You put aside

Our sleepless nights

Our grey-blue mornings

But for me

An explanation would be better.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080220160708AAOtvzW

So not knowing French i copy pasted the lyrics to a translator... :lmfao:

this is my fave part:

on no account I do not want in front of you to overexpose my eyes behind a kleenex I would know better how to

say you farewell how to say you farewell

:lmao:

found this translation into English, seems to be a good one

I wouldn't allege to have

unappropriate reflexes

You'll have to explain me better

How to tell you goodbye

My silex heart gets fire quickly

Your pyrex heart resists to fire

I'm so confused I can't resolve myself

To goodbyes

I know that a past love

Has no chance or so few

But for me

An explanation would be better

I wouldn't allege to

Overexpose my eyes in front of you

With a kleenex (handkerchief) I'd know better

How to tell you goodbye

How to tell you goodbye

You put aside

Our sleepless nights

Our grey-blue mornings

But for me

An explanation would be better.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080220160708AAOtvzW

This was actually called "It hurts to say goodbye", and was adapted to french in the late 60's by the fabulous Serge Gainsbourg...

Here' the only cover in englisg i know of, by Vera Lynn, in the late 60's...

Nothing to do wth the powerful voice of Francoise, but the lady tried at least...:naughty:

Oh, and the non matching official lyrics are here

http://www.metrolyrics.com/it-hurts-to-say-goodbye-lyrics-vera-lynn.html

Edited by willywonka

I found the clip on YT where Mika talks about Christophe Willem, and I asked the person who posted it if (he?) had any more. That's why he put up the song with Emilie Simon too. Fingers crossed for more.

I was surprised that the forum wasn't buzzing about this appearance - maybe we're more tuned-in to the U.S.A. atm. But I think it's wonderful. I love so many things about it. The presenter is fabulous and has a really good interview at length, in French, with Mika. Then the duet. Wow! what a different style and range. And then more talking. Perfect.

And my French is getting good enough to pick up on what they're saying - piece/chambre and the laughing about when he used to 'introduce his musicians'. Great fabulous stunning.

This was actually called "It hurts to say goodbye", and was adapted to french in the late 60's by the fabulous Serge Gainsbourg...

Here' the only cover in englisg i know of, by Vera Lynn, in the late 60's...

Nothing to do wth the powerful voice of Francoise, but the lady tried at least...:naughty:

Oh, and the non matching official lyrics are here

http://www.metrolyrics.com/it-hurts-to-say-goodbye-lyrics-vera-lynn.html

i prefer the French version + French lyrics by far :teehee:

LOVE this song!! :wub2:

and love Emilie as well!!

I found the clip on YT where Mika talks about Christophe Willem, and I asked the person who posted it if (he?) had any more. That's why he put up the song with Emilie Simon too. Fingers crossed for more.

I was surprised that the forum wasn't buzzing about this appearance - maybe we're more tuned-in to the U.S.A. atm. But I think it's wonderful. I love so many things about it. The presenter is fabulous and has a really good interview at length, in French, with Mika. Then the duet. Wow! what a different style and range. And then more talking. Perfect.

And my French is getting good enough to pick up on what they're saying - piece/chambre and the laughing about when he used to 'introduce his musicians'. Great fabulous stunning.

oh thanks!

Maybe she'll post the whole show on YT

I LOVE it as u do Ruth, but I think unfortunately only MFCers, who do speak French, can fully appreciate this appearance

oh thanks!

Maybe she'll post the whole show on YT

I LOVE it as u do Ruth, but I think unfortunately only MFCers, who do speak French, can fully appreciate this appearance

Well yes, but Mika's first appearance went down pretty well.

And oh, I remember the frustration when it kept being taken down off YT. I learnt to download videos and rip the audio off them just for that!

By the way, I managed to watch the .flv file with real player yesterday. But it won't let me burn it to give to my French teacher (:)) or rip the audio track off it. Maybe someone else will be able to .... I must be patient!

Well yes, but Mika's first appearance went down pretty well.

And oh, I remember the frustration when it kept being taken down off YT. I learnt to download videos and rip the audio off them just for that!

By the way, I managed to watch the .flv file with real player yesterday. But it won't let me burn it to give to my French teacher (:)) or rip the audio track off it. Maybe someone else will be able to .... I must be patient!

maybe u can try with the .avi file :)

I've just come across these videos too, they are fantastic. The duet with Emilie Simon is perfect; just how low does his voice go??? Wow, always a pleasure to hear the lowest part of Mika's amazing vocal range!

Oh you are so lucky to understand so much French!:wub2:

I really agree with you that the presenter is extremely good, you get the feeling that he has the right combination of being very right forward and at the same time very polite, and there's no doubt that he is fond of Mika.:wub2:

The funny thing is that all what I'm describing here are things that becomes obvious even without understanding the language :naughty:… never underestimate the power of facial expressions and body language...:teehee:

What I wanted to ask is if Mika said anything we haven't heard before and if someone finds this interview with subtexts, even French subtexts are okay...please post about it!:thumb_yello:

What could we do without Taratata. I'm So glad to Nagui to do it again & again. This guy gots a power to discover young artist who will become so famour and giant (He did it also with Muse like 12 years ago).

I didn't watched it yet, but I like Emilie Simon so... I'm sure it's good.

Let see !!!

Oh you are so lucky to understand so much French!:wub2:

I really agree with you that the presenter is extremely good, you get the feeling that he has the right combination of being very right forward and at the same time very polite, and there's no doubt that he is fond of Mika.:wub2:

The funny thing is that all what I'm describing here are things that becomes obvious even without understanding the language :naughty:… never underestimate the power of facial expressions and body language...:teehee:

What I wanted to ask is if Mika said anything we haven't heard before and if someone finds this interview with subtexts, even French subtexts are okay...please post about it!:thumb_yello:

I'll watch the show again to translate the important parts :wink2: I'm very sorry I didn't finish my translation, but I have a lot of homeworks this time...

don't worry, there is nothing new or very important, just some funny parts. I'll do it during the week :wink2:

And yes Nagui is very fond of Mika ! he was at the PDP gig and we also saw him at the Cirque d'Hiver during the acoustic tour. He is really faithfull to Mika.

And yes Nagui is very fond of Mika ! he was at the PDP gig and we also saw him at the Cirque d'Hiver during the acoustic tour. He is really faithfull to Mika.

I didn't know that.

And he's called Nagui? What kind of name is that?

Has anyone got it except on Daily Motion?

I didn't know that.

And he's called Nagui? What kind of name is that?

Yeah, I almost bumped into him juste when we went out of the Cirque d'Hiver. And while we were waiting for Mika outside, he went out by the artist door after visiting Mika in backstage

here are some information about him : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagui

he his from Egypt.

For the show, Marina posted all the links on the firts post :wink2:

here are all other links :)

whole show:

I watched it at the link someone post here

This one: http://www.mytaratata.com/Pages/EMISSIONS_voir.aspx?TvShowId=382

There are 5 parts. First part you just see Mika doing We Are Golden, and the interview. The fourth part you see Gaga's performence. And the last part, you see Mika doing Blame It On The Girls. After that, every guest came on stage again. And they play a song to end the show, and than you see them talking ;)

and on YT

Found Comment te dire adieu in nice HQ

:wink2:

I uploaded BIOTG on YT

Mika and Emilie Simon "comment te dire adieu" on YT HQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pU1E27zuzY

Mika parle de Christophe Willem à Taratata http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITiTrODy46g&feature=player_embedded#

Edited by mari62