You know, I've heard him commenting some of songs, what do they mean and how he got an idea of these songs (e.g.Blue Eyes). But he never mentioned OFB (or maybe I've missed something???) Is it in purpose?

Is there a way to ask Mika what OFB is about?

but in fact i'm afraid he will avoid the strict answer :boxed:

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I've heard him commenting some of songs, what do they mean and how he got an idea of these songs (e.g.Blue Eyes). But he never mentioned OFB (or maybe I've missed something???) Is it in purpose?

I've never heard him mention the meaning behind the song either.

He is apparently doing a webchat soon and you can post questions for him. Why don't you ask him?

Details are here:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20778

I asked. :naughty:

Well done. :thumb_yello:

I suspect he is never going to tell us what's really going on with this song though. It's probably something very naughty. :teehee:

Omigosh. I just asked about the song too. :naughty:

Yeah I don't think it's about Mika's fans, *looks at youtuber angrily* :shun:

Actually after watching the Rain video it seems like Rain is about his career. I mean, he's explained that it was a breakup letter, but Rain-as-career song totally fits, IMHO. Even the imagery - the crazy creatures are trying to accost him, so instead of letting them harm him, he makes them dance. Same as he did in his career with the people around him. :hypo:

Actually after watching the Rain video it seems like Rain is about his career. I mean, he's explained that it was a breakup letter, but Rain-as-career song totally fits, IMHO. Even the imagery - the crazy creatures are trying to accost him, so instead of letting them harm him, he makes them dance. Same as he did in his career with the people around him. :hypo:

:lmfao: mana, that's brilliant!!

*listens to it*

(P.S Where did he explain the song, I haven't seen that! :shocked:)

I love this song but it is so confusing:aah:

I KNOW! :aah: I think that's why I love it so much! I spend most of my time trying to figure this and Dr. John out! :naughty:

I'm afraid he won't answer either. He never did with SITM and I'd really like an explination of both.

Actually, I'd really like to sit down to tea with him and have a very serious, in-depth conversation about this and the Rain video :naughty: But I doub't that'll ever happen.

He explained Grace Kelly enough to cover the whole of TBKWTM 's explanations twice.

So true! And I didn't even think that was very confusing!

Has anyone ever interpreted "I'll say nothing on your microphone" as being in interviews? :dunno:

I can't be bothered to read the whole thread.

Hmm...no actually buuuuuuut....I think I can work that into my idea of the song really well! :aah:

Thanks for that!

:lmfao: mana, that's brilliant!!

*listens to it*

(P.S Where did he explain the song, I haven't seen that! :shocked:)

The Through the Looking Glass special, I think. He said Rain was a breakup letter that he thought would be cool set to a dance beat. :naughty:

But it TOTALLY could be interpreted to apply to his career.

"This ordinary mind is broken, you did it and you don't even know"... at the record company, for making him do tons of mind-numbing press appearances

"Caught in a trap, I can't look back" - in the video, he sings that line while in a brightly-coloured tent suspended from the trees. As though he's saying "now that I've found success, I'm caught in a trap - trapped in this technicolour world as a product of my own success. Now I'm stuck, and there's no going back to 2005 when it was all just a dream for me."

"Thought you found the man you wanted, 'till you turned him into something new" - talking about himself. He thought his popstar persona was the man he wanted to be, but now that he IS that person, he's something new - a drone on a hamster wheel, forced to churn out new songs not because he wants to, but because the label exerts pressure on him to produce and succeed.

It's all a very negative interpretation. I like the whole "breakup letter" explanation a lot better. :naughty:

:blink: Really? You don't see it?

I think 'microphone' is dirty.

He asks some one to 'take him home.'

'Push him off' is dirty too imo.

I meant as a whole dirty, but yeah I thought Push him off was dirty, :lmao:

The Through the Looking Glass special, I think. He said Rain was a breakup letter that he thought would be cool set to a dance beat. :naughty:

But it TOTALLY could be interpreted to apply to his career.

"This ordinary mind is broken, you did it and you don't even know"... at the record company, for making him do tons of mind-numbing press appearances

"Caught in a trap, I can't look back" - in the video, he sings that line while in a brightly-coloured tent suspended from the trees. As though he's saying "now that I've found success, I'm caught in a trap - trapped in this technicolour world as a product of my own success. Now I'm stuck, and there's no going back to 2005 when it was all just a dream for me."

"Thought you found the man you wanted, 'till you turned him into something new" - talking about himself. He thought his popstar persona was the man he wanted to be, but now that he IS that person, he's something new - a drone on a hamster wheel, forced to churn out new songs not because he wants to, but because the label exerts pressure on him to produce and succeed.

It's all a very negative interpretation. I like the whole "breakup letter" explanation a lot better. :naughty:

That totally makes sense!!

I like that better, his angst is the reason I loooove Grace Kelly :roftl: