• I like Them All The Same
    • Lady Jane - Bonus Track

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My fave changes alot too. It was Blame it on the girls for a few weeks though. Its hard to choose between that and Rain...

Ugh. This is what trying to choose your favourite child must feel like. :(

Agreed.

I would feel bad picking a favourite....though im not sure why....

but probably touches you. Or one foot boy. one of the really upbeat songs.

which did you expect to have the most votes then?

At first (the week after its release) One Foot Boy and Pick Up Off The Floor were the clear winners. It only means the fans who were regulars here around the time of the release preferred those two...

Touches You and Rain were also always strong though..:thumb_yello:

At first (the week after its release) One Foot Boy and Pick Up Off The Floor were the clear winners. It only means the fans who were regulars here around the time of the release preferred those two...

Touches You and Rain were also always strong though..:thumb_yello:

Yeah OFB and PUOTF are my favs, and I really surprised to see that Touches you is the 1. It is really good, but I didn't think it will win :)

I can't believe Touches You took over...:blink:

And on here, Rain is stomping BIOTG. I wonder if that will be mirrored when BIOTG is released to the general public - admittedly I hope not. :boxed:

I'm also curious how MFC's likes and dislikes compare to the Average Music Listener. I wonder if Touches you and/or One Foot Boy have even been considered as singles.

I'm also curious how MFC's likes and dislikes compare to the Average Music Listener. I wonder if Touches you and/or One Foot Boy have even been considered as singles.

That is a good point. I wonder that, too....for I do think that whilst WAG would have been an absolute smash hit had it been released by the Jonas Brothers, Mika's audience just didn't get it..:blink:... and most of them still don't..:teehee:

I think selecting the songs for single releases is key and I don't think it should be adjusted to the average listener but to Mika's target audience. And that one is different as they are not following trends but prefer something unique and different... in my opinion, anyway.:cool:

And on here, Rain is stomping BIOTG. I wonder if that will be mirrored when BIOTG is released to the general public - admittedly I hope not. :boxed:

Well, I can't help but notice that Blue Eyes only has three votes on the poll. Yet in my experience, this is the song on the album that non-fans like! My husband likes it, as do my parents, who are all what I would describe as casual Mika listeners.

Just goes to show doesn't it. You never know! Not saying Blue Eyes should be a single or would be a hit, but it does seem to connect.

Well, I can't help but notice that Blue Eyes only has three votes on the poll. Yet in my experience, this is the song on the album that non-fans like! My husband likes it, as do my parents, who are all what I would describe as casual Mika listeners.

Just goes to show doesn't it. You never know! Not saying Blue Eyes should be a single or would be a hit, but it does seem to connect.

Also true....

I think the magic of Blue Eyes kind of wore off by the time the album was released.... However, it is probably the best liked track for the average listener above 30. It is also the only song I heard so far from the 2nd album played in public places in my country - but we are pretty much stuck in the past I must admit :teehee: