Marina & the Diamonds

Pideh

I didn't know this thread existed? :aah: I ADORE Marina, have done since Hollywood! I met her a few months ago! In love with her so much:wub2:

She's such an adorable person, isn't she? :fangurl: After Mika did that interview with wotyougot, I noticed that he interviewed Marina too, she's just too lovely :wub2:

[YOUTUBE]kxUNt_19p1Y&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's such an adorable person, isn't she? :fangurl: After Mika did that interview with wotyougot, I noticed that he interviewed Marina too, she's just too lovely :wub2:

[YOUTUBE]kxUNt_19p1Y&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]

She reallllyy is, and the way she acts is sooo cute :wub2: she's such a kind person, when I hugged her, you just feel that she's happy and SOOO loving! :wub2:

She reallllyy is, and the way she acts is sooo cute :wub2: she's such a kind person, when I hugged her, you just feel that she's happy and SOOO loving! :wub2:

She came to Montreal for a free show (even though she performed 2 songs), she was AMAZING!! She is adorable yes! I didn't meet her though, bleh :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This afternoon, I found this interview for the brazilian news site G1, and I tought of translating and sharing with you who like her :)

''Anti-Adele'', Marina & the Diamonds teaches women how to break hearts

Welsh singer launches album in Brazil, which has the same producer of Britney.

'I don’t want to pose as a victim, "says to G1, clips already have 70 million clicks.

"Rule number one: You have to have fun. But when finished, be the first to flee." It seems a women self-help book - not the conservative ones, which teach to please her husband, but a bold one, that puts the woman in a dominant position. The rule, however, is not written, but sung by Marina Diamandis.

"I invert the typical situation where the guy is the driver and the woman is dominated," the welsh of greek descendence, with stage name Marina & The Diamonds, explains to G1. Music has a series of rules for girls to be "heartbreakers"

"How to be a heartbreaker" video was released less than a month, and now it’s with over one million views on YouTube. Other songs exalt Marina’s female power. In "Primadonna", released in May, she embodies a woman full of minds. "I got you wrapped around my finger, dear." It already has 16 million out of a total of 70 million clicks in the singer’s channel.

The two songs are part of the album "Electra Heart", recently launched in Brazil, second artist's work pointed out as musical promise in England by the BBC in 2010. The album features production by Dr. Luke, who has worked with Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Rihanna and others.

According to Marina, the disc came from a broken heart. But instead of "to mourn the loss of a love," as another artist who sings about the theme, Adele, she puts the listener in the position of a strong person. "When I feel hurt by someone, I don’t want to pose as a victim."

G1 – You’ve already said that making the new album was a way of dealing with a heartbreak you had. Another album about that is the success '21 ', by Adele. It was your intention not to make a sad album, unlike her?

Marina Diamandis, I think it has to do with my personality, I'm very proud. When I feel hurt by someone, I don’t want to pose as a victim. And that's part of the character I created for "Electra Heart". Adele speaks in a different way, she is mourning the loss of her love. "Electra Heart" puts you in the position of a strong person who pretends not to need anyone else.

G1 - In your song ‘’How to be a heartbreaker’’ you seem to convey a message of strength to girls. Do you think feminism is still necessary today?

Marina Diamandis – Yes. I think in some parts of the world this may not be a problem, or for some women, depends on creating. But it's the same as saying that legalizing gay marriage will end homophobia. I feel the same with feminism. We have evolved a lot, but we still haven’t equality. In "How to be a heartbreaker" I invert the typical situation where the guy is the driver and the woman is dominated.

G1 - It's the female version of Womanizer [music character of Britney Spears]?

Marina Diamandis - Exactly! In my dreams [laughs].

G1 - You appeared in 2010 with Ellie Goulding in the BBC's list of promises. She already has a big hit in the U.S., "Lights." How important to you is bursting there?

Marina Diamandis - For this album is more important than ever. Mainly because there was a disc made and produced by americans. But success anywhere is good. "Primadonna" was certified platinum in Australia this week and I couldn’t believe that. If I get something in Brazil, it will be beautiful too.

G1 - Have you had contact with Brazilian fans?

Marina Diamandis - The only contact is on Twitter, and the Brazilian fans are already many there. I expected to play there next year, but nothing was marked.

G1 - You've described your sound as alternative to mainstream pop. But you’ve opened for Katy Perry and said you admire Britney Spears.

Marina Diamandis - It's a question I think about every day. I feel divided. Because I don’t think I'm the kind of artist like Joni Mitchell and Fiona Apple. I am a person of the most dynamic performance, but I'm not a popstar plastic. I see both sides, and like both. I admire pop artists like Britney and Katy Perry, the way they present things in a big way. Katy's songs are brilliant.

G1 - Lana Del Rey said that she listens to your music. She is criticized for having "invented herself" and changing visual, name. You also created a character in 'Electra Heart'. What do you think of these criticisms?

Marina Diamandis - It's very strange, because many artists have changed their names and they have some sort of past. I guess because she is very beautiful. If she had a common look, people wouldn’t be so nasty. But she already has people who understand.

G1 - A verse of 'Primadonna' is 'fill the void with celluloid'. What do you mean?

Marina Diamandis - It says about performances. People need attention, such as the "primadonna" [lead singer] opera, they need love. ‘’Fill the void with celluloid’’ is like filling your life with photos of yourself. Especially in our generation who is always taking pictures of theirselves. These anonymous people in real life and famous on Tumblr were an inspiration for the look of the disc.

Source: http://g1.globo.com/musica/noticia/2012/10/anti-adele-marina-diamonds-ensina-mulheres-partir-coracoes.html

Edited by BiaIchihara

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...