Global Pop Phenomenon, MIKA, Releases Sophomore Album September 22

dcdeb

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stop staring at that pic of him! :fangurl:

His jacket makes me happy..the colour, it's like butter or something. :aah: It's very alluring.

Edit : no not butter, like golden wheat in a field or something.

You say Golden Wheat, I say straw :naughty:

I can't stop staring at that pic of him! :fangurl:

His jacket makes me happy..the colour, it's like butter or something. :aah: It's very alluring.

Edit : no not butter, like golden wheat in a field or something.

You say Golden Wheat, I say straw :naughty:

I thought it looked more like his mum had washed it with some yellow undies by mistake...as you do.

I thought it looked more like his mum had washed it with some yellow undies by mistake...as you do.

:shocked: Do you not like the jacket??? I love it. :wub2:

My all time favourite Mika jacket is that goldy/bronzey leather one he wore in 2007 a lot, but this one is running a close second.

:shocked: Do you not like the jacket??? I love it. :wub2:

My all time favourite Mika jacket is that goldy/bronzey leather one he wore in 2007 a lot, but this one is running a close second.

Of course I love it!! That pic is now my new wallpaper on my laptop :thumb_yello:

It was just an observation :naughty: Not sure I like his watch much tbh, I prefer the plastic ones more, it's a bit too bling for me.

Of course I love it!! That pic is now my new wallpaper on my laptop :thumb_yello:

It was just an observation :naughty: Not sure I like his watch much tbh, I prefer the plastic ones more, it's a bit too bling for me.

I was just going to say I love his watch because it's more grown up. It's time he moved on from all that plastic stuff IMO. He is the wrong side of 25 now after all :naughty: Apart from your bracelet OF COURSE! Which reminds me, I forgot to look at that stuff you sent me earlier...:doh:.

I was just going to say I love his watch because it's more grown up. It's time he moved on from all that plastic stuff IMO. He is the wrong side of 25 now after all :naughty: Apart from your bracelet OF COURSE! Which reminds me, I forgot to look at that stuff you sent me earlier...:doh:.

But plastic is more colourful and fun.

What these bracelets you mean??:naughty:

17nov2.jpg

14nov1.jpg

I think We Are Golden is a crappy album name. :teehee:

It just seems, well, lazy. Especially after all of these media reports referring to the "as yet untitled album." What's up with that? If they were just going to take the easy way out and name it after the lead single, why couldn't they have figured that out 8-12 weeks ago? Why make the album name a closely guarded secret?

Also, the first thing I thought of was an old interview. I can't even remember if it was print or video, but Mika was saying how his record label wanted him to call his first album "Love Today" or something like that. And he went on about how that wouldn't work for him, and how he came up with Life in Cartoon Motion instead.

Too much cheese, nakedness and gerbil stroking has dulled his album-naming creativity. :naughty:

It just seems, well, lazy. Especially after all of these media reports referring to the "as yet untitled album." What's up with that? If they were just going to take the easy way out and name it after the lead single, why couldn't they have figured that out 8-12 weeks ago? Why make the album name a closely guarded secret?

Also, the first thing I thought of was an old interview. I can't even remember if it was print or video, but Mika was saying how his record label wanted him to call his first album "Love Today" or something like that. And he went on about how that wouldn't work for him, and how he came up with Life in Cartoon Motion instead.

Too much cheese, nakedness and gerbil stroking has dulled his album-naming creativity. :naughty:

I like the title, I liked it immediately as the single title and I think it works as the title of an album which (supposedly) has the broad concept of adolescent discovery. However I agree it was a bit of an anticlimax and would have probably preferred something new and previously unheard.

My guess is that he came up with a load of weird and wonderful possible titles but Universal put their (its?) foot down this time :aah:.

Always exciting to wake up in Tokyo and see so many threads with so much NEWS!!! :fangurl:

Bit sad the album is called the same as the single, kinda boring....

Didn't he look at our thread with so many excellent and creative suggestions:boxed:

But plastic is more colourful and fun.

What these bracelets you mean??:naughty:

14nov1.jpg

The photo's gone from the home page of me wearing mine but here's Mika in his.

Nice bracelet. - the hearts one!

(Where are these pics from?)

I think it's a bit of a cop out tbh, I'm a bit disappointed that he named it that, I was really hoping for something a bit more original like LICM. Unless he really couldn't think of a title, who knows.