Meet Up in Blackpool 5th Sept

kt4mika

theres afew of us who are meeting up in blackpool on the 5th sept. even if we dont win tickets. do the rides then dinner. then wait for mika 'outside' :wink2: please could you let us know if you want to meet up? thank you :biggrin2:

From angelcakes

Just looking through the threads and no-one seems to have picked up on this thread in Members Only discussions, so I thought I'd re-start it.

Mikalove=) and myself are both from Blackpool, and thought, along with some other members (kt4mika I think it was) that even if we don't get tickets we could meet up anyway, have a day in Blackpool, go on the Pleasure Beach, for a meal etc and then perhaps wait outside to catch a glimpse of our lovely Mika.

Sadly I don't do rides, but I'm sure others will do.

I did have a suggestion for food though. We could go here:

http://www.westcoastrock.co.uk/

Its literally across the road from the winter gardens. Of course its popular and on illuminations night it'll probably get snapped up quick for a party, but its a thought.

Function rooms are free, but you have to have so many per head for a buffet to book them. Otherwise just turn up and hope they have room.

It was just a thought.....

Feel free to add names and ideas

Edited by FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

theres afew of us who are meeting up in blackpool on the 5th sept. even if we dont win tickets. do the rides then dinner. then wait for mika 'outside' :wink2: please could you let us know if you want to meet up? thank you :biggrin2:

Found it thanks lol... You know I'm in:thumb_yello:

I'm thinking maybe this isn't the best section for this thread, Katie -- maybe

that's why you're not getting any responses.

I'm going to move it for you and see if that helps :thumb_yello:

Just looking through the threads and no-one seems to have picked up on this thread in Members Only discussions, so I thought I'd re-start it.

Mikalove=) and myself are both from Blackpool, and thought, along with some other members (kt4mika I think it was) that even if we don't get tickets we could meet up anyway, have a day in Blackpool, go on the Pleasure Beach, for a meal etc and then perhaps wait outside to catch a glimpse of our lovely Mika.

Sadly I don't do rides, but I'm sure others will do.

I did have a suggestion for food though. We could go here:

http://www.westcoastrock.co.uk/

Its literally across the road from the winter gardens. Of course its popular and on illuminations night it'll probably get snapped up quick for a party, but its a thought.

Function rooms are free, but you have to have so many per head for a buffet to book them. Otherwise just turn up and hope they have room.

It was just a thought.....

Feel free to add names and ideas

It is, but if you see at the bottom there was a comment about people not being able to find it. So I put it somewhere more noticable.

Sorry, did I do wrong :blush-anim-cl:

My bad :blink:

Noooo silly :roftl:

Just duplicate threads get kinda confusing .. and we end up with lots of confusing Blackpool threads

Dunno - its got the link on for the restaurant so yeah go on then use this one !

Don't want to put kt4mika's nose out of joint though for ditching her thread for mine :blush-anim-cl::wink2:

<<<scared>>>

:roftl: dont be silly im glad you all stepped. im still new :blush-anim-cl: and not very good at it all still :teehee: but like the sound of the room and that :thumb_yello: we need to sort out where and when we are meeting. and as im in essex anyone who would like to get the train up with me just let me know. :biggrin2:

Alan and I will meet you guys, and if we don't get tickets (which I think we are not) and we are going for a meal together, we're happy to send a deposit or whatever (It would be a cheque because we don't use paypal) I think it's a great idea to do the pleasure beach, then have dinner, then go and find that guy Mika, when he's done his show.

I'll keep on checking the thread to learn any more details.

We're coming on the train from Manchester, Saturday morning. Anyone else from Manchester is welcome to travel with us. We'll just need to know where to meet everyone when we get to Blackpool and we'll have to make certain we book into our guest house at 2pm.

OMFG! BE CAREFUL PEOPLE!!!!!!!! This is NOT a joke

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6792903.ece

More than 30 people were rescued by firefighters last night after a collision between two cars on the Big Dipper rollercoaster in Blackpool.

The cars were 6m (20ft) above the ground when one rammed into the other at 7.45pm, causing 32 people to be evacuated.

Two were trapped until they were freed by firemen from Lancashire Fire and Rescue. The fire brigade transported the victims down from the ride, on the South Shore of Blackpool, using stretchers, spine boards and neck collars.

Some 21 people were taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital, three of whom were carried on stretchers. The most seriously injured people are believed to have broken noses, whiplash and cuts and bruises.

An investigation into the cause of the crash will be conducted by the Health and Safety Executive.

The Big Dipper, a wooden rollercoaster, opened in 1923.