BIOTG video and Jools Holland

babspanky

Oh something else that was also funny was that they kept polishing the piano that they brought for him to do PUOTF on (goodness how bad does that acronym sound) and it was just really funny to see the roadie polishing. It reminded me (and I told him) of the scene in Karate Kid where he goes "wax on, wax off"

I found Owen really funny. There was a point where he came up to us and just stood in front of Jemma to obstruct her viewing. I just pushed him out the way lol :aah: And he knows who Babs and Jemma are, he called them by their names. REAL names. :naughty: Which I found pretty nifty.

I must say though that I think that he was watching us as much as we were watching him. Throughout the night I could see him looking at us on many separate occasions, not when he was performing but just when he was waiting around and everyone was doing different things. He was just stalking errr observing us :biggrin2: and often laughing. I remmeber at one point I just looked and smiled at him, so he pulled this funny face and then started sort of laughing. As others said, it was just really relaxed and there was a lot of naturally happening banter/interaction. Oh and it was really hilarious when he noticed the "Rain dance moves" and came around laughing and said "what was that all about?", but he was doing the moves totally wrong :lmfao: and it looked like he was riding a horse :naughty:. Just really funny. I guess that some of these things seem really hilarious when you're in the situation but not as much when you're being told a day later so bear with us if we go on about these things and you don't find them funny or even remotely interesting :aah:.

OMG that was hilarious. He was really bending his knees when trying to imitate our moves and I was like "I'm sure we're not BOWING..." :roftl: Although apparently it looked like it! It was flippin rain, Mika! RAIN DAMMIT!

But yes I noticed he looked over to us every so often, and even performing in our direction. I bet people in the audience and the other bands were like "WTF?" :roftl: It's good that Mika's friendly with his fans. Manners don't cost but are greatly appreciated.

What I did find very sweet is that after the first song that he did, BIOTG, he looked really happy and mouthed at us "well done!". It just seemed like he was honestly pleased about how it had gone, and the support that he'd gotten, because seriously, some of that audience looked like they didn't hve any more life in them than a freaking cold fish. I really wonder why some people bother going to these things and "fighting" for a front position when they are not willing to get into the spirit of things. Weird.

After the show he also seemed really happy and he thanked us for being there, saying that if it hadn't been for us there wouldn't have been any atmosphere there at all. Damn right he was :naughty:.

LOL I totally agree, the whole place was practically dead. Me and Jemma got our booties shakin' when "Hips Don't Lie" came on. Sure, it wasn't Mika singing, but it's probably the only time I'm ever gonna see any of those people live ever again (with some people, THANK GOD!) so I thought I might as well make good use of it and bloody hell I'm gonna enjoy myself! If I looked like a total goob than so be it, at least I didn't look like a sloth.

And Mika is right: "Half the performance is on stage, half the performance is over to you."

Really big THANK YOU to Caz who as well as being a world famous celebrity who is recognised by people she has never met, is also a super-duper intuitive lens person. Jules and I had our photo taken with Shakira after the show, but our camera was on the wrong setting and we didn't get it :crybaby:

Caz had Daz's camera ready to take a photo for him but luckily she had the foresight to take one of us too.

Thanks again Caz, we owe you one :flowers2:

LMAO!!!! I wouldn't quite call myself a celebrity :naughty:

But thanks, and you're very welcome!! I'm just sorry Shakira had her eyes shut LOL.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did apply for tickets to Jools .... :( I've had alot of links through from the BBC ever since applying for the Blackpool thing ... most I'm not interested in ... Jools I've always been a fan of .... have been applying for tickets for his shows on and off since 95' - have never been lucky :aah:

Wasn't lucky this time either .... :sneaky2: One of these days .... :naughty:

A lot of us applied for tickets, Laurel - like you, I've never managed to get tickets for Jools.

Dan also played for Shakira during hips don't lie, don't know if anyone noticed (I didn't at the time lol) but he must have been doing some sexy moves because when Dan went back to the Mika band Mika started rolling his hips to imitate what Dan done, OMG I laughed so hard

OMG! I didn't notice! :shocked: I was distracted by Shakira.

(She's gorgeous. If I were to bat for the other team... yeah. Put her near the top of my list.) :blush-anim-cl:

I'm sorry, Dan! I re-watched it again, just to see you. Please don't break up with me over this. :tears:

:mf_rosetinted:

He was really comfortable and at ease. When he spoke to us it didn't really feel like "popstar/fans", it was like he was on our level. Just a dude we know who sings.

Like some friends going out to support another friend's band at a local open mic night. :naughty:

Yeah it really was great seeing you all at the show. I quite literally feel like I've been there myself when I see my peeps there.

I just think about everyone at the Christmas party or the London gigs or Palladium or Ross Copperman or any of the other things we've done and it's like...oh yes and then there was the pub night and Jools Holland. Even though I wasn't actually there it still feels like it.

I feel the same way. If I can't be there, knowing my homesauces are living it up is the next best thing. :wub2:

At least there were people there supporting Mika and representing the fan club. That's all that matters right?

Hell YES! I love the fact that it was fellow MFCers waking up that sleepy TV studio and getting things rockin'. :punk:

OMG I remembered something!!!

Mika blew his nose, and we looked to see if he inspected his tissue but he didn't LOL! And then he threw the tissue (TWO tissues, actually) behind his set of speakers or something, I hope there was a bin behind them!

Ew, ew, EWWW! :aah:

Mika's diva moments are starting to appear.

MIKA: "My album was in the top 10 on every iTunes chart there is. My snot is too good for a bin." :shun:

Haha yes that's more or less what it was like and they kept referring to us all as The Mika Fans.

There are worse things to be called in life, I suppose...:teehee:

September's been a flippin' AMAZING month, best month of my life!

Being 20 ain't so bad, eh? :wink2:

Oh, and Sariflor - love your long and detailed report! I'm all about the details when I report, so it's nice when someone else adds every silly, delicious little nuance of an event. :naughty:

I am so permanently attached to seeing "my peeps" on video/TV/YT that I will feel completely lonely to go to a Mika gig and not have you all there recording for me, singing with me, doing the rain dance...I feel like I will have to do it all alone:aah: and look a right twat.

So it just means you all have to come to Japan when he decides to do a show here, so I can have fun with all of you too!:thumb_yello:

I am so permanently attached to seeing "my peeps" on video/TV/YT that I will feel completely lonely to go to a Mika gig and not have you all there recording for me, singing with me, doing the rain dance...I feel like I will have to do it all alone:aah: and look a right twat.

So it just means you all have to come to Japan when he decides to do a show here, so I can have fun with all of you too!:thumb_yello:

I would LOVE to see a gig in Japan - and to meet you! Even more so 'cause I've always wanted to go there, but I've never ventured out of the western world before. Would be awful handy to have a local tour guide.

*starts saving up for the tour in support of the third album*

I was in the same boat as you, at Bestival, couldn't find the others, so totally on my own.

I wish I could afford to go to Japan, would love to go to a gig there.

Hahaha there's something so ... amazing about how recognisable I am lol :aah: I can't really describe it. It's just nice that people can point me out. It's like I feel even more part of the fan club, y'know? It's good to be recognised and for all the right reasons as well :aah: But people knowing who I am when I've not met them is pretty crazy :roftl:

You can see him clapping to us in our direction in BIOTG to tell us to keep going lol. And in the instrumental bit in the same song he smiles at us :wub2:

Hahaha, even my kids recognise you!:naughty:

And yes I could see him clapping in your direction, you could tell from the look on his face that he was passing on a msg not just "looking".

Great report so far Sara! I was also watching Mika when the other artists were on :aah: I was bobbing away to the music but watching Mika at the same time lol. That's how I noticed the tissue incident :aah:

THE TISSUE INCIDENT! Dun-dun-duh!!!!

It's gonna go down in MFC legend, that one:roftl:

Sara, loved your reports, there was so much I wanted to comment on but too much really, if you know what I mean.

I'm so glad the MFC is such a live-wire bunch and that you woke the place up.

Oh! I know, one thing in particular was the thing about how he looks on stage vs how he looks after.... I agree with you. I don't know why it is, but that more relaxed casual look really appeals. Of course, the other thing I love is the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Not stage wear, but formal events with jacket and shirt :swoon:

Would be a reason as good as any to actually visit Japan!:wub2:

(She's gorgeous. If I were to bat for the other team... yeah. Put her near the top of my list.) :blush-anim-cl:

OMG I know, she is SO stunning. I want her hair so badly.

Like some friends going out to support another friend's band at a local open mic night. :naughty:

Pretty much if I'm honest lol :naughty: I mean I know we're not, but I do feel like I know him more as a person now rather than just some guy who's a popstar.

Hell YES! I love the fact that it was fellow MFCers waking up that sleepy TV studio and getting things rockin'. :punk:

You bet it was us!

MIKA: "My album was in the top 10 on every iTunes chart there is. My snot is too good for a bin." :shun:

LOL!!!

Not only is it the best year I've ever had, it's the best month of my life as well. I never believed I'd ever meet Mika, and now I have, but not just once! It's happened several times and in such a short space of time as well. I never even thought that something like this could happen to me. Independence is an amazing thing! :punk:

I'd love nothing more than to go to Japan! I just need money :naughty:

Hahaha, even my kids recognise you!:naughty:

LMAOOOO!!

Edited by CazGirl

OMG! I didn't notice! :shocked: I was distracted by Shakira.

(She's gorgeous. If I were to bat for the other team... yeah. Put her near the top of my list.)

I'm sorry, Dan! I re-watched it again, just to see you. Please don't break up with me over this. :tears:

:mf_rosetinted:

I feel the same way. If I can't be there, knowing my homesauces are living it up is the next best thing. :wub2:

Hell YES! I love the fact that it was fellow MFCers waking up that sleepy TV studio and getting things rockin'.

There are worse things to be called in life, I suppose...:teehee:

Oh, and Sariflor - love your long and detailed report! I'm all about the details when I report, so it's nice when someone else adds every silly, delicious little nuance of an event. :naughty:

I am so out of the loop, can you actually watch it somewhere?:blink:

I've only seen Rain and BIOTG.

Oh yes, it's always good to know we are represented in a gracious way!:wub2:

I am so out of the loop, can you actually watch it somewhere?:blink:

I've only seen Rain and BIOTG.

Oh yes, it's always good to know we are represented in a gracious way!:wub2:

Here's hips don't lie. he's on the right hand side of the stage playing the guitar, so good luck finding him lol

is it me or is there no sound in the HQ version of "Rain"? :blink:

EDIT: Unusual, I managed to listen to BIOTG fine, but listened to Rain and there was no sound. I tried watching other youtube videos but they had no sound either so it must be my speakers. I can hear static, but that's it...:blink:

EDIT 2: A restart of the computer can fix pretty much anything LOL.

Edited by CazGirl

Oh god Rose, those XX people reminded me of My Bloody Valentine, especially the first song!! I couldn't get over how bad they were!!! Admittedly they got a bit better later, but all in all I found them quite appalling, sorry :blush-anim-cl:.

Lol just had to quote this as I really like My Bloody Valentine. :aah:

Oh, and thanks for your reports, loved reading them!

OMG I know, she is SO stunning. I want her hair so badly.

No you don't. If you had her hair (which is brown with veeery tight locks) you would have to endure hours of bleaching and straightening to have it look like that.:teehee:

But I have to agree that it looks lovely.

Caz, you where there, what did you think of Pick up off the floor live? I so want to see that.:wub2: