Global Pop Phenomenon, MIKA, Releases Sophomore Album September 22

dcdeb

Hey, guys...I have found the same article on a Romanian radio's website with a really nice picture...

:wub2:

4a5c7772075e8mika.jpg

By the looks of his jumper and the hair, I'd say it's a new one!

THANKS MUM FOR FINDING THE ARTICLE!:thumb_yello:

He looks completely taken surprise lol :naughty:

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, guys...I have found the same article on a Romanian radio's website with a really nice picture...

4a5c7772075e8mika.jpg

You're welcome...:thumb_yello:

I wish more media to be involved into publishing about MIKA..!

4a5c7772075e8mika.jpg

thank you! what an amazing picture! :wub2:

4a5c7772075e8mika.jpg

Oh great. Thanks for posting! :biggrin2:

4a5c7772075e8mika.jpg

Aaaargh I love it !!! :fangurl: :fangurl: :fangurl:

THANKS FOR POSTING BIANKA'S MUM !! :thumb_yello:

4a5c7772075e8mika.jpg

the jumper is okay- mikaish in my sense:teehee:

but the top beneath.... i somehow thought of a swimwear:naughty:

anyway, i juz luv this hair!!!!!! as in all the other new pics:wub2:

You're welcome...:thumb_yello:

I wish more media to be involved into publishing about MIKA..!

u are such a nice mum!!!!:biggrin2:

Why wasn't he more creative choosing another title for the album ?

I don't want it to be also called We are golden :blink:

Me either :no:

Mika's song titles are already Predictable with a capital P. I mean you know the song title by the end of the first chorus without fail.

To then have an entire album named after one...:blink:

LICM's concept was clear and now he's been going on about the adolescent theme of this album. Maybe it will be more obvious once the single is released but that theme is not conveyed in the three words "we are golden" in the same way that "life in cartoon motion" brought to mind all that was going on with those songs.

Just two nights ago I was looking for a possible release date for the single on Billboard and came across another album called We Are Golden that was released on July 17, 2008. How entirely unoriginal and just one year out.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/discography/index.jsp?pid=1030268&aid=1178709

Edited by Christine

:aah: I hate that pic:blush-anim-cl: I can't believe it's the same guy who gets covered in paint or wears smooth cream jackets :teehee:

Oh well - each to their own :thumb_yello:

I have to admit it's not the best one either :blush-anim-cl: But I'm always glad to discover a new one :biggrin2:

I agree with the shirt underneath looking a bit strange and not matching the jumper :teehee: I love the colorful lp's though!

I have to admit it's not the best one either :blush-anim-cl: But I'm always glad to discover a new one :biggrin2:

I agree with the shirt underneath looking a bit strange and not matching the jumper :teehee: I love the colorful lp's though!

:huglove:

The LP's are fine - and the face :thumb_yello: (just the jumper and whatever that other garment is meant to be :aah:) :roftl:

One thing I really love about Mika is the variety of looks he can achieve - you never know what to expect from him :biggrin2:

Ok, maybe he was just taking a leaf out of MJ's book a la Thriller and BAD, which were album names and singles. Good enough for MJ, good enough for MP.

Then the single by the same name is called the "title track".

*yawn*

Edit after reading nikjass' post ....maybe those MJ albums were concepts too. Maybe We are Golden is a total concept/theme/package

I said this in one of my earlier posts, I guess no one saw it!

Or he needs to change the name of the album

And I'm afraid I won't like this album as much as LICM and I will get bored quickly of it

I don't have those fears but I wouldn't be surprised if We Are Golden is not my favourite track so I'm not crazy about the idea of the album being named after it.

The whole choir thing doesn't appeal to me at all especially when he keeps associating it with Madonna's Like a Prayer because I never liked it.

But I guess I'll worry about that on Friday (or Monday).

Wouldn't it be sad if after all of this hype, none of us found "We Are Golden" (the song.....oh how I hate having to make myself clear:sneaky2:) to be very good? :teehee:

This is the same crowd that thought the first attempt at Rain was "genius" so that is never going to happen. :roftl:

I don't have those fears but I wouldn't be surprised if We Are Golden is not my favourite track so I'm not crazy about the idea of the album being named after it.

The whole choir thing doesn't appeal to me at all especially when he keeps associating it with Madonna's Like a Prayer because I never liked it.

But I guess I'll worry about that on Friday (or Monday).

I don't think about the Madonna song.

For me it's the fact that they sang on MJs Will You Be There, I love that song because their singing on it is amazing, it made it my favourite MJ song.

So on that basis, I have high hopes for WAG.

I don't think about the Madonna song.

For me it's the fact that they sang on MJs Will You Be There, I love that song because their singing on it is amazing, it made it my favourite MJ song.

So on that basis, I have high hopes for WAG.

Yeah but Mika is not MJ. I can't imagine Mika producing a soulful song like Will You Be There that would utilize that kind of choir in an authentic way. The Madonna thing is just totally contrived to me.

But like I said I will worry about that on Friday (or Monday). I'll reserve judgement until I've heard it.