seems too early for people to be like "I LOVE/HATE IT!" it's like, a 20 second clip of the intro! We didn't even hear a verse yet!

Waiting for monday....

Yeah, I definately hear heaven is a place on earth. A lot.

To me, it seems too early for people to be like "I LOVE/HATE IT!" it's like, a 20 second clip of the intro! We didn't even hear a verse yet!

Waiting for monday....

I didn't say I hate the whole song, I just said I hated the snippet:naughty:

You know what, we have all had this massive build up to this song, and maybe were all expecting a bit too much and building the song up in our heads to impossible standards... I dunno.

I am not sold on the strength of the clip but I am prepared to give the song the benefit of the doubt until I've heard it a few times in its full version at full blast on decent headphones!

Then if I still don't like it much then so what, it's only one track from the album.

I wanted Good Gone Girl as first single anyway :teehee: