Interview in German magazine "Jetzt"

mellody

Aww, that's so sad. I've got a friend who's just like that - he's a great person, a fantastic "catch" - but almost always single because he's so shy, and so bone terrified of rejection - terrified to the point of being relationship-paralyzed. :tears:

(Oh and he's a Mika fan, too, if anyone is interested. :das:)

Does Mika still truly believe that any given object of his desire would react terribly to his interest? I wonder, and if so, why he still feels that way.

I've had this theory that Mika might be slow to warm to people, but when he does, he likes to hold onto them long-term. This comment sort of implies that, IMHO.

Eww!:aah:

I can sort of understand, though. I usually wake up too groggy to cook, yet too ravenous not to forage for something. I'm sure I've eaten fish and broccoli for breakfast before. :roftl:

I didn't know you were in South Korea! When was this?

I'm listening, if you'd like to share... and I'm sure others are, too. :huglove:

Well I'll say it...

Here it is:

Ok I need to let this out...As ridiculous as it is.:aah:

The description of I See You makes me so sad. I know how it's like. And I hate to know that someone else feels that way too.

When I see someone and find them attractive or just see the way they act and think they're nice... I don't have the courage to talk. I just stare. I can't go up to a random guy and say "Hi, my name is Carlota. What's your name?" I'm just too shy. And I always get cold feet when I try to do it. I only had the courage once and well...It wasn't exactly done on my own. It was like a bet with someone. I met that guy, and just because I was so shy he thought I fancied him:blink: So that didn't go well. I'm not shy because I have a crush on that person, sometimes I just feel curiosity. But yeah I found myself "loving" someone I don't even know a couple times.:boxed: And I had made up stories of us together in my head too. Naive stories that wouldn't ever be true if I didn't say hi or met that person or if that person decided to approach me.

I don't have the courage to approach people like that.. So I'm always waiting for someone to approach me. The times I approached someone, it didn't go out well. It's not like if I talk to someone they'll like me or remember my face, that's what I said myself and that's what I still do. And will that person like me how I am? Will that person decide what she/he thinks about me by the first impression they had of me when I approached them?

And I'm the only shy person in my "group of friends".. So if someone meets that person I want to meet that I don't have the courage to, they'll suceed much more then I will ever... And that's why mostly people like my bestfriend better than me. Or why they talk more to her. It's frustrating because it's like I have no interest... I get why they like her better, she talks more, she's more talkative etc.. But I wish I didn't have to say anything to get someone's "attention".:sad:

So maybe that's why I'll never have anyone that loves me as much as I do:dunno:

So yeah... When I start to fancy someone, they don't know me well, or they don't know me at all. And I don't have the courage to make them to know me better.. I just watch and daydream and hope they'll talk to me(Pretty naive...)

And that's it?...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what he's saying about needing to protect some things, so he has that mystery to draw on. And the more famous he becomes, the harder it would be to keep things private.

However, I think in other areas he has become much more open and confident, for example the WAG video. That took some guts, esp the uncensored version. Also, I think he's been quite open showing his apartment and holiday videos.

I rather like his mysteries because then I get to rehash the lyrics for the clues and meanings.

I think he's young and finding his way with life and love, just like we all are or have been in the past. And hey, even when you think you've found it, you can lose it like quicksand.

Well I'll say it...

Here it is:

The description of I See You makes me so sad. I know how it's like. And I hate to know that someone else feels that way too.

When I see someone and find them attractive or just see the way they act and think they're nice... I don't have the courage to talk. I just stare. I can't go up to a random guy and say "Hi, my name is Carlota. What's your name?" I'm just too shy. And I always get cold feet when I try to do it. I only had the courage once and well...It wasn't exactly done on my own. It was like a bet with someone. I met that guy, and just because I was so shy he thought I fancied him:blink: So that didn't go well. I'm not shy because I have a crush on that person, sometimes I just feel curiosity. But yeah I found myself "loving" someone I don't even know a couple times.:boxed: And I had made up stories of us together in my head too. Naive stories that wouldn't ever be true if I didn't say hi or met that person or if that person decided to approach me.

I don't have the courage to approach people like that.. So I'm always waiting for someone to approach me. The times I approached someone, it didn't go out well. It's not like if I talk to someone they'll like me or remember my face, that's what I said myself and that's what I still do. And will that person like me how I am? Will that person decide what she/he thinks about me by the first impression they had of me when I approached them?

And I'm the only shy person in my "group of friends".. So if someone meets that person I want to meet that I don't have the courage to, they'll suceed much more then I will ever... And that's why mostly people like my bestfriend better than me. Or why they talk more to her. It's frustrating because it's like I have no interest... I get why they like her better, she talks more, she's more talkative etc.. But I wish I didn't have to say anything to get someone's "attention".:sad:

So yeah... When I start to fancy someone, they don't know me well, or they don't know me at all. And I don't have the courage to make them to know me better.. I just watch and daydream and hope they'll talk to me(Pretty naive...)

And that's it?...

believe me, you are not alone with this by far, and Mika is not too ;). I could say that for young people their self-esteem is a rather fragile thing and that the shyness will go over eventually, but often it does not. Insecurity gets planted in almost everyone of us, often already as kid, by bullying or because family members or teachers make careless comments about us that get stuck in our heads. We don't want to be hurt like that again and again and rather avoid situations where we could be rejected by someone, especially someone we fancy or love.

The trouble is, that we ourselves are the only ones who can make it different. Nothing will change if we just wait for others to help us, and it's not fair to them too. It's not easy, but luckily we most often have loved ones who support us and whom we can fall back to, should it go wrong.

So next time: go for it! You are shy? So what? Still go for it! I'll cheer for you :thumb_yello:

believe me, you are not alone with this by far, and Mika is not too ;). I could say that for young people their self-esteem is a rather fragile thing and that the shyness will go over eventually, but often it does not. Insecurity gets planted in almost everyone of us, often already as kid, by bullying or because family members or teachers make careless comments about us that get stuck in our heads. We don't want to be hurt like that again and again and rather avoid situations where we could be rejected by someone, especially someone we fancy or love.

The trouble is, that we ourselves are the only ones who can make it different. Nothing will change if we just wait for others to help us, and it's not fair to them too. It's not easy, but luckily we most often have loved ones who support us and whom we can fall back to, should it go wrong.

So next time: go for it! You are shy? So what? Still go for it! I'll cheer for you :thumb_yello:

Yeah that's how I feel:sad:

Aw, thanks:wub2: But I'm afraid of what might happen if I go for it, I'm afraid I get hurt or disappointed again... And I know things might chance if my attitude changes but as you said it's not easy to make things different by yourself..

Thanks Mellody & Harlequeen... it's a fab interview. :thumb_yello:

I think Mika is handling things better than he knows it.. he is giving us so much yet still remain mysterious even after 3 years. His description of his personal life sounds sad though... if it's true that is.. problem is I'm never sure whether he is serious and is telling the truth or not. Anyway, fame is not all good.. we all know that.. it can indeed be lonely... but lucky him he has so many good friends that he made prior to becoming famous.. and that he has a strong family bond. Some stars have nothing of that sort and that's just tragic. I love how this boy carry himself even though he's full of sh** sometimes :sneaky2:.. watching him grow from the early days is truly a gift..

Well I'll say it...

Here it is:

And that's it?...

I can understand that - that's exactly how I was at 14 or 15. For me the idea of approaching a guy I was interested in would have me break out in a cold sweat. In fact, my best friend (who was much bigger and stronger than me) once tried to physically drag me up to my crush's doorstep to talk to him - and in my panic and haste to get away, I actually bit her. :teehee::roftl:

It wasn't until I was about 17 that I started to get past that - both in terms of opening up to new romantic interests, and to new friends/acquaintances. So maybe that's something that will get easier for you with age, like it did for me; or maybe you'll always find it challenging, as it seems Mika does.

Ultimately, though, all I can recommend is focusing on the fact that if you let your shyness hold you back, you may miss out on opportunities. I really think it's better to try and fail miserably, than to miss out because you never tried at all. :huglove:

I can understand that - that's exactly how I was at 14 or 15. For me the idea of approaching a guy I was interested in would have me break out in a cold sweat. In fact, my best friend (who was much bigger and stronger than me) once tried to physically drag me up to my crush's doorstep to talk to him - and in my panic and haste to get away, I actually bit her. :teehee::roftl:

It wasn't until I was about 17 that I started to get past that - both in terms of opening up to new romantic interests, and to new friends/acquaintances. So maybe that's something that will get easier for you with age, like it did for me; or maybe you'll always find it challenging, as it seems Mika does.

Ultimately, though, all I can recommend is focusing on the fact that if you let your shyness hold you back, you may miss out on opportunities. I really think it's better to try and fail miserably, than to miss out because you never tried at all. :huglove:

Yeah it's exactly like that to me.:aah::roftl: I slapped my bestfriend because of that too:teehee:

I hope it gets easier.. I just wish it didn't take that long:sad::dunno:

You're right:wub2: I should just do things without thinking and putting my shyness apart... But I think too much:aah:

Yeah it's exactly like that to me.:aah::roftl: I slapped my bestfriend because of that too:teehee:

I hope it gets easier.. I just wish it didn't take that long:sad::dunno:

You're right:wub2: I should just do things without thinking and putting my shyness apart... But I think too much:aah:

it does get easier if you don't think about love and relationship when you say hi to a guy, but just about saying hi. but if it's someone so goodlooking that it's "love at first sight" for you, it will always be too difficult just to say hi, because your expectations are too high at that moment to act in a relaxed way. and the longer you wait, the harder it gets - BECAUSE you have those movies in your head and therefor your expectations rise even more.

but well, knowing this doesn't change much, it still happens to me too occasionally - but at least i know why it is like it is. :naughty:

Thanks for posting and the translation!!!

Aww, that's so sad. I've got a friend who's just like that - he's a great person, a fantastic "catch" - but almost always single because he's so shy, and so bone terrified of rejection - terrified to the point of being relationship-paralyzed. :tears:

(Oh and he's a Mika fan, too, if anyone is interested. :das:)

Does Mika still truly believe that any given object of his desire would react terribly to his interest? I wonder, and if so, why he still feels that way.

I've had this theory that Mika might be slow to warm to people, but when he does, he likes to hold onto them long-term. This comment sort of implies that, IMHO.

Eww!:aah:

I can sort of understand, though. I usually wake up too groggy to cook, yet too ravenous not to forage for something. I'm sure I've eaten fish and broccoli for breakfast before. :roftl:

I didn't know you were in South Korea! When was this?

I'm listening, if you'd like to share... and I'm sure others are, too. :huglove:

Well I'll say it...

Here it is:

And that's it?...

yeah I (sadly) know EXACTLY how that feels I adored this guy & didn't dare to actually tell him yeah i have spoken to him many times but will NOT tell him how I feel i'm far to scared of rejection so yeah i've done the whole playing things out in my head & practically having a "lifelong relationship" in my head if you get my point & i'm almost 24!!!

sad but it's true & i'm o.k admitting it I guess

i've been abused used & mistreated so extremelly badly & i'm painfully shy too so hence my being so scared hopefully i'll get out of it one day & find love, who knows???

Edited by DarkLight

and the longer you wait, the harder it gets - BECAUSE you have those movies in your head and therefor your expectations rise even more.

You're right, makes it much worse! You're pretty much setting yourself up for disappointment anyway because this person will never turn out to be what you imagined even if they do end up taking a fancy to you.

Best to just say hi and try to develop a rapport early on before you have anything invested. Easier said than done I know. :wink2:

it does get easier if you don't think about love and relationship when you say hi to a guy, but just about saying hi. but if it's someone so goodlooking that it's "love at first sight" for you, it will always be too difficult just to say hi, because your expectations are too high at that moment to act in a relaxed way. and the longer you wait, the harder it gets - BECAUSE you have those movies in your head and therefor your expectations rise even more.

but well, knowing this doesn't change much, it still happens to me too occasionally - but at least i know why it is like it is. :naughty:

Yeah I know... Most times it isn't even about love at first sight, it's just curiosity, but still, I get too shy and afraid of rejection..:blink:

:aah: Well by knowing you can avoid fantasizing sometimes can't you?:naughty:

yeah I (sadly) know EXACTLY how that feels I adored this guy & didn't dare to actually tell him yeah i have spoken to him many times but will NOT tell him how I feel i'm far to scared of rejection so yeah i've done the whole playing things out in my head & practically having a "lifelong relationship" in my head if you get my point & i'm almost 24!!!

sad but it's true & i'm o.k admitting it I guess

i've been abused used & mistreated so extremelly badly & i'm painfully shy too so hence my being so scared hopefully i'll get out of it one day & find love, who knows???

Yeah, you never know.. At least I think a person can't be like that for a whole life:biggrin2:

I hope you find someone and stop dreaming and make it real for you:wink2:

You're right, makes it much worse! You're pretty much setting yourself up for disappointment anyway because this person will never turn out to be what you imagined even if they do end up taking a fancy to you.

Best to just say hi and try to develop a rapport early on before you have anything invested. Easier said than done I know. :wink2:

You're absolutely right, you can't expect for that person to love you just meeting you the first time and not even knowing how that person is.:aah:

Yep:biggrin2:

I read this interview before and after reading everybody post, I decide to give my opinion... a little too late but :wink2:

Well, it’s sad, the interview, but I really like see Mika revealing himself a little bit :biggrin2: It’s a real pleasure. :thumb_yello:

However I think Mika is suffering with some views. An imaginary relationship it’s nice at some age, at some point but at adulthood… it’s not that good. :sad:

Specially because reality hardly is like our imagination but that doesn’t mean it is a bad thing. The real world, the real people, the real relationships could be also amazing or even better. But for that happens we must open the door and give the first step to discover a new world that can be compatible with our dreams. We just have to fight for that.:wink2:

I'm here wishing the best for Mika :biggrin2: !!

I read this interview before and after reading everybody post, I decide to give my opinion... a little too late but :wink2:

Well, it’s sad, the interview, but I really like see Mika revealing himself a little bit :biggrin2: It’s a real pleasure. :thumb_yello:

However I think Mika is suffering with some views. An imaginary relationship it’s nice at some age, at some point but at adulthood… it’s not that good. :sad:

Specially because reality hardly is like our imagination but that doesn’t mean it is a bad thing. The real world, the real people, the real relationships could be also amazing or even better. But for that happens we must open the door and give the first step to discover a new world that can be compatible with our dreams. We just have to fight for that.:wink2:

I'm here wishing the best for Mika :biggrin2: !!

aww! what you say is really sweet!:wub2:

i agree with your opinion!! i'm happy when i read people thinking in this way!:wink2:

aww! what you say is really sweet!:wub2:

i agree with your opinion!! i'm happy when i read people thinking in this way!:wink2:

Thank You :huglove:

I really said what was in my heart. I relate to Mika in so many things... and this is one of them. But I discovered the pleasure that only real relationships can give to us. And I hope he will some day :thumb_yello:

Edited by Vélez Patti

Thank You :huglove:

I really said what was in my heart. I relate to Mika in some many things... and this is one of them. But I discovered the pleasure that only real relationships can give to us. And I hope he will some day :thumb_yello:

i'm glad you've discovered that!:thumb_yello:

you're a lucky person, not everyone can say the same! so enjoy that pleasure!!:wink2:

about Mika, i think his work maybe don't let him to find the person right now, but life is a mystery, so no one knows what can happen in the future!:teehee::wub2:

i'm glad you've discovered that!:thumb_yello:

you're a lucky person, not everyone can say the same! so enjoy that pleasure!!:wink2:

Yeah, you're right :thumb_yello:. Life is a gift and we really have to live like is only one because at the end of the day probably is...:wink2:

about Mika, i think his work maybe don't let him to find the person right now, but life is a mystery, so no one knows what can happen in the future!:teehee::wub2:/

But he will :wink2: Good people like him and that it's always doing good thing to so many... There is something special only for him :wub2:. God knows that :thumb_yello:

Edited by Vélez Patti

Yeah, you're right :thumb_yello:. Life is a gift and we really have to live like is only one because at the end of the day probably is...:wink2:

But he will :wink2: Good people like him and that it's always doing good thing to so many... There is something special only for him :wub2:. God knows that :thumb_yello:

1)EXACTLY!!!!!!! I AGREE 100% WITH YOU!!:thumb_yello::wub2::wub2:

2)I HOPE SO!!......:wub2::wub2:...he deserves that!

I think when I first found this thread, there was no translation and I forgot to come back until now... So thanks guys for posting it and for the translation. I don't know if I would call this interview sad. It made me feel sad for him that he feels that way, but I don't know if Mika is sad about it. If you get what I mean?