Mika in Munich - The Atomic Cafè/Bayern3 Live Clubs

robertina

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

btw, damn, i totally forgot to ask him about other countries, like i had promised! :doh: someone wanted to know bout new zealand and suzie about other european countries, and i forgot. :sad: sorry girls... i couldn't think clearly anymore after the gig, it wasn't the only thing i forgot, if that helps you. :blush-anim-cl:

It's OK.. I could have actually asked him at i-tunes if I was so desparate :wink2:

Glad you had a great time - I have yet to read the full report - I am reading the thread backwards:teehee:

lol there were so many funny bits during the gig, got most of them on video. like mika saying that he wants to take his jacket off cause its hot... but his shirt was all sweaty so he said he wouldn't take the jacket off. and then someone said he should take the shirt off too and this started a bit of a discussion between mika and the fans, whether he should take his shirt off or not, ending with him showing us the middle finger (in a joking way of course), lol! got that on video i think. oh and he didn't take his shirt off. damn. :naughty:

:floor:

:roftl:

nah, 12 in front row! was still really small though, it felt like the personal living room gig. :wub2:

waiting for the train home now. lol there were so many funny bits during the gig, got most of them on video. like mika saying that he wants to take his jacket off cause its hot... but his shirt was all sweaty so he said he wouldn't take the jacket off. and then someone said he should take the shirt off too and this started a bit of a discussion between mika and the fans, whether he should take his shirt off or not, ending with him showing us the middle finger (in a joking way of course), lol! got that on video i think. oh and he didn't take his shirt off. damn. :naughty:

:lmfao:

I was at the gig to and in the first row!! And it was sooooooo great! It was the best day in my life! And he was so near! And he spoke german very well and sweet! it was defenitly my best day! Amazing! Awesome!!! On german "Sau geil"!!!! I could not believe that this evening wa strue! it was like a dream!!

I was at the gig to and in the first row!! And it was sooooooo great! It was the best day in my life! And he was so near! And he spoke german very well and sweet! it was defenitly my best day! Amazing! Awesome!!! On german "Sau geil"!!!! I could not believe that this evening wa strue! it was like a dream!!

Superb!! have we got a set list?

damn i'd much rather be at home, uploading all my pix+videos for you, instead of sitting here at work and trying to look like i could concentrate on the things i should be doing. :naughty: it's lunch time now, so i have a few minutes to start writing a report (though unfortunately without pix and videos yet).

leator, sasje and me arrived at about 2:45 pm at the atomic cafe, bringing with us 26 golden balloons, some of them tied together to a chain, with the letters "we are golden" on them (see my twitpic). we were the first ones there. i went off then to the central station, to buy me a new contact lens (had accidentially destroyed one of mine in the morning...), and while i was away, john & band arrived (around 3 pm). when i got back, i waited for him to come out again, so i could give him the list with 8 names of mfc & dmfc members who didn't have tickets. well, that's what i did then, and told him about mika's tweet - john then said sth like mika will arrive soon and if he tweeted that, it should be ok.

at about 4-5, most of the others from mfc+dmfc arrived, and the rest of the audience came between 6 & 7. the backstage entrance was a few meters next to the club entrance, everyone went in+out there... just mika obviously had found some back door. guess he arrived later than he should have, as we were let in 15 minutes late, because mika was not finished with the soundcheck yet. probably there were already too many ppl there when he arrived, that's why he chose the back door. john came out another time to tell us that the names on the list i had given him would be ok. :original: it was funny really, after the gig we thanked mika and john in turns for making this possible, and one pointed to the other, like mika said, thank john, and john said, thank mika, lol! :lmao: well, thanx to both for doing this!! :biggrin2: those 8 ppl plus the few fanclub members who had won tickets were responsible for a good part of the crowd reaction to mika's gig! :bleh:

ok so at 7:15 the doors opened, and we all got to front row - well, we WERE the front row. :naughty: i already told you how small it all was, had mika's ass shaking right in front of my face several times and had to take care not to wave my arms too furiously when he was in front of me, as i was scared i could hit him or poke him in the eye. :naughty: it was funny, some of us were interviewed by bayern3 after the gig, and the woman asked me whether i didn't want to touch mika's hair as it looks so fluffy - she definitely asked that question to the right person, lol! :lmao: well, i told her i would've loved to do that and did certainly have many chances during the gig, but that of course i didn't do it as he wouldn't like it.

i have a pic of the setlist, though he changed it a bit. guess it was the same like in london on friday, no more of the new songs anyway than the ones he had already performed at gigs.

for rain, he had silver confetti in 2 buckets on stage, and threw some of it into the crowd (with a mischievous look on his face, lol!) - the 2nd bucket he poured over saranayde completely, lol! :naughty: there was also a confetti canon, so we were all covered in silver glitter. have some of these things on video too.

we held the "we are golden" balloon chain all the time, and during WAG he grabbed it from us and waved it around, then draped it over saranayde, who then put it on the mic stand.

generally the interaction with the crowd (ie the first few rows) was so great, as he could easily hear what we said to him and reacted to a lot of that - we also heard his voice right in front of us, not just through the speakers, really amazing.

can't think of more about the gig at the moment, if i do, i'll post it later. :wink2:

trying to write aftershow report in extra post, but not sure how far i get before all my colleagues are back...

after the gig there were about 25-30 ppl waiting for him, it didn't take long until he came out, maybe 30-40 minutes or so. it was the usual "get all to this side in a line" thing, and us forum members chose the strategical position at the end of the line. :naughty: there was a funny moment with sasje and leator and mika writing XX (kisses) to leator, but he should tell you that. :naughty:

for those who don't know, on the german forum we had made mika a booklet in the style of songs for sorrow (and no, we didn't steal the idea from the mfc, leator had it already in june! :bleh:) here's a pic of it:

sfs01.jpg

he was really happy about it and said that it's one of the best presents he ever got and that his sister would get jealous so would we have a copy for her too? (and of course we'll get her one! :biggrin2:)

damn so now i have to stop the long reports, colleagues are back... :sneaky2: might come online for 2 minutes in between, apart from that more tonight. :wink2:

I left home at around 11 AM, but arrived in Munich only at 4 PM due to some delays in my bus-train connection. But I finally made it. Of course I didn’t find the venue at first and had to call Mellody, hehe, that is just so typically me. So when I arrived at the venue Mellody, Sasja and Leator we already waiting, no one else. We were soon after that joined by all other German Mikafanclub ppl. I really loved meeting everyone and we were having a great time. Ok, we looked like a group of freaks and all these business ppl walking by gave us a funny look lol, but we were enjoying ourselves. So, when I arrived I leant that the band had already arrived and that they had already done the soundcheck as well as that the sound was also pretty cool outside (which was at that point important to us since only 3 fanclub people had one tickets and 8 ppl including me were planning to listen to the gig from outside). I’m never lucky winning at a competition though…but for me it was all about being with other Mika fans and just being there, fell the vibe. So in the queue we were getting pretty and pretty golden I must say. Suddenly John appeared and Mellody told him about Mika’s tweet from the day before (that he would try to sort out the lack in tickets). She also handed him a list with our names and he promised to look after it. At that point I was still sure that the radio station Bayern3 would not agree to adding people to the winner’s list. Several ppl had tried to talk to them the days before about giving sth like 10 tickets to the fanclub, but they wouldn’t agree. So I was sure that they wouldn’t like changes. Slowly more and more people arrived and we were still waiting for Mika. In the end we didn’t see him arrive but could already here him rehearse, so we missed that. Then Mellody who was waiting a bit further down for Mika to arrive told us that John had told her that it was all ok and that we 8 ppl were on that list. That was a drop-dead moment, really. I just couldn’t believe it. Thanx again, Karin for sorting things out!!!!!

Doors opened at 7:15 PM and all of us ended up front row which was amazing. I was on the right side of the stage (it wasn’t even a proper, high stage, just a small step). So we and Mika & the band were almost standing on the same level which was amazing! The ceiling was also pretty narrow and as Mellody said before he couldn’t have done the Freddie pose. But besides the stage being so small Mika still found his place to move and jump. And of course we joined him immediately. (Ok, I have to admit, my shoe choice was probably not the best, after the gig my feet were killing me, but I just had to jump – no matter what shoes I was wearing). Mika and the band were so close to us. Probably the best Mika gig I've ever been to. This one's gonna be hard to beat. We were all golden – with the balloons, glitter, accesoires etc. At one point while queuing Sasje said we are the „Golden girls“ :D, but then we laughed ‚cause we realised that’s not what we were.

And: I can't repeat often enough that the fact that we (8 ppl who didn't win tickets but decided to get there anyway and listen to the concert from outside) was due to Mika and John being so lovely and putting us on the list. Amazeballs! Mika is amazing. John is amazing. The gig was incredible.

The atmosphere was so special. Even though there were not that many hardcore Mika fans people were all enjoying themselves and Mika turned the whole place into one big party. I just couldn't believe how lucky I was to be there. That is why I was trying to really enjoy every second of it and didn’t take many pix nor vids. Mika seemed to be having a good time as well, he was joking a lot on stage and even managed to jump around on this tiny stage (and so did we). I imagine this gig was really close to a living room gig. I suppose that there were only about 250 ppl so it was really really small. I will never be any closer to stage than this I guess. I also pretty much loved that no one tried to take advantage of this situation, I mean of being so close and all. Saranyde was just in front of me (loved her dress!).

He sang (not in order): Relax, Big girl, Lollipop, Stuck in the middle, Billy Brown, Happy ending, Grace Kelly, Lollipop, Love today, We are golden, Blame it on the girls, Rain, Dr. John, Blue eyes

Oh, and "Dr. John" live was so good, so was „Blue eyes“ and „Happy ending“ was perfect again. I always love it when he does SITM and the atmosphere was best during WAG I’d say. Maybe that is because it is the current single and everybody could sing along. During „We are golden“ he took our „We are golden“ balloons and waved them around before throwing them on Saranyde. In the end he put them on this microphone stand. We also had some more balloons during WAG which we throw into the audience. We had already done this before Mika was coming on stage but people didn’t really wanna take party in this balloon game, for them to get into it Mika had to come on stage. Also, whenever the music would stop for a few seconds before Mika was coming on stage we started cheering “Mika, Mika, Mika...”, but no one joined. But as I said, the atmosphere was changing at the first note of “Relax”. He is such a great entertainer. The interaction with the audience is such an important thing for an artist! And Mika plays this “game” so well. He said that he loved doing such small club shows and that it was more like a party than a concert. And that is really how it felt. We were jumping, singing and screaming so much. So obviously the 1 hrs 20 min or sth went by so fast.

I really liked Mika’s jacket (though he didn’t want to take it off. This situation was so funny. Mellody has already mentioned the discussion between fans and him on whether he should take it off or not). He still wore the same jacket afterwards at the m&g, but a different shirt. ;) Martin’s red hat looked cool as well. I also loved watching all of the interactions between the band from so close. And he speaks German so well. He must definitely have worked on that, because this time it was all sontanuously and really really good. Honestly. Can’t wait to listen to the airing of the concert on Thursday. Hope it will be a complete gig with all of the things he said etc. The one-hour interview before this airing of the gig will also be very interesting I guess. The host said it was gonna be one hour, dunno if it’s one full Mika-hour or if they will just play several interview snippets in one hour time. We’ll see.

I am so happy I went. I know there will never be such an amazing gig for me. So I will try to always remember it and be grateful. I am really thankful to the people who have made this possible. But I would also like to add that from my point of view it did the gig good to have about 15 people from the fanclubs at the gig since otherwise not many people would have sung along to all of the songs and it would have been harder for Mika to get them into it. I hope you know what I mean. In any case, everyone, the whole audience, seemed to have liked it a lot.

After the gig ended some ppl were interviewed for Bayern3 (e. g. Mellody), guess this will be aired on Thursday as well. So afterwards we all went outside waiting for Mika, and it were only 25-30 poeple waiting, so not such a big number as on my last gig in Paris for example. We were the last in line. First the band came but went to their car pretty fast. Only shortly after Mika appeared and was all talkative and smiling all the time. So great. I finally had my “Songs for sorrow EP” signed and while Mika was doing this I thanked him for putting us on the list...But he just pointed towards John who was standing next to him, so I thanked John, who was again pointing at Mika. Lol. I thought this shows pretty much how so-much-on-earth they both are and how lovely. *awww* Still now, the next day I am still pretty much overwhelmed. And I guess all of us 8 lucky ppl would agree with me.

Then it was time for the German fanclub to hand Mika their gift which he absolutely adored. I wasn’t involved in the project myself but I was just so happy to see that Mika liked it a lot and even wanted a second copy of it for his sister who would otherwise be jealous. So heartwarming.

Mika than left and we walked to the Hard Rock Café to have sth to eat and drink and talk about the amazing gig we had just lived. On the way there some took pix with John who was really lovely (again) and said sth like: “Without you it wouldn’t have been so much fun.” I officially love him. Honestly.

It was lovely to sit all together after this gig, we stayed ‘til 1AM ish, said our goodbyes to Noa, Mellody, Sasje and leator, while Kanni, her bf Antoine (the guy who was dressed as the girl from the Sophie Blackhall project at the Berlin gig), graciosa and me walked to the station, spending some time at Mc Donalds having a coffee, before Kanni, Antoine and me had to catch our train at 3:20 ish. We happened to be in the same train by chance, so I sort of prevented them from sleeping until I had to get off to change trains. Lol. But it was fun not having to travel back home on my own.

Gonna post some pix tonight, as I have already said I don’t have many.

Ok, so I hope my story makes sense. I will get some sleep now. Really knackered atm, been awake for more than 30 hours now. :wink2:

Edited by mariposa

Thank you, Mellody, funniest report ever!:thumb_yello:

(still laughing:teehee:)

it was funny really, after the gig we thanked mika and john in turns for making this possible, and one pointed to the other, like mika said, thank john, and john said, thank mika, lol! :lmao:

:roftl:

they are both so adorable :blush-anim-cl:

ok so at 7:15 the doors opened, and we all got to front row - well, we WERE the front row. :naughty: i already told you how small it all was, had mika's ass shaking right in front of my face several times and had to take care not to wave my arms too furiously when he was in front of me, as i was scared i could hit him or poke him in the eye. :naughty: it was funny, some of us were interviewed by bayern3 after the gig, and the woman asked me whether i didn't want to touch mika's hair as it looks so fluffy - she definitely asked that question to the right person, lol! :lmao: well, i told her i would've loved to do that and did certainly have many chances during the gig, but that of course i didn't do it as he wouldn't like it.

:floor: