Q Radio - Live In Session 4PM (GMT)- 6th September 2009

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, Mari!! I read a theme and reflected:" about what you here speak? what songs?" Had absolutely lost a string of conversation).

you're most welcome girls!:wub2:

Lena, during the interview they played a few of his songs

they said Latitude is very middle class.. but isnt 'middle class' something from the 1800's? who uses classes these days?

I guess it just means that a lot of "everyday people" go to Latitude. We still use classes here. Don't know about the rest of the world...

I guess it just means that a lot of "everyday people" go to Latitude. We still use classes here. Don't know about the rest of the world...

oh yes! :doh: i just remembered my aunty doing this great big explanation to me when i went to england, that in england they still have classes and we're middle class, ok.

and i was like.. okay.. i dont get it.. but cool. i wasnt there for very long so i didnt really notice much.. here in NZ we dont have classes, basically everyones equal.

i dont really get how a class can work, does that mean, like, you cant eat in a certain resturant? or if your lowerclass and you see the prime minister downtown you cant go up to him and say hi?

because i did that once when i was in wellington :teehee:

please excuse my stupidity, but i've got like no experience with this..

oh yes! :doh: i just remembered my aunty doing this great big explanation to me when i went to england, that in england they still have classes and we're middle class, ok.

and i was like.. okay.. i dont get it.. but cool. i wasnt there for very long so i didnt really notice much.. here in NZ we dont have classes, basically everyones equal.

i dont really get how a class can work, does that mean, like, you cant eat in a certain resturant? or if your lowerclass and you see the prime minister downtown you cant go up to him and say hi?

because i did that once when i was in wellington :teehee:

There's no laws or anything that separate the classes, but basically there are three classes:

1. The rich

2. Middle class (most people)

3. The poor

It isn't really a big deal, but you can definitely differentiate between the three. I'm not really good at explaining it. :naughty:

It's just based on your income, basically.

It isn't really a big deal, but you can definitely differentiate between the three. I'm not really good at explaining it. :naughty:

Classes are still used all over the world in market research but they call it customer segmentation now..It is based partly on income, but also on occupation, education and family background.:cool:..

I know I simplified it though - don't take my comment literally.... :biggrin2:

There's no laws or anything that separate the classes, but basically there are three classes:

1. The rich

2. Middle class (most people)

3. The poor

It's a lot more complicated than that in the UK and it's really not strictly income based. It's a social thing. You can be upper class and broke and filthy rich and still act and be perceived of as lower class.

To say that this festival was middle class was making a statement about the mentality of the people who attend it because as you pointed out from an economic standpoint most people are middle class by US standards, so that's not what they're referring to.

It's a lot more complicated than that in the UK and it's really not strictly income based. It's a social thing. You can be upper class and broke and filthy rich and still act and be perceived of as lower class.

To say that this festival was middle class was making a statement about the mentality of the people who attend it because as you pointed out from an economic standpoint most people are middle class by US standards, so that's not what they're referring to.

Oh, right. I forgot I don't live in the UK. :freak: