2009 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDS - Mika @ iTunes Festival, London, JUL-31

lollipop_monkey

ooo I DOOO hope so, I could accept it being the day affter my bday so there you go ppl I have set the date for him it's FRIDAY 11th SEPTEMBER :naughty: can someone let him know it's a date :aah:

Don't worry, I'll email him as he never browses the forums :floor: .

Hope he'll come to the after gig meet and greet with a big bunch of birthday flowers. Yeah, he will, the guy's a prince :wink2: .

Cheers,

Id3

ooo I DOOO hope so, I could accept it being the day affter my bday so there you go ppl I have set the date for him it's FRIDAY 11th SEPTEMBER :naughty: can someone let him know it's a date :aah:

Dates he can't do: 10-14th September.

As I'll be at Bestival, any other date in September is good for me:thumb_yello::naughty:

Ok, another video up...I filmed everything so it will take a while before they all come up, so I will just update as I go along. So far I have:

WAG:

Big Girl:

Stuck In The Middle (also known as My Interpretation in Silver & Racha land :naughty:) coming up now

Hi everyone!

I am back from London and I just wanted to let you know that I’m in seventh heaven and stuck on smile mode

I haven’t read anything about the gig on MFC yet and I am not really good at writing sophisticated reviews, so I’ll try to visually illustrate how I feel after the gig...

After the Berlin gig I was like:swoon: for days because of the kind of intimate atmosphere we had there, and then at Sadlers Wells he took the show to another level – it was an absolutely fantastic, theatrical performance... :wub2:

But this one at the Roundhouse, was just sooo different. :mf_lustslow: He looked and sounded like a confident and mature performer and was in full control from the beginning to the end. As a consequence, the house was rocking from the start :punk:... it was amazing. :fangurl:

His voice was perfect, the sound was perfect and he was feeding the audience from his hands. :bow:

Also, considering that all songs were recorded for i-tunes, he chose the songs in a professional way, leaving out all the technically difficult ones like LJ, TB, OMS and did not play the piano at GK, either. But despite two of my favourite songs missing from the setlist, I did not miss anything at all...The show was technically perfect and I don’t think my experience can ever be topped. But with him, you never know. He keeps perfecting his act and is full of surprises.

After the gig it felt like I was on drugs....:blush-anim-cl:...Very scary....

I seem to be addicted to his shows now and I know I’ll do everything to go to the next one again.:thumb_yello:

Oh Suzie it must have been fantastic!

I’m trying really hard to not be jealous :blink:but I am, telling myself all the time: There will be a next time!:wub2:

Thank you so much for what you wrote, even if it wasn’t a report the traditional way you still described what was going on very colourful and well!:thumb_yello::wub2:

Hi everyone!

I am back from London and I just wanted to let you know that I’m in seventh heaven and stuck on smile mode

I haven’t read anything about the gig on MFC yet and I am not really good at writing sophisticated reviews, so I’ll try to visually illustrate how I feel after the gig...

After the Berlin gig I was like:swoon: for days because of the kind of intimate atmosphere we had there, and then at Sadlers Wells he took the show to another level – it was an absolutely fantastic, theatrical performance...

But this one at the Roundhouse, was just sooo different. He looked and sounded like a confident and mature performer and was in full control from the beginning to the end. As a consequence, the house was rocking from the start :punk:... it was amazing.

His voice was perfect, the sound was perfect and he was feeding the audience from his hands.

Also, considering that all songs were recorded for i-tunes, he chose the songs in a professional way, leaving out all the technically difficult ones like LJ, TB, OMS and did not play the piano at GK, either. But despite two of my favourite songs missing from the setlist, I did not miss anything at all...The show was technically perfect and I don’t think my experience can ever be topped. But with him, you never know. He keeps perfecting his act and is full of surprises.

After the gig it felt like I was on drugs....Very scary....

I seem to be addicted to his shows now and I know I’ll do everything to go to the next one again.

Hi everyone :bye:

I came back from London yesterday, but I had to sleep first before posting a report.

It was just amazing. It was my 4th Mika-gig and one of the best, if you ask me!

We (Celien, Joyce and me) arrived very in London on Friday. We first took some time to see a bit of London and went to the Roundhouse at 3pm. Queueing was very nice ... talking to other MFC members, the cookies and the icecream (we were spoiled by Mika),

When we've got in, we were on the 4th or 5th row right in front of the piano!

The atmosphere was very good ... I liked WAG live and Doctor John ... but most of all I fell in love with Rain ... it's my new favourite :wub2:. I liked his outfit a lot! His voice was amazing and looked very confident and relaxed!

Afterwards we went to the M&G ... it was very calmed and he came out very quick. It was my second M&G, but I was still very nervous ... he signed me EP and I asked him when he's coming back to Belgium. He sad "very soon". I hope he does ...

Thanks to Celien I now have I picture from me and Mika ... He's looking so sweet on it ... THANK YOU CELIEN

Then we went to our hostel. Yesterday we almost missed our train back ...

I've never done something impulsive and spontaneous, but it was worth it!!! I enjoyed every minute of it!

THANK YOU AGAIN TICKETFAIRY AND EVERYBODY WHO MADE IT POSSIBLE!!!

My pics are on their way!

I´m back home since yesterday in the afternoon and had guests, so I couldn´t write.

First I want to say thank you to all people I met, Babs, Tiibet, Kata, Lillibeth, Sariflor you are very amazing and gave me the feeling to be with friends all the time.

I arrived at 9.00 am and got the number 9. It was the second time I went to see Mika and also my second time for queueing. The weather was wonderful and the queue was absolutely relaxed, I enjoyed every minute. I was sorry we had to built a second queue for getting our tickets from the guestlist. And later when we were in the venue, I was standing with Lillibeth behind Babs and Tiibet and had a wonderful view to the stage. It was so interesting to watch the people build the stage for Mika. I saw Zuleika and Es Devlin. The only annoying thing was the girl behind me, who startet pushing me or tried to cuttle up to me ( I think she was drunken). About the gig everything was said by others, it was indescribable. I sang and danced all the time.

And later the M&G I could give Mika the gift I brought with me and he signed me my LICM. I´m still wondering I was able to speak a few words with him, coz I was so nervous.

My head is still above the clouds and I´m so on adrenalin....

Thank you Ticketfairy and all people behind it. I´m sooooo happy

Hey!!!

live from an internet café in Paris with Olga; waiting for my train to go back to switzerland!!! no time to read all your reports now but I ll do it tomorrow!!!! and post my pictures as well (made soooooo many pictures, insane

I still can't find words to explain the wonderful day I've spent with you all who where there!!!! And the fun I had at that gig...I've totally lost my mind in singing, dancing, pushing Olga to get her on stage (ooooooh my.. Olga just show me an Itv video.... it seems that the cameraman liked my sunburned face.

I'm so happy to have met a lot of MFCers!!! It was first queuing for me and I really found it great and fun!!! I)ve been totally impressed by your organisation with numbers, etc. (And I think poor André was impressed too, almost afraid to be true, don't you think Sariflor ?).

I have to go to the train sation but I'll be back with you to share my impressions tomorrow!!!

:bye:

This is so exciting!

It reminds me of my folowing all of your reports & pics during the LICM tours.

I have been reading everything I can from the pre-show posts to here & it is as close to being there as one can get from reading your enthusiastic recollections.

Thank you! Thank you!

I apologize if I missed anybody's posting here that I quoted from the last few pages.

These postings & the youtube vids are Excellent!!:winner_third_h4h::dance_man::dance_man::cheers::cheers::clap::clap::clap:

I’m trying really hard to not be jealous :blink:but I am, telling myself all the time: There will be a next time!:wub2:

There should be a next time..... I remember I was in half despair after Sadlers Wells, thinking we will never experience this atmosphere again because gigs will inevitably get larger and the magic will be gone but the magic was there in non-acoustic setting as well. :blush-anim-cl:

I am quite fussy about sound and have high expectations from live gigs but since the spring he has shown he can improve and / or change his shows on a weekly or even daily basis. I keep saying this but only because it truly amazes me.:blush-anim-cl: ...Take Toy Boy, for example: we have heard 5 completely different versions of this song from him in the last 4 months, each one beautiful in its own right. What it means is that he is not only capable of re-inventing himself and his songs on a regular basis but is also able to adapt to different stages and settings.. So I am looking forward to bigger gigs, too, next year.:thumb_yello:

I think he is on a different and much higher level than he was a year ago. I am glad this break worked for him or whatever worked for him...:teehee:..To me, he was reborn in 2009 as a performer.:wub2:

:pinkbow:

If they were thrown at him while the TV crew were filming, I would imagine he was not amused :thumbdown: .

Cheers,

Id3

They weren't .... :wink2:

He chucked them at Martin and they landed on his arm ... so he played the rest of the song with Sara's boxer's on his arm :lmfao:

Pro :wink2:

Does anyone know what Mika thought of the undies being thrown at him? :teehee:

I have asked couple of times & in a couple of different threads here if it was true that a couple of fans were waving white boxer shorts at Mika.

No one replied.

Did that happen?

They actually threw them at him??

Too Funny!:lmfao::lmfao::woot_jump::clap::thumb_yello:

I have asked couple of times & in a couple of different threads here if it was true that a couple of fans were waving white boxer shorts at Mika.

No one replied.

Did that happen?

They actually threw them at him??

Too Funny!:lmfao::lmfao::woot_jump::clap::thumb_yello:

Honestly can't say I saw any being waved in the air, but saw Sara's being thrown, and John bringing them back to her afterwards.:thumb_yello:

My recollection of this is as follows:

you asked him to say 'The MFC are amazing'.. He took a deep breath and said: "The MFC is ffff.......fierce... but I'm proud of it" and he added later "I don't read it".... and we were all laughing at that in disbelief

I have proof! I've a video where he asked me something like are you mika is magic on the fan club.. I said something like no... i don't think anyone is called that.. then he insisted there was..:roftl: it'd be a good intercut for his disclaimer about reading the MFC...

To be honest, I don't think it was Mika that made any extra effort - the staff were the same as the rest of the venues - in fact one of the security guys was a little bit too loud giving orders around) ... Mika was simply his usual pleasant self - I think this time around it was the quality of people that were in the M&G

it's always the screaming, the pushing, and asking for more that makes it all annoying.. and there was none of that...

I agree, it makes a lot of difference not having ppl screaming nonsense at him etc...and pushing, shoving and stuff.. but I think it was also because Mika was much more relaxed, unlike at the Sadler's Wells gig and from what I can remember of Brixton (not at the after party) he is always rushing.. it's especially clear at the sadler's wells gig cause of one of the videos on youtube.. he specifically said no autographs, just handshakes..until Daz managed to persuade him.. even then he was rushing through the line, until he eases out a bit...

As for the M&G I was pretty much dreading it but it went REALLY well...especially by London standards. We were right at the end of the line because it was a bit crowded towards the front but we were single file along the barrier at the end and there was no pushing or anything. I didn't even realise he was making his way down until he was almost at the end. No screaming or shouting or sounds of commotion, it was really good! I guess it was partly due to the people there, there weren't that manyand everyone seemed nice and calm. There seemed a nice lack of screaming teenagers (not that they're all like that obv. but you know what I mean)

Kinda like when he arrived at the venue. We all saw him walk right infront of where we were all queuing, smile on his face and through the front door and not one person made a move towards him or shouted anything out. We all kinda looked at each other and said, "oh look, Mika's here" and then got on with whatever we were doing

Somehow I don't think next time he does a regular tour it'll be like this, I reckon things will be back to the way they were unfortunately....

I agree, the more ppl there are the worst it'll be.. and the fact that many there that night are 'veteran' Mika gig goers made it what it was... with the new album he'll gain new fans and it will be back to the old way again unfortunately, but for the secret gig in sep, i think it is still safe to assume that a decent M&G is achievable, too bad I won't be there:boxed:... hmm..I really need to reconsider my plans for this year.. maybe I should extend my stay here this year... :naughty:

That's flattering :pinkbow: (:biggrin2:)... and partly agree but it was also the number of people queueing.

Most people in the audience (the i-tunes ticket winners) were non-fans so they wouldn't be queueing for him, whilst the MFCers / other fans were displaying good manners - most of them had already met him, so no first time M&G (:fangurl:) excitement.

I agree..:thumb_yello:

ooo I DOOO hope so, I could accept it being the day affter my bday so there you go ppl I have set the date for him it's FRIDAY 11th SEPTEMBER can someone let him know it's a date

:roftl::roftl: No wonder he thinks we are fffffff.....fierce...

There should be a next time..... I remember I was in half despair after Sadlers Wells, thinking we will never experience this atmosphere again because gigs will inevitably get larger and the magic will be gone but the magic was there in non-acoustic setting as well. :blush-anim-cl:

I am quite fussy about sound and have high expectations from live gigs but since the spring he has shown he can improve and / or change his shows on a weekly or even daily basis. I keep saying this but only because it truly amazes me.:blush-anim-cl: ...Take Toy Boy, for example: we have heard 5 completely different versions of this song from him in the last 4 months, each one beautiful in its own right. What it means is that he is not only capable of re-inventing himself and his songs on a regular basis but is also able to adapt to different stages and settings.. So I am looking forward to bigger gigs, too, next year.:thumb_yello:

I think he is on a different and much higher level than he was a year ago. I am glad this break worked for him or whatever worked for him...:teehee:..To me, he was reborn in 2009 as a performer.:wub2:

So far they haven't this year, apart from Latitude, and hopefully he'll realise -with a little help from his friends, family and fans :wink2: - that he is not a stadium performer :thumbdown: .

I have always thought of him as a brilliant performer, even when I didn't get any proof of it, directly or from utubed gigs, during the long periods of time when he didn't set foot on stage.

I have always trusted him, not because I want to, it just comes naturally. Winter is colder than summer in the Northern hemisphere, rap sucks and Sire is a huge performer :bow: . The few things I am sure about.

Cheers,

Id3

Yes it really amazing to how he can chance and let each show become its best for just that particular audience or venue or situation.

That is what a true musician does. He has so much music in him.:wub2:

About a year and a half a go we were talking about how nice it would be if Mika would make some smaller and even acoustic gigs, it felt like an unreachable dream by then, but now he has done it… with an honour!

It seems to me that he is very perceptive of what his audience needs and wants!

Oh yes, he is a brilliant performer, I agree with all my heart!:wub2:

And he never stops getting better and better.

May I borrow your gaydar :huglove: ? Please :tears: !

Mine has never worked properly and it can lead to most embarrassing situations :shocked::naughty: .

Cheers,

Id3

You are so funny… need any clues on to how to spot a gay man?:naughty:

They weren't .... :wink2:

He chucked them at Martin and they landed on his arm ... so he played the rest of the song with Sara's boxer's on his arm :lmfao:

Pro :wink2:

See, no harm done! He took it as a joke… or as a man!:biggrin2:

I have proof! I've a video where he asked me something like are you mika is magic on the fan club.. I said something like no... i don't think anyone is called that.. then he insisted there was..:roftl: it'd be a good intercut for his disclaimer about reading the MFC...

I agree, it makes a lot of difference not having ppl screaming nonsense at him etc...and pushing, shoving and stuff.. but I think it was also because Mika was much more relaxed, unlike at the Sadler's Wells gig and from what I can remember of Brixton (not at the after party) he is always rushing.. it's especially clear at the sadler's wells gig cause of one of the videos on youtube.. he specifically said no autographs, just handshakes..until Daz managed to persuade him.. even then he was rushing through the line, until he eases out a bit...

I agree, the more ppl there are the worst it'll be.. and the fact that many there that night are 'veteran' Mika gig goers made it what it was... with the new album he'll gain new fans and it will be back to the old way again unfortunately, but for the secret gig in sep, i think it is still safe to assume that a decent M&G is achievable, too bad I won't be there:boxed:... hmm..I really need to reconsider my plans for this year.. maybe I should extend my stay here this year... :naughty:

I agree..:thumb_yello:

:roftl::roftl: No wonder he thinks we are fffffff.....fierce...

There is a mikamagicxx that joined earlier this month, I wonder if that's who he meant?

Honestly can't say I saw any being waved in the air, but saw Sara's being thrown, and John bringing them back to her afterwards.:thumb_yello:

Do you think that could become a trend at his future performances for this new album & this single?

I am also wondering if fans might bring other toys & paraphernalia spotted in the room? - Especially if they don't want to do the boxer shorts thing?

Mika always brings out the "different" factor in all that he does & we his fans eat it right up.

Mika is the conductor & we are his orchestra!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

There is a mikamagicxx that joined earlier this month, I wonder if that's who he meant?

That video was filmed at my first meet & greet - May 2007 :naughty:

Edit- hence my signature from way back then...

Edited by nikjass

Thank you for posting this it's fun to see all the names!

Oh the memories!

You are welcome! usually i forget to take too many pics or even bring my proper camera but this time i did!!!

Omg that flag pic.. My signature on the London part is sooo tiny

good to see eh!! xx

I'm just relieved we had enough room for yesterdays signatures!

There's enough spaces there for the 4 signatures of those going to Bestival, so Mika can just go WILD and sign to his hearts delight it all the other gaps!

Looking good for him Rose!!

haha well he said he LIKED him..... yeah he loved it. his fav bit was when mika said........ f... it he also said how fab the m&g was. think his in love really and also saying how lovely the mfc was :b bless him, dont worry one day he will be posting on here we are one step closer

Hello, did we meet when i came over to speak with laurel? You were very sweet and i hope to chat more next time!!

Yep that's the end of the queue, a lot of those people had already spoken to him, and had got moved down by security away from the gate at the top. We just chatted amongst ourselves waiting for the others, so we weren't hassling him at all. Only time we spoke to him then, was when he was going and he said goodbye.

Yes it does not look like it was but this was the end and everyone was just sooo chilled!!! It was great!!

Hi everyone

I came back from London yesterday, but I had to sleep first before posting a report.

It was just amazing. It was my 4th Mika-gig and one of the best, if you ask me!

We (Celien, Joyce and me) arrived very in London on Friday. We first took some time to see a bit of London and went to the Roundhouse at 3pm. Queueing was very nice ... talking to other MFC members, the cookies and the icecream (we were spoiled by Mika), .

When we've got in, we were on the 4th or 5th row right in front of the piano!

The atmosphere was very good ... I liked WAG live and Doctor John ... but most of all I fell in love with Rain ... it's my new favourite :wub2:. I liked his outfit a lo! His voice was amazing and looked very confident and relaxed!

Afterwards we went to the M&G ... it was very calmed and he came out very quick. It was my second M&G, but I was still very nervous ... he signed me EP and I asked him when he's coming back to Belgium. He sad "very soon". I hope he does ...

Thanks to Celien I now have I picture from me and Mika ... He's looking so sweet on it ... THANK YOU CELIEN

Then we went to our hostel. Yesterday we almost missed our train back ...

I've never done something impulsive and spontaneous, but it was worth it!!! I enjoyed every minute of it!

THANK YOU AGAIN TICKETFAIRY AND EVERYBODY WHO MADE IT POSSIBLE!!!

My pics are on their way!

It was lovely to meet you 3 girls in the queue and i hope we can meet again soon, i love the pictures too!! sorry if i asked you not to push at start i was just concerned in case it happened again as it has many times and we get pushed back!! :wink2: Do you know if any were when he was talking to me as i know we were next to eachother in M and G?

To be honest, I don't think it was Mika that made any extra effort - the staff were the same as the rest of the venues - in fact one of the security guys was a little bit too loud giving orders around) ... Mika was simply his usual pleasant self - I think this time around it was the quality of people that were in the M&G

it's always the screaming, the pushing, and asking for more that makes it all annoying.. and there was none of that...

also, I noticed more men in the Q and the audience than the other gigs that I have been to (except in Beirut it was filled with families and people of all age groups and genders)

I think there was a big number of men in the audience - most were gay and friendly

Totally! Nice to see more guys this time too!!!

Some more pics:

IMG_1604.jpg

Great!!! I was next to Katrien who got her ep signed, am i right?

I wonder if any of these were when talking to me too!!

Thanks xx

That video was filmed at my first meet & greet - May 2007 :naughty:

Edit- hence my signature from way back then...

Sorry, wasn't paying attention:roftl:

Interesting, he thought someone with that name was on, at that time. Unless they left and took their name off after, possibly.