2009 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDS - Mika @ iTunes Festival, London, JUL-31

lollipop_monkey

Yeah, it DID feel tiny didn't it?

Well, to be fair, this was filmed by my hubby, but the problem was that he was using his mobile phone as we had gone totally unprepared :aah:.

Honestly, thank you for the lovely compliments, but my videos aren't fantastic by any stretch:aah:, I've seen plenty that are much better than mine.

I tend to get carried away and talk/sing too much, or put my finger over the microphone if I get too excited so the sound is muffled, or forget to point the camera at him altogether if something else is happening (like Kata's nosedive during lollipop on Friday, which can be spotted on my video when it starts filming the floor :lmfao:

Haahah cheeky cow!! At least you can tell which song it is on mine, lmao!!!

But that's exactly why I love your vids so much ... cos' it's completely a fan's perspective ... I do generally love the way you film it ... cos' it's kind of spontanious ... and believe me your vids wouldn't be the same without the constant laughing or singing through them .... I do just love them - I pretty much just save yours - but I did save Tiibet's this time as well :thumb_yello:

"Random Andre" was the security guy who was keeping us "in check" whilst we waited for Mika at the end, and Jennie, Nanou and myself had a lot of fun being silly with him. It all started when he made a comment about how bad my singing was, and then we asked him to show us HIS skills, which he obviously wasn't willing to do, so it all sort of degenerated from there.

And later on he was trying to get Jennie's phone number, ahahah!!! Hilarious.

He wasn't very tactful though was he?

Poor guy, I think he really regretted being in charge of our side of the queue :naughty:

oh my... it looks as if i'm putting my finger in my nose on this one (I wasn't, I wasn't, I promise, only scratching it :roftl:)

That was my excuse for this one :naughty:

20551510.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1249335324&Signature=QrumDuyYIUnQqjzrXsv%2FibigD7k%3D

Well, my hair was in my face so I was just moving it when Sara got her phone out and attacked :sneaky2:

But that's exactly why I love your vids so much ... cos' it's completely a fan's perspective ... I do generally love the way you film it ... cos' it's kind of spontanious ... and believe me your vids wouldn't be the same without the constant laughing or singing through them .... I do just love them - I pretty much just save yours - but I did save Tiibet's this time as well :thumb_yello:

Oooh thanks Laurel, I'm glad that people enjoy them so much; It makes it worth it:huglove:

Poor guy, I think he really regretted being in charge of our side of the queue :naughty:

It was getting late and he was getting desperate...plus he didn't seem the smoothest pne around either :roftl:.

Re the last sentence, I think that at least we relieved the boredom that looking at a bunch of fans must cause these guys :naughty:

:naughty:oh Jennie, how do you always manage that? :roftl::roftl:

She's Da Heartzbreaker :thumb_yello:

:roftl: it was pretty hilarious!! poor André!! asked nothing and found himself in front of three crazy MFCers asking him to sing :aah:

The way he insisted on getting Jennie's phone number was quite funny!!!

poor, poor André. he must be totally schocked now :naughty:

:roftl: it was pretty hilarious!! poor André!! asked nothing and found himself in front of three crazy MFCers asking him to sing :aah:

The way he insisted on getting Jennie's phone number was quite funny!!!

poor, poor André. he must be totally schocked now :naughty:

Well, I don't know how you class "asking nothing", but he did tell me that my singing was horrible so I felt that I had the right to ask him to sing and see if his was any better :naughty:

Well, I don't know how you class "asking nothing", but he did tell me that my singing was horrible so I felt that I had the right to ask him to sing and see if his was any better :naughty:

and you were completelly right!! otherwise we won't have any random andré video to laugh at :roftl:

juts watched the vid jennie's made! I thought she only filmed the end of the persecution... what a great surpise to see the entire "andré show" :aah:

(btw I watched the "boxer tradgedy" too :naughty: excuse my bag obstruction of your video :wink2: I think i was just getting a bit nervous you see :blush-anim-cl:)

and you were completelly right!! otherwise we won't have any random andré video to laugh at :roftl:

juts watched the vid jennie's made! I thought she only filmed the end of the persecution... what a great surpise to see the entire "andré show" :aah:

(btw I watched the "boxer tradgedy" too :naughty: excuse my bag obstruction of your video :wink2: I think i was just getting a bit nervous you see :blush-anim-cl:)

Oooh I didn't know that Jennie posted her video!! I need to watch that :aah:

Another review is in:

Hugely entertaining show from Mika

By Rick Pearson, Evening Standard 03.08.09 More reviews by Rick Pearson

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/music/gig-23415184-details/Mika/gigReview.do?reviewId=23727257

"Throughout, Mika’s voice was outstanding."

There's a thread on the review here--

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19182

Edited by A. Clay

Ahe ehem, could it be my video that you're talking about? This one?

Or did Jennie also post one that I can't find? :blink:

Ahe ehem, could it be my video that you're talking about? This one?

Or did Jennie also post one that I can't find? :blink:

hem... it might probably be.... sorry :teehee:

but it was jennie who was filming isn't it?? (trying as I can to find an excuse :aah:)

but it was jennie who was filming isn't it?? (trying as I can to find an excuse :aah:)

Hah, I haven't uploaded mine yet.. I have about 10 minutes of it :naughty: Mine was from the opposite angle :wink2:

Jennie filmed Andre with her camera, like I did with mine, and then later she used my camera to film the boxers rejection while I spoke to Mika - That is where the confusion came from I guess? :biggrin2:

Hah, I haven't uploaded mine yet.. I have about 10 minutes of it :naughty: Mine was from the opposite angle :wink2:

oooooooh can't wait to see it :roftl: (haha the more I think of him, the more it seems that poor andré will stay in my mind for a long time :naughty:)

and sorry for the confusion Sarah :blink:

Jennie filmed Andre with her camera, like I did with mine, and then later she used my camera to film the boxers rejection while I spoke to Mika - That is where the confusion came from I guess? :biggrin2:

Yeah, I got confused when I saw your video because I didn't even realise you were filming! And When I got on the tube I had a moment of panic when I though I'd given you my camera and taken yours back instead :naughty: Oh and it ddn't break when I dropped it on the floor :thumb_yello:

oooooooh can't wait to see it :roftl: (haha the more I think of him, the more it seems that poor andré will stay in my mind for a long time :naughty:)

and sorry for the confusion Sarah :blink:

Don't be silly, it doesn't matter :naughty:, it's just that I thought I'd missed Jennie's video and I wanted to see it, that's all :biggrin2:

Yeah, I got confused when I saw your video because I didn't even realise you were filming! And When I got on the tube I had a moment of panic when I though I'd given you my camera and taken yours back instead :naughty: Oh and it ddn't break when I dropped it on the floor :thumb_yello:

:lmfao: It's confusing ME now just reading about it haha. Good job that the cam didn't break :thumb_yello:, I was horrified when it fell.

Don't be silly, it doesn't matter :naughty:, it's just that I thought I'd missed Jennie's video and I wanted to see it, that's all :biggrin2:

I know it doesn't :biggrin2: i'm always appologising for everything :thumb_yello:

you can ask olga, I've spend the entire week-end saying I was sorry... to such an extend that she started doing it too and it becam kind of a joke between us :roftl:

happy to see that the camera didn't break... I hadn't even notice that it fell :blush-anim-cl:

Good job that the cam didn't break :thumb_yello:, I was horrified when it fell.

Its survived much worse. At Brixton it fell as I was climbing on stage and got left behind on the floor in the crowd while I was up on stage and it took me about 20 mins to find it again on the floor after the gig! Not even a scratch on it :naughty: Good ol' Canon's:thumb_yello:

August 3, 2009

Mika at Roundhouse, NW1

"The old hits provided the biggest highs in a set that barely stopped for breath"

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/live_reviews/article6737181.ece

“'See you in September,' shouted Mika on his exit.

By then, you won’t be able to avoid him."

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19181

Edited by A. Clay

Gee that took me a long time to read! Thanks everyone for the vids, pics and reports. Just one thing I want to comment on...

About that: Mirtilla asked about Holy Johnny. It seems Mika had completely forgotten about this song lol. So Mirtilla suggested he could put it on one of the singles and he thought it was an idea ^^

I don't think anyone commented on this but thanks for posting it! I'm so pleased that someone put the idea of HJ being a b-side on one of the singles into his head. I LOVE that song. Let's just hope he actually does it!

August 3, 2009

Mika at Roundhouse, NW1

"The old hits provided the biggest highs in a set that barely stopped for breath"

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/live_reviews/article6737181.ece

“'See you in September,' shouted Mika on his exit.

By then, you won’t be able to avoid him."

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19181

:biggrin2:

I haven't read a word of this thread yet - I will - but for once I'm going to make an exception and write a report about last friday's gig.

Here it is:

:swoon:

Yes, it was just like that :thumb_yello: I have really happy memories from acoustic gigs, and I had thought nothing will ever be as wonderful as them. This was different, but wonderful :wub2: He is SO talented. And it was special to see WAG and Dr. John live. I was next to Babs, and I told her several times during the show "He is so perfect!" "This is so amazing!" etc. I couldn't help myself :roftl: And she always answered, YES, YES! :biggrin2:

Honestly, thank you for the lovely compliments, but my videos aren't fantastic by any stretch:aah:, I've seen plenty that are much better than mine.

I tend to get carried away and talk/sing too much, or put my finger over the microphone if I get too excited so the sound is muffled, or forget to point the camera at him altogether if something else is happening (like Kata's nosedive during lollipop on Friday, which can be spotted on my video when it starts filming the floor :lmfao:

Sara, your vids are wonderful, I love that I can hear singing and dancing and laughing in them :wub2: and you always have them ALL :thumb_yello: I never film everything, and this time many of my vids were totally ruined. I don't know what happened, I had only a small piece of BB and Rain, which both I wanted to film. And I usually never film he first song, It comes so quickly, and this time it was WAG! So thank you!! :wub2: