The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda disappointed with the way this era has gone for Mika. He has made 3 videos, 2 single releases yet it only seems like he has fully promoted one song in the UK and that was WAG. Now with the The brit awards coming round the corner, you would expect someone like Mika who released his album in mid sept would be in contention for Best Male but that seems like a far cry now!

Promotion is the only downfall in the era thus far as the album is great! He didn't make himself relevant in the UK. As much as i appreciate how he is doing in France, in no way should that become his major Market. If he put as much energy into his promotion in the UK as he had down in France - he may have been more successful! He is performing more shows there than in the UK. Is the demand higher in France some may ask? Yes but it's his job and also his PR team to create the demand in the UK. One full promo single [WAG] and lacklustre promotion of Rain and a promo single [bIOTG] isn't going to help you succeed here!

I wonder what's going to happen to the album now - will he release more singles and do a re-release to boost the album? Something needs to be pushed behind the scenes because from where i am standing - him and his team are neglecting the promotion of TBWKTM here in the UK, such a waste for all the hard work put into the album! :aah:

I'm kinda disappointed with the way this era has gone for Mika. He has made 3 videos, 2 single releases yet it only seems like he has fully promoted one song in the UK and that was WAG. Now with the The brit awards coming round the corner, you would expect someone like Mika who released his album in mid sept would be in contention for Best Male but that seems like a far cry now!

Promotion is the only downfall in the era thus far as the album is great! He didn't make himself relevant in the UK. As much as i appreciate how he is doing in France, in no way should that become his major Market. If he put has much energy into his promotion in the UK as he has down in France - he may have been more successful! He is performing more shows there than in the UK. Is the demand higher in France some may ask? Yes but it's his job and also his PR to create the demand in the UK. One full promo single [WAG] and lacklustre promotion of Rain and a promo single [bIOTG] isn't going to help you succeed here!

I wonder what's going to happen to the album now - will he release more singles and do a re-release to boost the album? Something needs to be pushed behind the scenes because from where i am standing - him and his team are neglecting the promotion of TBWKTM here in the UK! :aah:

I do agree about the promotion. WAG was posted everywhere, and he did the pub thing and free ice cream. But that was like, the last public promotion he did :dunno:

and while I'm not saying he should keep handing out free ice cream and whatnot (would be nice, but after a while it would look like desperate bribing rather than a treat lol) but he needs to be in magazines doing interviews, more DAYTIME TV (rather than jools holland and abbey road and whatever). Paul O'Grady was a good one, because it's family TV and a popular show (it's finished now, though) Or if he's gonna do an evening show, make sure it's one that tons of people watch, y'know?

The Boyzone single will hopefully be good promotion, but that single doesn't get released until...March, is it?

^^ I agree - more watched tv shows and even radio. Like radio Lounge. He should do a full set ar radio 1 lounge, cover a song and some tracks off TBWKTM will get people more interested. He didn't even do the Jingle ball weekend - where most of the UK artists did. I was surprised he didn't make sure he was on that :/

He doesn't even need to go to on Jonathon Ross for an interview - he can just go on - to perform.

^^ I agree - more watched tv shows and even radio. Like radio Lounge. He should do a full set ar radio 1 lounge, cover a song and some tracks off TBWKTM will get people more interested. He didn't even do the Jingle ball weekend - where most of the UK artists did. I was surprised he didn't make sure he was on that :/

He doesn't even need to go to on Jonathon Ross for an interview - he can just go on - to perform.

He went on Jonathon Ross to do WAG.

He needs to be on the Graham Norton show pronto :aah:

Promotion is the only downfall in the era thus far as the album is great! He didn't make himself relevant in the UK. As much as i appreciate how he is doing in France, in no way should that become his major Market. If he put as much energy into his promotion in the UK as he had down in France - he may have been more successful! He is performing more shows there than in the UK. Is the demand higher in France some may ask?

Your post just reminded me of something he said on a French interview before the PdP gig. He said "more than any other territory, it is a personal mission, I want to have a career in France". Could it mean he's actually doing more promo in the countries he personally wants to be successful in? Of course I think he wants to be successful in the UK too, but maybe he put a lot of effort in some countries because he was "emotionally" involved and left others behind without really realising it.

And yes, the demand is high in France, don't know if it's higher but definitely high.

Your post just reminded me of something he said on a French interview before the PdP gig. He said "more than any other territory, it is a personal mission, I want to have a career in France". Could it mean he's actually doing more promo in the countries he personally wants to be successful in? Of course I think he wants to be successful in the UK too, but maybe he put a lot of effort in some countries because he was "emotionally" involved and left others behind without really realising it.

And yes, the demand is high in France, don't know if it's higher but definitely high.

He said he wanted to do well in Italy too. Is he just doing the rest of Europe and leaving the UK? :aah:

He said he wanted to do well in Italy too. Is he just doing the rest of Europe and leaving the UK? :aah:

Well, we have got a biggish tour in February. Maybe he is going to release another single to coincide with that. :dunno:

I think the problem with Rain is that it didn't make the main playlist on Radio One. It made the B list for one week, then got dropped from the playlists completely the very week it was released. I think that was the kiss of death.

Well, we have got a biggish tour in February. Maybe he is going to release another single to coincide with that. :dunno:

I think the problem with Rain is that it didn't make the main playlist on Radio One. It made the B list for one week, then got dropped from the playlists completely the very week it was released. I think that was the kiss of death.

I'm dissapointed with rain, I thought it'd be his successful hit here. :no:

I'm dissapointed with rain, I thought it'd be his successful hit here. :no:

Same. I mean, everyone knew Relax, and Relax and Rain are very similar. Dance track...disco beat...low vocals for verses...high notes for chorus...both repetetive...I mean...WTF?

Same. I mean, everyone knew Relax, and Relax and Rain are very similar. Dance track...disco beat...low vocals for verses...high notes for chorus...both repetetive...I mean...WTF?

Exactly, techno type music is very popular on the radio and such, you think our rain would do well. :crybaby:

I know!! I soo likened Rain to Relax but this time he released Rain as a second single unlike what he did with Relax but it failed for some reason! Ah well LICM was always going to be hard to top!

You're exactly right, I'm surprised he got so close to LiCM with tbwktm that's extremely hard to top, it was such a wonderful success!

I really like Rain- but I think the main problem is that people in the UK outside the fanclub just don't like it. I think he actually got some good promo slots in hte UK- Children in Need, Royal Variety, and the music shows- he aint a "sleb who sings" to appeal to the daytime TV crowd, he's a creative artist with original ideas for the music shows.

I think that the significant difference between LICM and BoyWho is that a lot of people missed all the darkness in LICM and thought it terribly suitable for children and as a fluffy pleasure, while BoyWho is more openly dark.

BUT I think it might become a steady seller- because it IS good, and because MIka is a great live performer with a tour coming up

I really like Rain- but I think the main problem is that people in the UK outside the fanclub just don't like it. I think he actually got some good promo slots in hte UK- Children in Need, Royal Variety, and the music shows- he aint a "sleb who sings" to appeal to the daytime TV crowd, he's a creative artist with original ideas for the music shows.

I think that the significant difference between LICM and BoyWho is that a lot of people missed all the darkness in LICM and thought it terribly suitable for children and as a fluffy pleasure, while BoyWho is more openly dark.

BUT I think it might become a steady seller- because it IS good, and because MIka is a great live performer with a tour coming up

I agree completely!

TBWKTM is #15 in the charts for 2009 in France. I think it's good considering it hasn't been released at the beginning of the year!

It's not even in the top 20 for the year in the UK, as far as I know.

I'm glad he's doing well in France, though

TBWKTM is #15 in the charts for 2009 in France. I think it's good considering it hasn't been released at the beginning of the year!

Yes ! :thumb_yello: I saw that too ! Number 15 for all the year 2009 it's pretty good (even if he was the first one in 2007...) but as you said, he released it in september.

And I'm very surprised (and happy) that he sold more albums than The Gossip and Lady Gaga in France ! :mf_rosetinted:

i agree :thumb_yello:

anyway.. i`m sooooooooo disappointed with all..

Mika.. he really let me down.. i expected so much more, and.. well.. this is it!

three singles, WAG at least was played regulary on the radio, but BIOTG and Rain.. :boxed: auch.. nothing, both failed... not even played on MTV or Muchmusic here...

sorry Mika.. but you really pissed this off...

he has to re-release the album with a hit because this is looking reallllllllly bad..

Mika.. he really let me down.. i expected so much more, and.. well.. this is it!

three singles, WAG at least was played regulary on the radio, but BIOTG and Rain.. :boxed: auch.. nothing, both failed... not even played on MTV or Muchmusic here...

he has to re-release the album with a hit because this is looking reallllllllly bad..

Hey, now, it's not Mika's fault. The songs are great. It's the radio stations that aren't circulating the songs around enough.

Hey, now, it's not Mika's fault. The songs are great. It's the radio stations that aren't circulating the songs around enough.

I wouldn't say it's the radio stations fault.

I mean it isn't their fault that in Saskatchewan they haven't heard of a hit that is popular in France. :naughty:

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ... you are joking right ... there is nothing wrong with the album ... maybe you have too high expectations .... comments like this really really do piss me off big time - if country's don't/won't play him ... I doubt somehow a re-release with another song on it would make much difference to be honest ... some people just have to accept sales are what they are - and it's nothing to do with Mika .... I'm disappointed for him too - especially for the UK sales ... but I don't blame him ... it is what it is :(

Yes ! :thumb_yello: I saw that too ! Number 15 for all the year 2009 it's pretty good (even if he was the first one in 2007...) but as you said, he released it in september.

And I'm very surprised (and happy) that he sold more albums than The Gossip and Lady Gaga in France ! :mf_rosetinted:

I should definitely move to France. :naughty:

Hmmm I think you have to see that this is his 2ND album ... most artists dont make i big until 3rd album (or later) , the 3rd album is the important one:thumb_yello:

His first album was a massive success , his 2nd IS amazing and got fantastic reviews across the board with people that matter

So many artists out there just drifted along then BOOM the 3rd. 4th .5th album made them into super stardom .. Robbie williams needed angels (he was rock bottom) , U2 needed Joshua Tree , Bon Jovi etc etc etc .. .not all artists album after album is massive you know?

Also the world climate sucks , we are in a recession .. this affects everything from album sales to concerts