• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess what!

I've applied for tickets to the show!

Alan and I have decided to go to Blackpool

for the weekend anyway! We love Blackpool!

We've booked into a guest house for the 5th-7th

Hope to have fun... and to see some MFCers there

And hope to see a great guy @ The Winter garden.

Guess what!

Good for you:thumb_yello:

Blackpools a lovely place to visit anyway, seeing Mika will be a bonus.

:naughty: I need to think. Plus I have no one to go with. I won't go alone.

Hey sarah, you're from Manchester! You can go with us! We've booked into The Phoenix Guest House on Cocker st

http://www.phoenixblackpool.com

And we'll be getting the train from Piccadilly.

PM me if you want to come with us, or if anyone else wants to join the party from Manchester.

Guess what!

:yay:

Even if you don't win tickets, you'll still be close to Mika :biggrin2:. Good luck and fingers crossed I see you there!

And I'll check oout the guest house, just speculatively!

:yay:

Even if you don't win tickets, you'll still be close to Mika :biggrin2:. Good luck and fingers crossed I see you there!

And I'll check oout the guest house, just speculatively!

Hope to see you there! It's so great to maybe get to see Mika, nearer to home than London! That guest house is really reasonable too! And if we don't get tickets, at least blackpool is fun and there will be lots of Mika fans there to see.

Hey sarah, you're from Manchester! You can go with us! We've booked into The Phoenix Guest House on Cocker st

http://www.phoenixblackpool.com

And we'll be getting the train from Piccadilly.

PM me if you want to come with us, or if anyone else wants to join the party from Manchester.

Thank you :wub2:

I've applied for tickets.

thx for the heads up, no never heard about it.

no direct links for manchester, and sadly no under 14 y.o. admitted. if I won a ticket, I'd toyed with the idea of finally taking one fo the kids with me. :teehee:

I'm not sure whether I should apply..

EDIT: I actually weakend and tried to apply :blush-anim-cl: , but it doesn't let you choose the country (at least, I didn't see it..) so I think it's for UK people (once again.. :sneaky2:) only..

Edited by avoca

omg, cant believe it i have just heard MIKA is coming to my home town Blackpool im soo excited :roftl::roftl: lol.

Mika will be performing at radio 2 big switch on weekend (blackpool illumination switch on) which will be held on Saturday 5th september at the empress ballroom, winter gardens.

=) the tickets are free and are chosen at random 2 to every household. I am trying deseperately to get a ticket because this will be my first time in 3 years of being a fan i have never had a oppurtunity to see him... well on fri 31st july i won tickets to see him at the itunes festival but it was impossible to get down there from blackpool when they sent me the email at like 3pm and you had to be there at 20:15 plus i was still at work, so missed oppurtunity i was soo upset.

Anyway i will post the link below of how to get the tickets they are limited to 1,250(or something like that lol) so good luck... fingers crossed i get a ticket:thumb_yello:

just editied this cos there has already been a thread posted lol oh well =)

is poss if people get tickets if we all meet up, i would love to meet you guys:roftl:

heres the link;

http://shows.external.bbc.co.uk/:thumb_yello:

Edited by mikalove=)
thread already posted

Haven't been since I delivered there 3 years ago, not much time for sightseeing then:naughty:

Be great to go back.

Are the illuminations on by then, or is that October?

no its the weekend mika is playing to switch the illuminations on =)

thx for the heads up, no never heard about it.

no direct links for manchester, and sadly no under 14 y.o. admitted. if I won a ticket, I'd toyed with the idea of finally taking one fo the kids with me. :teehee:

I'm not sure whether I should apply..

EDIT: I actually weakend and tried to apply :blush-anim-cl: , but it doesn't let you choose the country (at least, I didn't see it..) so I think it's for UK people (once again.. :sneaky2:) only..

I think that this time it "really" is for Uk people only.

Last time I saw the illuminations was in 2004... decided to drive to Blackpool with a friend in my delapitated Mini to see them...sadlt it was 3am and nobody told us they turned them of at night!!! Lol! Oh the memories of driving along looking at them not lit up! No traffic at all! :roftl:

im sooo excited even if i dont get tickets which i hope i will... i could meet up with you anyway would love to meet you all we could go to the pleasure beach or something... its funny when you live here like me :teehee: you hardly visit any of the tourist attractions lol

Is there an airport at Blackpool?

So , the guesthouse is fine and cheap , above all for a family room.

I am thinking about because i must be at Paris for Coldplay....

Ah Mika....i am so disturbed..

Yes there is an airport at Blackppol, I don't know how many international flights land there but plenty go from London I'm told.

im sooo excited even if i dont get tickets which i hope i will... i could meet up with you anyway would love to meet you all we could go to the pleasure beach or something... its funny when you live here like me :teehee: you hardly visit any of the tourist attractions lol

Lol that's so true!

I live in Lancaster so I'll be there whether I get tickets or not, even if it's just to say a quick hi to Mika! Would love to meet up with everyone :)

Guys, I just wanted to point out that in order to apply for tickets you need to have a valid UK address, and they physically mail the tickets to you a few days before the gig if you are a winner. It would be a waste if people from everywhere start applying just for the sake of it, when it's sure that they will not get the tickets, and it might ruin the chances for other people (who live nearby, have a UK address and can go).

I'd say think about it....He's also playing Bestival in September, which is also in the UK, and has no restrictions. Blackpool is about as costly and/or difficult to get to as the Isle Of Wight more or less, so I guess that it's something to be considered. Also, this gig will be short (Mika being one of 4 acts) and he's also doing a festival in Sweden in August.

Is there an airport at Blackpool?

So , the guesthouse is fine and cheap , above all for a family room.

I am thinking about because i must be at Paris for Coldplay....

Ah Mika....i am so disturbed..

yes there is an airport in blackpool:wink2: