By the Time - Song and Lyrics Discussion

Blue Sky

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i cried so hard the first time i heard the song. it's so beautiful and the lyrics are amazing. i mentioned it in my newbie post but i found mika through an ex boyfriend, jaki. well i lost jaki to suicide. the main reason i am a mika fan is because his music played a very big part in dealing with that, as well as helping me get through some major health issues.anyways. when i was down and just wanted to hear something soothing and beautiful i could listen to any other world or over my shoulder, if i needed a good cry i just had to watch the happy ending video, to just sing along to and get anger out it was relax take it easy and to just put me in a happy mood i just had to listen to love today or grace kelly. so i got the new album was very excited to have more songs for all of this. by the way came on and at first i was beyond excited because of imogean and was immediately blown away with how beautiful it was, then i started listening the lyrics! and they hit such a nerve. i felt like he had dug into my head and pulled out everything i had been feeling in the past 2 years from losing jaki and dealing with it and i just lost it. so when i hear it i just listen to it from that point of view and it definitely replaces happy ending for tear jerker.

there was a never a song that fully expressed everything i had been feeling for 2 years until this song came out and i could never be more grateful to him and imogean for writing it.

I have so much respect and love for you jonah. <3

• 1 month later...
By the time is truely beautifull, i constantly have it on repeat! I can relate to the song a lot especially the first verse. I don't think words can quite explain how much this song means to me

Were you a fan of Imogen Heap's before?

• 3 weeks later...

Gosh, I just heard this song in the car and it made me so dizzy and tired that I nearly crashed into the braking car in front of me......

I really love this song, but I think I will never hear it again in the car when I'm tired anyway - almost got a heart attack. :boxed::naughty:

• 3 years later...
  • 9 years later...

So I'm watching this Imogen Heap documentary, entitled "Everything In-Between: The Story of Ellipse," and all of a sudden, Mika shows up! It's just a small snippet of them collaborating on "By The Time," which apparently happened during the time that Immi was in the process of creating her album "Ellipse."

The documentary is available for rent through the Doc'n'Roll website (https://www.docnrollfestival.com/docn-roll-tv/imogen-heap-everything-in-between-the-story-of-ellipse). It seems to consist largely of edited vlog footage, which I believe Immi posted on YouTube as she was working on the album, but I wasn't able to track down the part with Mika specifically, so I screenshot it myself and have attached it below.

Mods, do what you will with relocating or taking down this post, as I'm not sure if there are copyright issues with the snippet of video being posted here. I just thought it was so sweet, seeing circa 2008 Mika again, and working with one of my other favorite singers, on some of my favorite albums of theirs.

:cloud:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• dcdeb changed the title to By the Time - Song and Lyrics Discussion