The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

I don't know - I am baffled by the reaction in the British market :blink:. But a lot of people here (UK) didn't like WAG, maybe they will change their minds when they hear the second single.

Yes, I have to agree that I think WAG was a bad choice as a first single.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know - I am baffled by the reaction in the British market :blink:. But a lot of people here (UK) didn't like WAG, maybe they will change their minds when they hear the second single.

Yes, I have to agree that I think WAG was a bad choice as a first single.

it very well could be because he did get a lot of media coverage, didn't he... I remember MFC's reaction wasn't really good at first, either (before we paid attention to the lyrics, heard explanation..etc.)

I would actually like to see Mika release a double-sided single with Rain and BIOTG (or at least both videos at the same time) , then very soon, before Xmas I See You ... I just can't imagine UK not falling on their knees when hearing these.

I think competition will be much tougher everywhere in Europe when Robbie's album is out, despite the fact that I think his new single is crappy.

it very well could be because he did get a lot of media coverage, didn't he... I remember MFC's reaction wasn't really good at first, either (before we paid attention to the lyrics, heard explanation..etc.)

I would actually like to see Mika release a double-sided single with Rain and BIOTG (or at least both videos at the same time) , then very soon, before Xmas I See You ... I just can't imagine UK not falling on their knees when hearing these.

I think competition will be much tougher everywhere in Europe when Robbie's album is out, despite the fact that I think his new single is crappy.

There's a lot of confusion over Rain and BIOTG - I think Rain is the far stronger song. But it's up to the record company I suppose - they will have a good idea of what other singers will be releasing and when

Also I think it was a mistake to wait so long to make WAG available as a single - it had been played for so long people had started to get bored with it.

I agree with that. It was out far too early. It was played for the first time on July 20th and didn't come out until September. I also agree that it was, maybe the wrong choice. After hearing (in full) other tracks on the album, I think that maybe Good Gone Girl, or Touches You, would have been better for the first single. I also believe that Rain is a better choice of new single than BIOTG, even though the BIOTG video is really good.

I think we & new fans are going to be thrilled with how many singles will come out of TBWKTM.

Look how many LICM produced?

There will be a few songs for everybody.

Mika's tour will be amaze us, entertain us & surprise us just like it did in 2007.

I can't wait!!

Even if some fans do or don't like WAG there are others who do or don't like the new vid BIOTG - there is something for everyone.

Mika sure keeps everybody talking.

I also like very much the name of Mika's North American Tour - 1955!

The same year the first Disneyland opened in Anaheim, California.

The same year that "Lady And The Tramp" was released in theaters.

We know Mika loves himself some Disney.

The Top Ten Charts throughout the world are about to be owned by Mika for the next year - I think & I hope.

Im with you , releasing BIOTG rather than rain .. bad bad call

I have to agree. :blink:

Who is making the decisions as regards single releases? Is Mika himself having any input into the decision these days? Perhaps he is, but if he isn't, then what has happened to this 'being in control of his career' thing he always used to bang on about?

BIOTG would be the right choice for the US market but IMO it is totally the wrong choice for the UK. Prove me wrong Mika/Universal, I beg you :naughty:.

BIOTG would be the right choice for the US market but IMO it is totally the wrong choice for the UK. Prove me wrong Mika/Universal, I beg you :naughty:.

Yeah I totally agree with you, FD and Marilyn. WAG was not getting airplay everywhere (like on Capital FM who were fervent supporters of LICM) and I think they need Rain to get everyone on board and let the British public sink their teeth into this album before releasing any other singles.

I feel like i want shake whoever it is that is making the decision to have BIOTG as the second single instead of Rain!

Rain, i think is the song that will propel the detractors from WAG into getting interested in his album. Rain is a MUCH better likable song than WAG.

Im with you , releasing BIOTG rather than rain .. bad bad call

no no, we spoke to Mika after Jools and he said the new single was Rain, but both singles are to be released at the same time but in different countries?? :blink:

BIOTG should be released in the states, Rain everywhere else?!

no no, we spoke to Mika after Jools and he said the new single was Rain, but both singles are to be released at the same time but in different countries?? :blink:

BIOTG should be released in the states, Rain everywhere else?!

It seems even Mika himself hasn't a clue what is being released, then.

The video for BIOTG was shown on TV here though, so it must be the next single here, otherwise why show it? I wish it weren't the case, but it must be :dunno:. so why does Mika insist it's Rain?

Did he maybe not know which country he was in when he said that to you at JH and to Chris Moyles too? :blink::naughty:. Honestly, I don't mean to sound sarky, but wtf?? :naughty:

The video for BIOTG was shown on TV here though, so it must be the next single here, otherwise why show it? I wish it weren't the case, but it must be :dunno:. so why does Mika insist it's Rain?

Did he maybe not know which country he was in when he said that to you at JH and to Chris Moyles too? :blink::naughty:. Honestly, I don't mean to sound sarky, but wtf?? :naughty:

Yeah I thought about that too, confusing.

But Mika said RAIN :hair:

Oh Mika why is nothing ever simple in your doo-daah land :naughty:

any idea on when we're gonna get these UK tour dates?

Today on dates , Radio 1 exclusive next week

3 years of working with them you kinda get used to switching off :naughty:

I so so hope rain , it will be a hugeeeeeeeee song

Or touches you .... also good:blush-anim-cl:

...yes, but Kath said she heard on BBC2 on Friday that Rain would be the next single in the UK..

So last week it was not only Mika but UK radio as well saying it...:blink:

So I don't understand the video either:dunno:...unless Rain being released as a single in the UK is a very recent decision....

Mika land :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Today on dates , Radio 1 exclusive next week

3 years of working with them you kinda get used to switching off :naughty:

I so so hope rain , it will be a hugeeeeeeeee song

Or touches you .... also good:blush-anim-cl:

hate to break it to you Fred, but I don't think Touches You will be a single lol :naughty:

hate to break it to you Fred, but I don't think Touches You will be a single lol :naughty:

wAGHHHHHHHHHHHHH sniff snifff

Oh of course. Blame it on the Mikaland :naughty:. Silly me!

*pats Mika on the head in a kindly fashion* If you say it's Rain Mika, then Rain it is. :naughty:

:naughty: thats the way

Do a video for BIOTG and release rain

Cazgirl was the reporter in the know .. were you tipsy hmmmmmmm:teehee: