2009 - "Hugh Jackman recruits Mika for P.T. Barnum movie musical"

iadoremika

Oohh...here's more!

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2009/08/hugh-jackman-to-sing-and-dance-to-the-tune-of-mika-in-the-greatest-showman-on-earth.php

Hugh Jackman to sing and dance to the tune of Mika in The Greatest Showman On Earth

By Paul on August 4, 2009 9:05 AM | No Comments | No TrackBacks

Australian actor Hugh Jackman has signed on to star in new movie THE GREATEST SHOWMAN ON EARTH, a musical where he will play American showman P.T. Barnum.

Barnum was a showman with a penchant for hoaxing a gullible public as he creates the three-ring circus that made him famous. The musical also focuses on his infatuation with singer Jenny Lind -- the so-called Swedish Nightingale. Trade paper Variety says that it will also feature a contemporary musical score, and the studio is said to be in talks with British singer-songwriter Mika to write the music and lyrics for the film.

Anne Hathaway is said to be being lined up to play the female lead, Jenny Lind.

Jackman will produce with DREAMGIRLS producer Laurence Mark and John Palermo.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's going to if I have anything to say about it. :naughty:

Now is one of those times I feel Twitter harassment is appropriate. :fisch:

:lmfao: Can just imagine Mika logging on to his twitter site ... and finding loads of *Do the bloody Musical* posts .... :wink2:

:naughty:

Wow. :shocked:

Thanks for finding/posting!:thumb_yello:

But has Mika said "yes" and accepted?

Now is one of those rare times I feel Twitter harassment is appropriate. :fisch:

Now is one of those rare times I feel Twitter harassment is appropriate. :fisch:

I just quoted that ... and now it's after my posted quote ... freaky twilight zone moment :naughty:

This is fantastic!

And Hugh Jackman is no fool, if he didn't think Mika was up to it he wouldn't have picked him to do it. And I find it insulting that just because he's not a big name in the States, that this person thinks it was a bad choice. What, you have to be big there now to have any talent? In my opinion, they are the blind ones for not recognising it. So I hope he writes a blistering score now, and make them sit up and take notice!

The only thing that does concern me, is that it's coming now, as he's about to embark on the new album release. LICM took up most of his time in 2007/08, and with more places to tour this time, I hope he's going to pace himself.

This is fantastic!

And Hugh Jackman is no fool, if he didn't think Mika was up to it he wouldn't have picked him to do it. And I find it insulting that just because he's not a big name in the States, that this person thinks it was a bad choice. What, you have to be big there now to have any talent? In my opinion, they are the blind ones for not recognising it. So I hope he writes a blistering score now, and make them sit up and take notice!

The only thing that does concern me, is that it's coming now, as he's about to embark on the new album release. LICM took up most of his time in 2007/08, and with more places to tour this time, I hope he's going to pace himself.

I hope he does too ... don't want a sick Mika again .... :no::thumbdown:

what good news...a musical!!! heard mana?:wink2:

but the comment is so cruel...:blink:

i hope mika denies them all and writes a wonder!

:sneaky2:

Such great news! :biggrin2: And another in the dutch press as well (more positive tho:teehee:).

http://hollywood.blog.nl/hollywood-filmnieuws/2009/08/04/jackman-hathaway-en-mika-in-de-circuspiste

Jackman, Hathaway en Mika in de circuspiste

3787626215_ea14bc10a1.jpg

Hugh Jackman en Anne Hathaway gaan de hoofdrollen spelen in de filmmusical The Greatest Showman on Earth, over het leven van de legendarische Amerikaanse circusdirecteur P.T. Barnum. De Wolverine-acteur speelt de titelrol van Barnum, die halverwege de 19e eeuw drie circuspistes in één tent aan zijn publiek voorschotelde. Hathaway zou de rol spelen van de Zweedse zangeres Jenny Lind spelen, waar Barnum verliefd op was.

3788493714_ff66e92773.jpg

De twee Hollywood sterren hebben tijdens het openingsnummer van de Oscars dit jaar al laten zien chemie met elkaar te hebben. Tijdens dit nummer zongen en dansten Jackman en Hathaway voor de eerste keer samen. En die vonk hopen ze nu ook op het witte doek over te brengen. En voor de popliefhebbers onder ons is er nog meer goed nieuws: de moderne liedjes die in de film te horen zullen zijn, worden geschreven door niemand minder dan popsensatie Mika! Dat belooft dus wat.

Wanneer The Greatest Showman on Earth, die nog zonder regisseur zit, in première gaat is nog niet bekend. Maar ik denk niet eerder dan 2012.

Translation:

Jackman, Hathaway and Mika in the circus arena

Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway will play the main roles in the musical film 'The Greatest showman on Earth', about the life of the legendary U.S. circus director PT Barnum. The Wolverine actor plays the title role of Barnum, who presented 3 scenes to his audience in one tent. Hathaway would play the role of the Swedish singer Jenny Lind play, where Barnum was in love with.

The two Hollywood stars showed off their chemistry already during the opening number of the Oscars this year. During this song, Jackman and Hathaway sang and danced for the first time. And they're hoping to transfer this spark to the big screen now. To the pop-lovers among us there's even more good news: the modern songs in the film will be written by none other than pop sensation Mika! This promises a lot!

When The Greatest showman on Earth will premiere is not known yet. It's still without a director. But I think no earlier than 2012.

-----------------------------

2012? No director yet? :teehee: I wouldn't worry ;)

Edited by Droopsy

Oh that's Anne Hathaway ... I recognised the name but couldn't place the actress ... she was in the Princess Diaries wasn't she :) I like those films :wub2:

And The Devil Wears Prada, she was great in that with Meryl Streep.

2012? No director yet? :teehee: I wouldn't worry ;)

I think they should probably get a screenplay and a score first before they worry too much about the director. :naughty:

This movie is probably several years away.

This is fantastic!

I just hope it doesn't interfere with his touring schedule, considering he's now said he'll come here!! Mika, do your tour first, have a break then work on the musical:thumb_yello:

And The Devil Wears Prada, she was great in that with Meryl Streep.

I love that movie.:biggrin2: And the movie where I first found out she could sing was Ella Enchanted. It might not be a brilliant movie, but it was good family fun and I was impressed with her voice.

I think they should probably get a screenplay and a score first before they worry too much about the director. :naughty:

This movie is probably several years away.

Agreed :teehee:

I think Hathaway and Jackman are going to be an awesome duo for a musical.. I think this deserves to be mentioned :mf_rosetinted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POmD7Ovje2Y&feature=related

Pay special attention to the golden pants, oh yes, he's golden:mf_rosetinted:

I thought he said in the BBC interview that he would never write a musical:blink:

Anyway, I don't like the tone:sneaky2:

He said he wouldn't star in it if I recall correctly, not that he wouldn't write one.

I thought he said in the BBC interview that he would never write a musical:blink:

Anyway, I don't like the tone:sneaky2:

Thankyou! I was sure I'd heard recently him say that he wouldn't write a musical but I couldn't remember where I'd heard it.

He said he wouldn't star in it if I recall correctly, not that he wouldn't write one.

No I'm positive it was about writing one because the interviewer said something like: So you won't be the new Andrew Loyd Webber

Agreed :teehee:

I think Hathaway and Jackman are going to be an awesome duo for a musical.. I think this deserves to be mentioned :mf_rosetinted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POmD7Ovje2Y&feature=related

Pay special attention to the golden pants, oh yes, he's golden:mf_rosetinted:

OMG!

The standing on the piano, the gold trousers, the waist winding!

I get the feeling Mika watched this a fair bit before making the video!:roftl::roftl::roftl:

I really think Mika will do a good job writing a musical score, his songwriting style suits the musical treatment, big tunes, memorable choruses and storytelling lyrics etc etc. Lyrically yes I do agree with Christine, he'd need to collaborate as he still isn't quite there yet even though he's improving all the time. Otherwise.. I look forward to it (whilst hoping it IS a few years away yet!).

As for the dismissive tone of the writer of this article toward Mika.. may he eat his words with knobs on :sneaky2:

I really think Mika will do a good job writing a musical score, his songwriting style suits the musical treatment, big tunes, memorable choruses and storytelling lyrics etc etc. Lyrically yes I do agree with Christine, he'd need to collaborate as he still isn't quite there yet even though he's improving all the time. Otherwise.. I look forward to it (whilst hoping it IS a few years away yet!).

As for the dismissive tone of the writer of this article toward Mika.. may he eat his words with knobs on :sneaky2:

Oooh, painful!:fish: But warranted:mf_rosetinted::naughty: