2009 - "Hugh Jackman recruits Mika for P.T. Barnum movie musical"

iadoremika

if it just ends up the timing is off it could still happen.

First I have to say I believe that Mika would do this project brilliantly!

As far as timing these movie deals end up being pushed back a lot of times.

I am hoping that it sits for a couple of years then Mika would be ready - if he wants to do it that is - Mika, the movie & we would all prosper & be better if he undertakes this incredible opportunity & risk.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika to write Hugh Jackman musical

PA Entertainment

Mika said he's been approached to write a Hugh Jackman musical

Mika has claimed that he is in talks to pen a new musical, starring Hugh Jackman.

"I've been approached by Fox Studios to write the new Hugh Jackman musical - serious - and I've been approached by one of the big animation houses to create a character-based project," he told Heat.

"Movie people are my biggest supporters," added the singer whose new album, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, is available now. Mika also confessed all about his reckless past, saying: "I was very good at being bad. I'd sneak out of my house at 3am in the morning to hang out with people who were too old - I used to go to this club every Monday, put on some guyliner, party it down."

"I always got caught, though. I was doing things I shouldn't have been doing. And I'm glad I did it then, because now I've stayed sane. I'm kind of over it.

I don't see the point now."

The 26-year-old - real name Michael Penniman - added: "When I was 16 or 17, my mum was like, 'You're either going to end up in jail or famous. You make your mind up.' And I was like, 'Oh, that's an easy choice!'"

http://musicnews.virginmedia.com/entertainment/news/music/2009/09/22/mika_to_write_hugh_jackman_musical

hahahhahhahahhaha

:roftl:

thanks for posting!

glad to read this! :thumb_yello:

PA Entertainment

Mika has claimed that he is in talks to pen a new musical, starring Hugh Jackman.

"I've been approached by Fox Studios to write the new Hugh Jackman musical - serious - and I've been approached by one of the big animation houses to create a character-based project," he told Heat.

"Movie people are my biggest supporters," added the singer whose new album, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, is available now. Mika also confessed all about his reckless past, saying: "I was very good at being bad. I'd sneak out of my house at 3am in the morning to hang out with people who were too old - I used to go to this club every Monday, put on some guyliner, party it down."

"I always got caught, though. I was doing things I shouldn't have been doing. And I'm glad I did it then, because now I've stayed sane. I'm kind of over it.

The 26-year-old - real name Michael Penniman - added: "When I was 16 or 17, my mum was like, 'You're either going to end up in jail or famous. You make your mind up.' And I was like, 'Oh, that's an easy choice!'"

http://musicnews.virginmedia.com/entertainment/news/music/2009/09/22/mika_to_write_hugh_jackman_musical

:lmfao: awesome! :lmfao:

PA Entertainment

If this is something to do with the Mubbins, I'll be a very happy penguin!

I want a Mubbin!:teehee:

PA Entertainment

I'll add that to the first post. :thumb_yello:

I'm really curious to see how it would turn out should he do it.

Holy crap. I didn't even read the whole article. There's a shout out to my great great great great great grandma in there. Lol! For real! Jenny Lind, the Swedish Nightingale. I forgot about her thing with PT Barnum... I wrote like a 15 page research paper on her like two years ago.

SERIOUSLY!?! :shocked: WOW!! That is so cool!! (I'm Swedish btw :roftl:)

Jenny Lind :biggrin2:

_Femtiolapp.jpg

Well it says in the new Swedish interview thread, that he has declined it. I did have a feeling he had, because he didn't mention it in any of the interviews I've read. I'm disappointed, but on the other hand, he's better off not trying to do too much. It would put him under a lot of stress, and maybe make him ill. He has admitted in that interview that the pressure got too much. I had suspected that in 2008, when people kept asking him about his next album, that he was worried about whether he could do another album as good as LICM.

But he's doing great, his snippets of the album are sounding sooooo good, and I'm so happy with the way things are going right now, and with his record company trying hard to break him in America, there's a lot to be happy about!

Would someone please be so kind and give me a link to this? I don't seem to find it.. :flowers2:

Q:

"Speaking of visuals, you're reportedly doing the soundtrack for Hugh Jackman's upcoming PT Barnum musical, The Greatest Showman on Earth.

Can you tell us about that?"

A:

"I've been approached by Fox, and I'm still considering it.

I would treat it just like writing an album."

Ref:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2009/09/mika_on_his_new_album_his_seco.html

2nd to last Q.

Edited by A. Clay

Q:

"Speaking of visuals, you're reportedly doing the soundtrack for Hugh Jackman's upcoming PT Barnum musical, The Greatest Showman on Earth.

Can you tell us about that?"

A:

"I've been approached by Fox, and I'm still considering it.

I would treat it just like writing an album."

But he also was heard in an interview last week saying he turned it down, because his own show is his musical (see Japanese thread)

• 3 weeks later...

On The Download: Mika

. . . His songwriting and eclectic sounds have even gotten Broadway’s attention. Mika revealed that he might even compose the score to the upcoming musical

“The Greatest Showman on Earth” starring Hugh Jackman.

“I’ve been approached and it sounds really cool and we’ll see,” he said . . .

http://www.accesshollywood.com/on-the-download-mika_article_23974

Edited by A. Clay

• 3 years later...
Today I found this , the upcoming movie news, and it says Mika is in charge of Music of this musical movie. Did it turn out to be real already?

Please please please nice God let it be true!

At this point in his career this is just what Mika ought to do. As a popstar, he's at the whim of too many people, like DJs, who may, or probably may not, play his singles. If they don't get played, they don't chart, simple as.

If he'd been getting #1 singles all over the place and his album was multi-platinum this project wouldn't matter. But none of this is happening. I've said before he could be even better than the great Andrew Lloyd Webber (he's certainly much better looking too) and I think tbh, one thing that's holding him back with airplay on the usual radio stations is that his amazing musicality is too good for the pop charts and would suit big musicals instead, and that's one reason why it's not getting the usual airplay. If that makes sense to all of you. So I really really hope this is true!

Today I found this , the upcoming movie news, and it says Mika is in charge of Music of this musical movie. Did it turn out to be real already?

Where did you see this? I can't find any news about it since 2009. I can't believe it's been 3.5 years. Seems like just yesterday. :aah:

Where did you see this? I can't find any news about it since 2009. I can't believe it's been 3.5 years. Seems like just yesterday. :aah:

Hugh Jackman's THE GREATEST SHOWMAN ON EARTH Gets a Director

http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/8/17/hugh-jackmans-the-greatest-showman-on-earth-gets-a-director.html

&

Michael Gracey To Direct Hugh Jackman Musical

'The Greatest Showman On Earth'

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/michael_gracey_to_direct_hugh_jackman_musical_the_greatest_showman_on_earth#.UOh-DI3wj30.twitter

Edited by A. Clay

Looks like they are basing it on the same rumours from 2009. I found an entry on IMDB but there's no more information. :dunno:

hugh-jackman-pt-barnum-slice-01.jpg

Michael Gracey to Direct P.T. Barnum Biopic THE GREATEST SHOWMAN ON EARTH Starring Hugh Jackman » Coll [...] http://collider.com/greatest-showman-on-earth-michael-gracey/109837/

images.jpeg

Michael Gracey Takes

The Greatest Showman on Earth http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=81155

via @comingsoonnet

From what I've been reading, it's not unheard of for film projects

to be in planning/development for up to to 10 years,

BUT the situation described in the following IS unusual :

Disney Puts a Hold on ORDER OF THE SEVEN

» Collider #Hawk Ostby #Mark Fergus #Michael Gracey

#Order of [...] http://collider.com/order-of-seven-on-hold/168054/

ORDER OF THE SEVEN WAS TO HAVE BEEN FILMED PRIOR TO FILMING

THE GREATEST SHOWMAN ON EARTH

http://www.impactonline.co/news/758-disney-cancels-snowy-seven-samurai

&

This from a year ago :

Hugh Jackman isn’t just one of the classier acts around Hollywood (see: his “surprise” appearance at Comic-Con 2011), he’s also one of the busiest.

If all goes according to plan, Jackman will appear in the delayed Wolverine 2 (a.k.a. The Wolverine), followed by a turn in Tom Hooper’s adaptation of the Les Misérables musical – and, some time thereafter, portray famed showman P.T. Barnum in the musical biopic The Greatest Showman On Earth.

Edited by A. Clay