Mika at German Radio stations 21.?+22.7.09

mellody

ok so here's my meeting report. :bleh: first part was a few pages ago, short summary, we walked by that hotel on our way back from the radio station, he was sitting outside in a cafe and waved us over. his sister was there (she left when we came), and another woman.

i first told him that i'm sorry and really didn't want to disturb him at the hotel, but we just saw him on our way back from the radio station... and he just said sth like no problem... it seemed perfectly ok for him. he was in a really good mood, all chatty, smiley and just really sweet! :fangurl:

then i introduced sarah from the german forum to him - he shook hands with us - but hi and goodbye was all they talked, she didn't say anything else and i must admit that i completely forgot she was there while i was talking with mika... :blush-anim-cl: she said it was ok for her though, she was busy admiring him and his shoes (the louboutin ones again, though i didn't see them, was too concentrated on his face and his shirt). :naughty:

he was wearing a really crazy shirt, black with a face (eyes/nose/mouth) made up of lots of small plastic stones (similar to those on the rucksack he had in berlin), so after the "hi how are you's" i said "interesting shirt..." and he said that it's a monster face and that the eyes look like boobies *insert typical cute mika giggle here*... :roftl:

i told him that we had waited for him at bayern3 but then got a text that it was already over, and he said, yeah it's all pre-recorded and later they pretend it's live - well, he's right with that. he told me that it was a lot of interviews the last few days and that today was the first time that he had a bit of time to relax in between, and that he'd fly to milan later and would've to start working tomorrow at 7 am, and next would be rehearsals. so it's a lot of work, but it's fun.

i then told him i would've loved to go to the itunes festival but now can't due to work (he then pulled a face and said sth like "ah, it's always work!" :bleh:), and that a lot of MFCers were going there without having tickets for sure, and he said he's trying to organize tickets - for details bout that conversation, see my post in the itunes thread, though i now know that the mods are taking care of it anyway. :wink2:

and i told him i liked that magic numbers thing and whether it was his idea (sarah had asked me that question before, and i wasn't sure...) - and he said yes, and that they were planning to give points for posting on the mfc. i asked, is it for old posts too, or only new ones, and he opened his mouth to answer but then laughed and said he won't say anything else as they first have to figure out how to do it and he can't promise anything. i mentioned also that it might be a problem if ppl upload pix that are not their own, think he looked a bit like he hadn't thought about that before and said that's true and sth like that they were constantly improving the system.

not sure if i forgot anything, anyway, he then said he has to leave and do an interview, shook hands with us for goodbye, and while packing his stuff from the table he said casually that he had mentioned me on the radio (or did he say in an interview, don't remember...) - and i was like "what, me?!?", and he told me that he had said that one of his fans had created the character grey skelly... i then said, well, i didn't create it, you did, i just made a costume out of it... and he said, well the name... then i told him that it wasn't me but someone else from mfc (i'm sure i've told him that before, but seems like he forgot... guess i'll always be grey skelly to him, can't get rid of that the same way he can't get rid of playing grace kelly at every gig, lol!). and while leaving he shrugged and said sth like doesn't matter, take the credit for it anyway. lol! :lmao: sorry to the one who actually invented the name, don't remember who it was, but you can't blame me for not telling him again and again, lol! :lmfao:

ah, i just noticed i can now use more than 8 smileys in a post, great! :biggrin2:

anyway, that's it... i don't know why, but i felt more calm while meeting him today than i ever did before during those occasions. either i'm already getting used to it :naughty: or it was just that i had absolutely not expected to meet him anymore that day, or/and that he was in such a good mood. or maybe i just talked as much rubbish as always but just didn't realize it today. :lmao:

WOW!

Good for You!

I would be so tongue tied & would probably just sit there & stare at him which would make him leave really quickly! Hahaha!

I bet you will remember those few moment for the rest of your life!

Congrats!

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be so tongue tied & would probably just sit there & stare at him which would make him leave really quickly! Hahaha!

yeah, i think for most people it's either that, or talking about what just comes into your mind, which in a lot of cases is complete rubbish. for me it's the latter, just that this time i was lucky that it was not all rubbish. :roftl:

here's the bayern3 interview, it's quite short and you can't hear much of mika as they're talking over his voice - but i think the few seconds missing due to graciosa's pc working on other things at the same time don't make much of a difference, the way it sounds to me, the sentence was almost finished anyway. :bleh: i cut away the rest, it was just a few more seconds missing (guess that was the radio guy talking bout WAG) and then they played WAG.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d0bcf68d261220488d78a0e555291609e04e75f6e8ebb871

i'll make a transcript for you now, so you can understand what they're saying (though, as i said, it's not much). :wink2:

here's the bayern3 interview, it's quite short and you can't hear much of mika as they're talking over his voice - but i think the few seconds missing due to graciosa's pc working on other things at the same time don't make much of a difference, the way it sounds to me, the sentence was almost finished anyway. :bleh: i cut away the rest, it was just a few more seconds missing (guess that was the radio guy talking bout WAG) and then they played WAG.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d0bcf68d261220488d78a0e555291609e04e75f6e8ebb871

i'll make a transcript for you now, so you can understand what they're saying (though, as i said, it's not much). :wink2:

Thank you! :thumb_yello:

:flowers2:

Looking forward to the transcript... some strange phrases I seem to hear in the introduction ... like.. 'kinder musik'??:blink::biggrin2:

bayern3 interview, recorded 23.7.09, on air 25.7.09:

he's 1,90m, curly hair, really good voice - Mika, the ...("schräger vogel" means sth like weird, crazy... but not in a negative way - leo.org gives "whacky" as a best translation...) from england, with grace kelly he was on the charts all over europe 2 years ago. then there were lollipop and relax take it easy - those were the hits that made mika big. maybe you've also fallen in love with that sound, were at one of his concerts... he compares himself with freddie mercury, because of the whacky voice and outfits on stage. ok it's hard to fill those shoes, but one must admit that mika is a really good entertainer, has a good voice. and when you tell him "your music sounds a bit like schoolgirl-/children's music", he's not annoyed by that at all, he can only laugh about it.

mika: (first sentence, see interview) ... - that's something that happens all the time with my music - people either love it or hate it, and i think that's good. ... (last sentence you can also hear ;))

and now his new single is out, it's called we are golden, which sounds like really happy music, which really it isn't, regarding the text. mika sings about the hard time he had at school.

mika: (first sentence: interview)... with all the wonderful and horrible things of this time. i had a really hard time at school, it was very difficult for me to find my place in the world. i had to move often as a child, change school very often, got thrown out of some schools. music was always a refuge for me, when at school everything got too much, i retreated into that room with a piano, writing songs - only there... (and that's when there are a few secs missing...)

bayern3 interview, recorded 23.7.09, on air 25.7.09:

he's 1,90m, curly hair, really good voice - Mika, the ...("schräger vogel" means sth like weird, crazy... but not in a negative way - leo.org gives "whacky" as a best translation...) from england, with grace kelly he was on the charts all over europe 2 years ago. then there were lollipop and relax take it easy - those were the hits that made mika big. maybe you've also fallen in love with that sound, were at one of his concerts... he compares himself with freddie mercury, because of the whacky voice and outfits on stage. ok it's hard to fill those shoes, but one must admit that mika is a really good entertainer, has a good voice. and when you tell him "your music sounds a bit like schoolgirl-/children's music", he's not annoyed by that at all, he can only laugh about it.

mika: (first sentence, see interview) ... - that's something that happens all the time with my music - people either love it or hate it, and i think that's good. ... (last sentence you can also hear ;))

and now his new single is out, it's called we are golden, which sounds like really happy music, which really it isn't, regarding the text. mika sings about the hard time he had at school.

mika: (first sentence: interview)... with all the wonderful and horrible things of this time. i had a really hard time at school, it was very difficult for me to find my place in the world. i had to move often as a child, change school very often, got thrown out of some schools. music was always a refuge for me, when at school everything got too much, i retreated into that room with a piano, writing songs - only there... (and that's when there are a few secs missing...)

thanks a lot for the transript:thumb_yello:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My pleasure girls!! :wub2:

Edited mp3, clearer and without the intro (Thanks Nono!) http://www.sendspace.com/file/yiqdv1

Lyrics thanks Mana!

"Running, running around

Sick of acting the clown

Leaves me nothing to do

But have to think of you

So much left to go wrong

Didn't knew I belonged

If I had words for hate

Would I have lived this way?

Oh, I'm sitting alone

And I'm looking for help

Left here on my own