By the Time - Song and Lyrics Discussion

Blue Sky

Certainly it's what I think of when I hear it. As in, that's what it feels like its about. It's the one that's most on my brain at the moment.

Wow. That's an interesting thought. Never occured to me, I just thought it was some sort of lovesong thing:aah:

But then, I'm quite bad at figuring out the meaning of songs.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we only have a few lines, but it never occurred to me that this song is about suicide.:blink:

What I hear is two lovers not wanting to wake up because they fear the other will be gone, so they prefer to go on dreaming.

Suicide? You think the song is THAT deep? :blink:

Mika: HEEEYY Imogen! Let's write a song about suicide!

:shocked:

:lmfao:

It could be possible though.

I know we only have a few lines, but it never occurred to me that this song is about suicide.:blink:

What I hear is two lovers not wanting to wake up because they fear the other will be gone, so they prefer to go on dreaming.

That sounds good. And happier than suicide. Let's stick with this one.:naughty:

I get the sense that the girl is absent from this picture, whether she just left or she died.

Guys do you think he wanted to commit suicide when he was a teenager ?:shocked:

No I don't think this song has a teenage theme. And it's the girl who would be the victim in this case.

Suicide? :blink:

I don't get that at all.

More like a one night stand song - creeping out before the other person wakes up, so you don't have to make excuses :naughty:

Hahaha interesting how someone's made a slow apparent sad song sound like one that was about some crazy sexy night :naughty:

Hahaha interesting how someone's made a slow apparent sad song sound like one that was about some crazy sexy night :naughty:

:naughty: just a suggestion.

I think it is about a deeper relationship than that - where one person has come to realise they have fallen out of love and need to leave, but still don't want to hurt the other person

:naughty: just a suggestion.

I think it is about a deeper relationship than that - where one person has come to realise they have fallen out of love and need to leave, but still don't want to hurt the other person

That's pretty much what I said:

I think this whole suicide business is totally far out personally LOL :aah:

I just think it's about the end of a relationship and he doesn't want to admit it

Guys do you think he wanted to commit suicide when he was a teenager ?:shocked:

Yup. :tears: after all those traumas. btw. haven't most of us thought about it? or atleast all teenagers of today..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSvWNzO97mM

It's the early... ?

lights ...?

sea ... eyes big trough the blinds it's something wrong

...motionless, ...the mess...???

SAY WOT?????

:roftl:

It's the early morn

The lights flick on

Sleepy eyes peek through the blinds

At something wrong

Motionless remains the mess