The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

Download was last week, physical this week. Mika released both 1 day apart this week.[sunday/Monday].

Thank you!

These different marketing and promo strategies are complicated to follow...

Back in the old days..... oK, not complaining.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the old days I remember copying radio songs onto tape and pressing pause as the adverts came on :roftl::thumb_yello:

I did the same, but we had special programs for people who wanted to record songs properly. In this region people never really cared about copyright ...etc...back then:biggrin2:

I did the same, but we had special programs for people who wanted to record songs properly. In this region people never really cared about copyright ...etc...back then:biggrin2:

Yeh how true!!! I found a huge box of them at my mums while Im helping her move .. good times!

Now thats what I call music 1 !!! :wub2:

Download was last week, physical this week. Mika released both 1 day apart this week.[sunday/Monday].

I didn't realise that! So Pixie actually had a week's head start over Mika, wheras he released WAG on downloads Sunday and physically Monday!

Therefore you could be right. Even if he doesn't get any higher this week, he could do next week!

Back in the old days I remember copying radio songs onto tape and pressing pause as the adverts came on :roftl::thumb_yello:

I used to listen to The Top 20, as it was then, with my tape recorder at the ready, to tape the songs I liked!

Yes, those were the days, but I wouldn't do it to Mika though. I buy his singles and albums the right way.

I think because this is the first week of release for WAG, next week chart is still worth looking out for, it could peak higher. I think this week WAG, may not peak any higher.

Next week, is another chance. 2nd weeks sales are usually better and Pixie/ Jay Z sales will decrease, whereas Mika's will still improve.

I so hope you're right! Fingers, toes etc all crossed!

TBWKTM was supposed to be released on 18th, next friday, here in germany, today I was in Saturn (do u know that? veeeery big store for electronic stuff) and just wanted to ask at what time the album will be their, the man tipped lookedit up in his computer and said "oh, no, they cancelled this date, the soonest it could be released is in 3 weeks, but there's no new date yet"

I was like :crybaby: they can't do that!!! and asked why this could be and he said it might be because there aren't that many cds "ready" yet or that promotion isn't finished

maybe you should go ask whether the release date of your country is still right?

because amazon still says it's the 18th here but his computer said sth different

:roftl: the good old times :roftl: i remember recording songs from the radio. it was so annoying when some djs started talking while the songs were still playing:naughty:

i didnt know that. thanks:thumb_yello:

thats why she had a head start at the itunes chart

TBWKTM was supposed to be released on 18th, next friday, here in germany, today I was in Saturn (do u know that? veeeery big store for electronic stuff) and just wanted to ask at what time the album will be their, the man tipped lookedit up in his computer and said "oh, no, they cancelled this date, the soonest it could be released is in 3 weeks, but there's no new date yet"

I was like :crybaby: they can't do that!!! and asked why this could be and he said it might be because there aren't that many cds "ready" yet or that promotion isn't finished

maybe you should go ask whether the release date of your country is still right?

because amazon still says it's the 18th here but his computer said sth different

Oh noo, i hope you don't wait that long :(

The UK it is released 21st Sept http://www.mikasounds.com/news/view/613/The_Boy_Who_Knew_Too_Much

:)

Pleased and disappointed at the same time!

#4 is fab but I still think it should be number 1!!

I didn't think it would be number one but I did think it would be in the Top 5. I am doubtful that it will be any higher next week. :dunno:

Some stats from the chart today:

Sales figures - TOP 10 singles.

SINGLES

49623 Pixie Lott

48593 David Guetta / Akon

44344 Jay-Z / Rihanna / Kanye West

34363 Mika

32649 Black Eyed Peas

31791 Dizzee Rascal / Chrome (6)

29103 Mini Viva (7)

27508 Sugababes (8)

24390 Muse (9)

19538 Little Boots (10)

Something that is interesting is the Album sales in the UK. The No.1 Album this week sold less copies than Mika's single WAG. So i can't wait to see how the Album peaks, if the same people who bought the single and hopefully more....buy the album aswell.

ALBUMS Top 10

32826 Vera Lynn

27806 Jamie T

19282 David Guetta

18736 Arctic Monkeys

17830 Beatles - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

16507 Beatles - Abbey Road (6)

15955 Kings of Leon (7)

14823 Cribs (8)

14568 Beatles - Revolver (9)

13203 Beatles - Rubber Soul (10)

Some stats from the chart today:

Sales figures - TOP 10 singles.

SINGLES

49623 Pixie Lott

48593 David Guetta / Akon

44344 Jay-Z / Rihanna / Kanye West

34363 Mika

32649 Black Eyed Peas

31791 Dizzee Rascal / Chrome (6)

29103 Mini Viva (7)

27508 Sugababes (8)

24390 Muse (9)

19538 Little Boots (10)

Is this singles stat just the U.K too?

Pleased and disappointed at the same time!

#4 is fab but I still think it should be number 1!!

Of course it should!

I think it's really weird that the singles are selling more than the albums- I don't think that's usual, most people buy at least some cds but hardly anyone I know buys singles. Are you sure those stats are right?

Something that is interesting is the Album sales in the UK. The No.1 Album this week sold less copies than Mika's single WAG. So i can't wait to see how the Album peaks, if the same people who bought the single and hopefully more....buy the album aswell.

ALBUMS Top 10

32826 Vera Lynn

27806 Jamie T

19282 David Guetta

18736 Arctic Monkeys

15955 Kings of Leon (7)

14823 Cribs (8)

You're kidding me??! :shocked:

You know Mika bought this album and twittered about it last Saturday?? Coincidence???? :naughty:

I wonder if the Cribs album will be No1 next week as he's now twittered about that one too!!

Of course it should!

I think it's really weird that the singles are selling more than the albums- I don't think that's usual, most people buy at least some cds but hardly anyone I know buys singles. Are you sure those stats are right?

Yes they are :) Album sales have always been low compared to single sales lately. It doesn't take more than 40k to get to No.1 in the UK Albums.

Also lack of competition helps ala this week with Vera ;)

ALBUMS Top 10

32826 Vera Lynn

27806 Jamie T

19282 David Guetta

18736 Arctic Monkeys

15955 Kings of Leon (7)

14823 Cribs (8)

Your posts bring back happy memories :biggrin2:

Vera Lynn is number one in the UK .. ohh weelll meet againnn hmmmmm:biggrin2:

Im sure the album will be number one

Btw .. how much stuff and the same albums do Beatles fans actually buy?