The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

Okay Here is Billboard's Latest:

WAG is number 5 on the Dance/club Chart - that is up from last week.

TBWKTM is 42 on the European Album Chart - unfortunately that is down.

Worldwide Albums hasn't been updated yet today.

That is the one I am anxiuosly waiting to see.:shocked::blink:

Okay guys as promised here are all of the Virgin radio 96 contacts throughout Canada that I could find:

< mbergman@virginradio.ca >

< bharris@radio.astral.com >

< VOD1069@virginradio.ca >

< mtremblay@radio.astral.com >

< wwebster@radio.astral.com >

< jwinskell@radio.astral.com >

I am including Marilyn's suggestion of Radio One in the UK:

< http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/help/contactus/ >

If you put them all in one email it shouldn't be time consuming.

I think sometime over the next week I am going to start a new thread with radio contacts throughout the world.

We need to get radio's attention!!

Thanks for adding the Radio One link! I still can't believe Rain is not on the playlist at all when it's only just come out!

Welcome to the MFC Camille! I hope you will be very happy here.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, can you send an email in French to them here :

http://www.w9.fr/content/lachaine/contact.shtml

You just have to fill the blanks and tell them that various people from Mika's fan club don't understand why we can't vote for Rain for the programme "@ vos clips" !!

Go frenchies or others who receive that channel !! :thumb_yello:

He has to bee sawn on TV !

Done French Deb! I just filled it out. :thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Excuse me for having a little fun with you - but I agree Mika has to "bee sawn" on TV.:roftl::roftl:

Oh God - I hope that was a typo!:blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl:

:naughty: Yes I write too fast sometimes ! :biggrin2:

sorry for the typo ! but I don't understand why it's so funny ? did I miss the thing ?!

And thanks for the mail. They won't understand their success and they'll believe they're watched all over the world !! :naughty:

I have given up all thought of predicting what would make a top selling single. Obviously I haven't the slightest idea and it's not the same as a good single- cos Rain's brilliant

I keep thinking it must be a mistake!

Me too... i'm just baffled by this.

Update - He isn't going to enter top 40. Also he isn't even on itunes top 100.:blink:

If Rain didn't do well..[the best song on the album -commercially imo] then how will it go for the other songs?:blink:

I definitely think Touches you should be next single tho.

At World Wide Albums TBWKTM has sold 506,000 units to date!

Well that is at least some good news. How many single purchases are in a unit? I'm asking because I remember reading an interview the other day on this fan site, where it said he'd actually sold one million albums within a few days of release. I can't remember what article it was, but it was the one where they spoke of Mika singing with the Kings Singers, and Mika said that when he posted the link to The King singer's vid, on twitter, it got about 30,000 hits, that's the power of twitter (something like that)

It was the bit about the One Million albums that got my attention.

Well that is at least some good news. How many single purchases are in a unit? I'm asking because I remember reading an interview the other day on this fan site, where it said he'd actually sold one million albums within a few days of release. I can't remember what article it was, but it was the one where they spoke of Mika singing with the Kings Singers, and Mika said that when he posted the link to The King singer's vid, on twitter, it got about 30,000 hits, that's the power of twitter (something like that)

It was the bit about the One Million albums that got my attention.

I saw that - but I'm pretty sure a unit = 1 purchase. Maybe it as slight exaggeration by the press - someone rounded up?

Me too... i'm just baffled by this.

Update - He isn't going to enter top 40. Also he isn't even on itunes top 100.:blink:

If Rain didn't do well..[the best song on the album -commercially imo] then how will it go for the other songs?:blink:

I definitely think Touches you should be next single tho.

:emot-sad::emot-sad::emot-sad::tears::tears:

This has made me really sad today. I'm totally lost for words.........

I saw that - but I'm pretty sure a unit = 1 purchase. Maybe it as slight exaggeration by the press - someone rounded up?

That was quite an exaggaration then. But if a unit is one purchase, that means he's sold just over half a million albums so far in the world, and the only way is up.

:emot-sad::emot-sad::emot-sad::tears::tears:

This has made me really sad today. I'm totally lost for words.........

Me too....totally agree

Did anyone see any reviews of Rain in magazines? I didn't (unlike WAG), and am just wondering if some of the press have turned off Mika and so Rain isn't being promoted enough? IF the mags aren't reviewing it, how would non fans know its there to be bought?

Personally I reckon its also partly down to WAG and non-fan reactions to it. I had to listen to it a lot to like it, and I wouldn't have listened to it a lot if I hadn't had the incentive of being a fan. Its a shame it was the first single. How many people outside the MFC do you know who could identify with its chorus?

That was quite an exaggaration then. But if a unit is one purchase, that means he's sold just over half a million albums so far in the world, and the only way is up.

Albims just don't sell like the used to. i was shocked when I read this

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/usa/2745743/Rihanna-suffers-bust-zip-wardrobe-malfunction.html

15000 albums for Rihanna? I expected her to be tp 5 at least :shocked:

Albims just don't sell like the used to. i was shocked when I read this

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/usa/2745743/Rihanna-suffers-bust-zip-wardrobe-malfunction.html

That's really interesting - something wierd is going on then..:boxed:

I'm actually really heartened by this. Thanks for posting!:thumb_yello:

That's really interesting - something wierd is going on then..:boxed:

I'm actually really heartened by this. Thanks for posting!:thumb_yello:

The market is changing - and not in a good way - music is competing with computer games and technology for people's spare cash.

Me too....totally agree

Did anyone see any reviews of Rain in magazines? I didn't (unlike WAG), and am just wondering if some of the press have turned off Mika and so Rain isn't being promoted enough? IF the mags aren't reviewing it, how would non fans know its there to be bought?

Personally I reckon its also partly down to WAG and non-fan reactions to it. I had to listen to it a lot to like it, and I wouldn't have listened to it a lot if I hadn't had the incentive of being a fan.

That's exactly the problem, Mika isn't appealing to people outside his core fans.

And let's be honest there hasn't been much promotion/performances of Rain for it to be top 40 :huh: And Radio play helps to back up with the promotion and it just hasn't happened for him.

I wish he didn't do the US tour straight after promoting WAG here. He should have concentrated hard in making himself MORE relevant in the UK and expose people to his new album. Having just one or two weeks of promotion and then shooting off isn't going to help promotion wise because frankly Mika isn't a big of an artist for his music just to do the talking... as we've seen with how Rain is doing atm.

Also When Mika first came out he came out earlier in the year. Whereas with TBWKTM, the competition is always high in the final quarter of the year. LICM didn't have much competition and the roll on effect of performing at all the festivals helped etc.

I blame this ALL on promotion imo.

Me too....totally agree

Personally I reckon its also partly down to WAG and non-fan reactions to it. I had to listen to it a lot to like it, and I wouldn't have listened to it a lot if I hadn't had the incentive of being a fan. Its a shame it was the first single. How many people outside the MFC do you know who could identify with its chorus?

Ellie I haven't read any specific reviews of Rain - yet I have heard a positive buzz about Rain - but TBWKTM received RAVEreviews!

Albums just don't sell like the used to. I was shocked when I read this

I kind of agree with you Naectagale.

But I thought the Itunes Charts would have shown far better sales.

We are ignoring what happened to TBWKTM just four days before the release date.

I was really proud of everyone here at the MFC for not talking about it.

I was really proud to be a member here!!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I was so afraid that it would be discussed here & tip off people who would take advantage of it & make things worse.

Everybody here was amazing!! :thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

But we don't know what kind of dmage that did.

I've got to say there must have indeed been a mistake in promoting the album, as I'm a new fan (even though I loved Mika and LICM already in 2007), and I kind of only realised the album had been released when I heard Rain on the radio. I mean, I knew it was going to be out as I had heard WAG all summer, but then when you're not a complete fan you don't always check release dates etc. It was easy to miss it even for Mika admirers.

I've got to say there must have indeed been a mistake in promoting the album, as I'm a new fan (even though I loved Mika and LICM already in 2007), and I kind of only realised the album had been released when I heard Rain on the radio. I mean, I knew it was going to be out as I had heard WAG all summer, but then when you're not a complete fan you don't always check release dates etc. It was easy to miss it even for Mika admirers.

there's the proof.

there are no posters advertising his album. there are no adverts in magazines, he's not on front covers...he's just nowhere.

Mika needs to start a flashmob and do it all around London. :mf_rosetinted: