The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary,

your last sentence " I am so confused or being such a Loyal Mika Fan - I am out of touch with reality. " must be true. I´m still shocked every time I mention Mika and people look at me and ask me " Who is this?" For me , and I think for all of us, he is the best and most popular artist of the world.

I think we have too less tv presence in Germany. And rain isn´t in the shops yet, so we have to wait and watch what will happen.

whenever i put the radio on, all I hear is JLS. I think Mika should perhaps have done more stuff like perform in shopping centres or whatever. Reeeaaally get in people's faces :aah:

Well this is why I hate X Factor so much. People from that show can't even write their own songs. They can put out utter rubbish and they get to number one, while credible acts like Mika have to struggle to get their work to sell.

I'm really glad that Jedward stirred things up this year and showed what an over hyped farce the show really is.

Well this is why I hate X Factor so much. People from that show can't even write their own songs. They can put out utter rubbish and they get to number one, while credible acts like Mika have to struggle to get their work to sell.

I'm really glad that Jedward stirred things up this year and showed what an over hyped farce the show really is.

Will Young came out alright and he writes his own stuff...I think that's about it though lol :aah:

Gary,

your last sentence " I am so confused or being such a Loyal Mika Fan - I am out of touch with reality. " must be true. I´m still shocked every time I mention Mika and people look at me and ask me " Who is this?" For me , and I think for all of us, he is the best and most popular artist of the world.

I think we have too less tv presence in Germany. And rain isn´t in the shops yet, so we have to wait and watch what will happen.

I know - it is so confusing.

I understand the frustration expressed here by many of us.

Some of the criticism here goes too far for me - :blink::shocked::biggrin2::sneaky2::shocked: - But to each his own!

I do think though that Mika has good management & is srurrounded by a good team.

Mika appearing at the Australian Idol Grand Final was a stroke of briliiance.

Also Mika's appearance at X-Factor in Italy was superb.

That behind the scenes negotiations can arrange these "prime" appearances speaks loads for Mika, his team & Mika's popularity & YES sales.

Now - why isn't it showing up in the charts ( yet ) & therefore sales????

I still think I am missing something.

Or the sales will tell the true tale in a month or so.

It doesn't add up.

I also have faith that Mika knows what he is doing.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I know - it is so confusing.

I understand the frustration expressed here by many of us.

Some of the criticism here goes too far for me - :blink::shocked::biggrin2::sneaky2::shocked: - But to each his own!

I do think though that Mika has good management & is srurrounded by a good team.

Mika appearing at the Australian Idol Grand Final was a stroke of briliiance.

Also Mika's appearance at X-Factor in Italy was superb.

That behind the scenes negotiations can arrange these "prime" appearances speaks loads for Mika, his team & Mika's popularity & YES sales.

Now - why isn't it showing up in the charts ( yet ) & therefore sales????

I still think I am missing something.

Or the sales will tell the true tale in a month or so.

It doesn't add up.

I also have faith that Mika knows what he is doing.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Yes, I've been impressed by the quality of some of the events Mika's been at- Children in Need was a big deal- so is the Royal Variety, and the big channel 4 and Jools Holland appearances- being on Wossy...

Yes, I've been impressed by the quality of some of the events Mika's been at- Children in Need was a big deal- so is the Royal Variety, and the big channel 4 and Jools Holland appearances- being on Wossy...

Your right - I missed those.:thumb_yello:

I don't believe that Mika & his team could arrange his appearances at these first class events based on his album sales & popluarity from LICM-2007!

Meanwhile I will keep searching, voting, commenting (positively) where ever I can, buying Mika products & scratching my head. Hahaha! :hair:

It really is a puzzle, isn't it? :blink: Rain is a really good song, but it isn't getting much airplay atm.

There are a lot of really pedestrian tunes high in the charts - some that are absolute rubbish - but I am heartened by the number of good songs that work their way slowly up the charts over a few weeks. Don't forget Rain has only been out a few days.

Also with albums, the pattern this year for all artists seems to be a strong first week, then a rapid drop down the charts, so the fact that Mika seems to be going back up again can only be a good thing.

Oh I might have to take that back. Radio 1 have dropped Rain from the playlists completely :shocked:

EDIT: still on the Radio 2 B list

See - I totally don't get that Silver!

The reviews, the concerts, appearances & the press are all raving about TBWKTM, Mika & the released singles so far.

See - I totally don't get that Silver!

The reviews, the concerts, appearances & the press are all raving about TBWKTM, Mika & the released singles so far.

He was on the Radio 1 B list last week, I assumed he would move up to the A list this week :dunno:

It's a mystery to me

Me too

Why can't th whole world see how brilliant Mika is? All the songs could be singles and they are all better than the drivel on R1 and R2. I could understand him being beaten by big established stars (Madonna or Robbie W) or overhyped X-c*** stuff but most of the rest is just dull dull dull.

I wonder if Mika just falls between too many stools - sometimes I think he is too clever - too many styles, too much of a chameleon - and too nice :sneaky2:

I do think there's something in this..I really do. It's still very difficult for Mika to be pigeonholed musically, which of course is a great strength creatively but it doesn't make for easy commercial success.

Although...LICM sold well enough :blink:.

I'm really shocked about the poor midweek status of Rain (but heartened by the album placing rising a little).

:blink:

IT'S MIND-BOGGLING.

LiCM went straight to number one despite mixed reviews - either really good or really shockingly bad.

TBWKTM (I CURSE the shortened version of the new album title...) had raving reviews practically EVERYWHERE and hardly anyone's buying it!!!

I JUST DON'T GET IT - WHERE ARE THE MIKA FANS?!

IT'S MIND-BOGGLING.

LiCM went straight to number one despite mixed reviews - either really good or really shockingly bad.

TBWKTM (I CURSE the shortened version of the new album title...) had raving reviews practically EVERYWHERE and hardly anyone's buying it!!!

We've already bought it! More than once! It's just totally unbelievable. I mean Rain is brilliant!

Poor Mika :huglove:

IT'S MIND-BOGGLING.

Really it's the non-Mika fans who aren't buying the record.

And I know some almost fans who have put it on their Christmas lists, so maybe sales will pick up in December. :dunno:

Really it's the non-Mika fans who aren't buying the record.

And I know some almost fans who have put it on their Christmas lists, so maybe sales will pick up in December. :dunno:

They bloody well better do or I'll buy a hench amount of copies, dress up as Father Christmas and go sliding down everyone chimneys (or using the harry potter "Alohomora!" charm on doors to open them) and stuff copies in people's Christmas stocking.

Or stuff it into their stereo's so they can wake up to We Are Golden.

Gary,

I know the feeling! But I never get tired of telling everyone about Mika. They may say "Who's Mika?" at first but by the time I am through with them, they will know who Mika is!

And yes, I agree, Mika is the best and most popular artist of the world!

I know the feeling! But I never get tired of telling everyone about Mika. They may say "Who's Mika?" at first but by the time I am through with them, they will know who Mika is!

And yes, I agree, Mika is the best and most popular artist of the world!

Hi Pandora,

I spend a lot of time telling the world around me about Mika. Yes I never get tired to talk about his talent, his fantastic voice, his special treatment of the his fans and and and. A lot of people tell me they want to buy the album but I doubt they really do, maybe they tell me that to stop me talking :wink2: So I bought five albums, two for me and three as gifts for christmas :teehee: