Mika in SPIN Magazine

mandilambi

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mandilambi thanks so much for posting this, it's terrific!:flowers2:

I really love just how much of an appreciation MIKA has for Art and how he doesn't hesitate to purchase pieces which speak to him. :wub2:

Love the fact that he spent half of his signing pennies on paying off debts and the other half on that lovely miniature theatre! :naughty: I tend to do things like that too when it comes to Art! :teehee:

Also love his Union Jack tapestry. :mf_lustslow: I first noticed it in the photograph of MIKA and Yasmine in the March 2008 issue of the American VOGUE (the article was about Yasmine’s sense of style), but did not know until last Summer that that photograph was taken in MIKA's flat, and thus, that the UJ tapestry in it was his.

I think that he has a really good eye for interesting and original pieces, whether it be pieces of Art or accessories for the home or self.

Will be on the lookout for this issue of Spin Magazine tomorrow while out shopping for the Deluxe Edition :wub2: of “The Boy Who Knew Too Much” (finally!)!

Thanks again! :thumb_yello:

Thanks Christine!:flowers2:

How did you find this?! :blink:

Thanks Christine!:flowers2:

How did you find this?! :blink:

I noticed it in the PDP documentary and imagined it some kind of Sex Pistols Union Jack type of deal. When Mika was in Toronto he wore a stylized glittery t-shirt based on a Sex Pistols album cover so I thought it might be something similar.

When I searched around for rugs I actually found something by Vivienne Westwood that was kind of cool.

vwflag.jpg

Alas when I did stumble across this tapestry with the butterflies it wasn't exactly the punk flag I had envisioned. :teehee:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay, so in the January/February 2010 issue of Spin, in the letters to the editor, there's a mention of this article!

Mika Will Inherit the Earth

Thank you for featuring Mika [in My Room, October]. He is so much fun, a breath of fresh air in music. Definitely one to watch!

Linda Trzos

Honey Brook, Pennsylvania

So ... does anyone know a Linda on here? Come out come out wherever you are! :biggrin2: