2009 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDS - Mika @ iTunes Festival, London, JUL-31

lollipop_monkey

Here's a little something to redeem myself from causing all this confusion

5600_240669280323_657860323_7888197_4154496_n.jpg

Tht was sooo funny reading all those messags re MI :roftl::teehee:

Anyway you have redeemed yourself Racha as that pic has Mika holding my wee blue gift bag to him!!

Great fun all round and on the terrace having a drink with you!!:biggrin2:

Did he mean since they'd played a proper all out gig? Cos Sadler's Wells was special because it was completely different to what he's done before, but tonight was back to the stuff from a year and a half ago, if you get what I mean?

I think he knows what he meant, even if the rest of us don't. :roftl:

Excuses ... excuses :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

I need to use his blooper to distract MFCers from this whole My interpretation video proof claim

:roftl:

Tht was sooo funny reading all those messags re MI :roftl::teehee:

Anyway you have redeemed yourself Racha as that pic has Mika holding my wee blue gift bag to him!!

Great fun all round and on the terrace having a drink with you!!:biggrin2:

what drink? :mf_rosetinted::roftl: I don't recall drinking anything but water :naughty:

I had a blast last night, those two guys we met were so sweet - one of them got so stressed about me losing my camera...

It was a lovely evening and am glad I got to share it with you :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

I actually have more pics - but did not upload them all...

I need to use his blooper to distract MFCers from this whole My interpretation video proof claim

Hahaha when he said it I turned to my best friend (I drag her along to every gig, bless her heart, she listens to underground punk but she still comes with me, haha) and I was like 'Who was that at Sadler's Wells that we saw?' and she shrugged.

Perhaps he's losing his sanity as well, the SITM/MI thing is nothing compared to forgetting an entire gig.

When he said that, me and Laurel looked at each other and I said "did we imagine Sadlers Wells?":naughty:

:naughty: We said the same or words to that effect! We said NO, last month Mika!!:naughty:

My pics are just uploading:thumb_yello: I haven't been home long.

what drink? :mf_rosetinted::roftl: I don't recall drinking anything but water :naughty:

I had a blast last night, those two guys we met were so sweet - one of them got so stressed about me losing my camera...

It was a lovely evening and am glad I got to share it with you :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

so rasha, what time did you start partying??? :naughty:

just asking... seems your setlist was different then everybody else :lmao::huglove:

Well can't wait to see more, here is another one from my collection!

So glad you had your camera ok!:wink2:

From the RELAXED meeting:wub2: Really covering his painted eye tho!:blush-anim-cl:

310720091340.jpg

it was really great meeting you.. I had a blast with you ladies... and hopefully we will meet again...

you forgot to mention that Mika remembered you - all the way from last year... I thought that was very sweet...

okya... so here's my tiny report... really not much to add - as most have described the night perfectly...

When I arrived I met Kath, Vicky, sarah, jeema and nikjas and we sort of stayed together through out the gig..

you will notice in my videos there is a squeeky soprano voice - and I would like to make it clear that it was not me or any of the ladies who were standing next to me - the tone deaf noise what that of a young man standing behind me and 2 inches away from my right ear...

Mika's performance was great... he was in a "pull -a- show" mood

you have seen the pics and videos by now... so you know all about the new eye make up and white farmers trousers he wore... the stage was filled with glitter and all the ladies son the stage were wearing metal silver - matching the glitter used...

after the show I hung around with the rest of the MFCers.. some had to leave cause they had buses and planes to catch...

we decided to have drinks after the gig - but first had to wait for the short meet and greet outside..

While we were standing we met a lovely "John Smith" bodyguard who was very friendly to us - we saw Andy with sunflower bouquet (which was gorgeous - I mean the bouquet of course)

John came out and he was the polite and always the professional person he is...

and Mika came in really with quietly - so I had no idea he was starting to sign autographs next to me... of course I had nothing for him to sign for me - as I did not really plan to meet him afterwards... so I decided to just thank him for the performance while the ladies with me where getting their stuff signed... and I did thank him - in Lebanese - which I am hoping he did understand - cause he did smile back... oh well.... he could be just being polite... anyways, I thought it was fun to try...

and since I have seen him almost 5 time now - and once in an official meet and greet (end of tour afterparty) and still had no picture of me with him and since he was not overwhelmed with the number of fans around him - I did ask politely if I can take a picture with him - to which he politely declined ...

upclose we could still see the new eye make up look - which i found very cute and theatrical...

shortly after that we left to a nearby bar... had a blast with the ladies from the MFC - arrived back around 3:00 am

will send you the links to all my youtube videos once they are all uploaded..

Didn't think I need to say that.. anyway, I already knew that he recognises me from before so it wasn't a biggie.. anyway, you forgot to mention that you shouted........ Mika's boyfriend when he was just there :naughty::roftl:

Hello!

Again, a very quick hello and it was wonderful from me!!

I've got some nice pics which I'll post later on and a very cute close up of Mika drawing on a certain MFCer! I'll let her tell you first but can happily provide the pictorial evidence!

It was a really GREAT gig and it all went really sweetly .... in the main!

Always some tensions over queues and all that but basically a very happy time was had by me and all around!

Will do a better report later but here is a picture for starters from the outside pre gig flag signing etc!!

Me and Rose

DSCN1746.jpg

Nice picture Vicky, and love your shoes too rose!! It was good to see you again... was nice hanging together.

Wow what a fantastic gig. I was under a kind and fine spell from about 5 seconds into WAG and I just had a fantastic time. I have never been dancing and screaming and singing that much before and I don't really care if I looked like a moron on tv, cause I had a hell of a lot of fun :boing: I have to learn to fly before the next gig though, don't know how else he expected peope to get over that barrier, past security and up on that stage :teehee: Way to go Olga

He is mad!!:boxed: That barrier was too high.. I wanted to get over so badly, but it's impossible...you made it through though.. even though got ushered out.. i did feel sorry for Mika he kept gesturing for ppl to go up..

You got closer to the stage than most of us!

You little fangurl you..."THAT WAS THE BEST GIG EVERRRR!"

I think 5 seconds in he had all of us right where he wanted. Was it just me who kinda missed him even coming on stage? I swear he kinda walked on without anyone noticing (or was that just me being un-observant?)

He came out from our side (the right side of the stage) and after they announced for him he just strolled out while singing..it was quite sudden as WAG has a sudden intro..

I can probably list the songs he sang but I'll get the order wrong...

WAG

Big Girl

SITM

Billy Brown

Dr John

Grace Kelly

Blue Eyes

BIOTG

Rain

Love Today

Relax

Happy Ending

Lollipop

Erm...help someone?

I think that is the full set.. well done!!

I have to admit that the meet and greet was very civilized - I did not see anyone pushing, anyone over taking their time, no screaming, no shouting - lots of joking and smiles... very calm crowd

No hysterical people trying to touch him ...

I actually enjoyed watching the whole M&G and joking around

Yup!! Best meet & greet.. except for when i met him HK.. I had a private m&g then:wub2: Everyone was so relaxed, no pushing or shoving.. in fact we didn't even care that we were not at the barrier did we?..it was also cause of the way it was positioned higher than where Mika stood.. it was perfect..

Guys, as always, thanks so much for the reports, pics and videos

Clockwork Orange look

Dr. John: double

And Rain: triple..And to think that I loathed this song in the beggining, what can I say, I'm fickle

I see that there was a camera crew filming after the innitial two songs. Does anybody know if this will be broadcasted sometime?

He must've revisited Stanley Kubrick's work... it was epic. Absolutely loved the costume! I love this version of rain too...

Here's a little something to redeem myself from causing all this confusion

5600_240669280323_657860323_7888197_4154496_n.jpg

What a way to redeem yourself!:roftl: Btw is that when he was talking to me??

it's ok.. we are not the only confused ones... even mika thought it's been a year and a half since he played in London...

here's another picture

5600_240669285323_657860323_7888198_2341792_n.jpg

Yeah, I was like what?? Did I imagine Sadler's Wells :boxed:

Pictures are great everyone... Tiibet yours are to die for!!

The queue was one of the nicest for ages, warm, sunny, pretty relaxed, toilet access and cafe!!Lovely MFCers to chat too:wub2: Then Mika sent us sugar to keep us going!

Honestly i couldn't hand out all those biscuits and tarts! lolly's were great and i decided mine was pineapple!

Thanks MikA!:wink2:

DSCN1757.jpg

Al my pics of Mika on stage are rubbish :roftl: including a 5 sec video I didn't realise I had taken :roftl:

Three best pics here

Es Devlin arranging the set

picture.php?albumid=38&pictureid=3648

M&G Andy with Sunflowers, Mika in the background

picture.php?albumid=38&pictureid=3649

Mika, holding the gift I gave him (stripey Box)

picture.php?albumid=38&pictureid=3650

:wub2::wub2::wub2:

Maybe most of your other pics are rubbish, but this one is really lovely :wub2:

Thanks - I was too far back to keep the camera steady once he came on, so I'm not surprised or disappointed. I didn't take many - I'd rather just enjoy the show :naughty:

I'm pleased with those three, espcially the last one - proves I was there and didn't dream it :blush-anim-cl:

other side of the flag!

DSCN1747.jpg

I'm just relieved we had enough room for yesterdays signatures!

There's enough spaces there for the 4 signatures of those going to Bestival, so Mika can just go WILD and sign to his hearts delight it all the other gaps!:naughty:

Didn't think I need to say that.. anyway, I already knew that he recognises me from before so it wasn't a biggie.. anyway, you forgot to mention that you shouted........ Mika's boyfriend when he was just there :naughty::roftl:

Oh my god :roftl:

I wanna hear more about this :naughty:

so rasha, what time did you start partying???

just asking... seems your setlist was different then everybody else

I started partying since 3:00 pm yesterday - met a friend in Camden for lunch - followed by some beverages - then Mika - then some random bar in Camden till very late - bless babs (PS babs thank you :wub2:)

and yes, my list is different - cause am special :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Didn't think I need to say that.. anyway, I already knew that he recognises me from before so it wasn't a biggie.. anyway, you forgot to mention that you shouted........ Mika's boyfriend when he was just there

Yup!! Best meet & greet.. except for when i met him HK.. I had a private m&g then:wub2: Everyone was so relaxed, no pushing or shoving.. in fact we didn't even care that we were not at the barrier did we?..it was also cause of the way it was positioned higher than where Mika stood.. it was perfect..

What a way to redeem yourself!:roftl: Btw is that when he was talking to me??

Yeah, I was like what?? Did I imagine Sadler's Wells :boxed:

me? shouting? :mf_rosetinted:::roftl:

I was merely introducing him to the crowd - that's all.... :blush-anim-cl::roftl:

your meet and greet in HK sounds so nice... and yes I think I took this picture when he was talking to you - cause I remember I just finished blabing to him in Lebanese - him rejecting my generous offer to let him take a picture with me :naughty: and then I was thinking if he is not taking a picture with me then I might as well take "a" picture of him - and i think you were next in line and standing a little further back

Sadler's Wells? what Sadler's Wells - I wasn't there... so it sure did not happen... I back Mika on this one :naughty:

Edited by cheshire cat