CHANGED DATE: Mika in Amsterdam, Netherlands at Heineken Hall

Christine

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Decided on a change of costume, inspired by what Mellody said about going as a playing card or flower. Hope you don't mind if I do this, I think you sai you'd probably be a flower, but if you feel I'm gonna be stealing your costume plans, then I'll be a unicorn again, so just say. :thumb_yello:

Anyway, I'd quite like to be a deck of cards cos I've got some really funky ideas about how it could work. I'm gonna be aiming for cool as well as fancy dress, hahah. We'll see how it pans out though. :biggrin2:

Decided on a change of costume, inspired by what Mellody said about going as a playing card or flower. Hope you don't mind if I do this, I think you sai you'd probably be a flower, but if you feel I'm gonna be stealing your costume plans, then I'll be a unicorn again, so just say. :thumb_yello:

Anyway, I'd quite like to be a deck of cards cos I've got some really funky ideas about how it could work. I'm gonna be aiming for cool as well as fancy dress, hahah. We'll see how it pans out though. :biggrin2:

lol, believe it or not, that's just what i thought of today, changed my mind again from flower to playing cards because i had an idea for it! :lmfao: but it doesn't matter, there's surely more than one deck of cards in wonderland, and i'm also sure that we'll both have different ideas for costumes. mine so far only involves sequins in my face, haven't thought bout the rest of it yet. and i might change my mind 5x again til the gig, so don't worry, just do what you planned - that's why i said playing cards and flowers, because it doesn't matter at all if more than one person does it. :bleh:

i'll go and watch the new alice movie some time in the next few weeks, will probably have different ideas again after that. :teehee:

lol, believe it or not, that's just what i thought of today, changed my mind again from flower to playing cards because i had an idea for it! :lmfao: but it doesn't matter, there's surely more than one deck of cards in wonderland, and i'm also sure that we'll both have different ideas for costumes. mine so far only involves sequins in my face, haven't thought bout the rest of it yet. and i might change my mind 5x again til the gig, so don't worry, just do what you planned - that's why i said playing cards and flowers, because it doesn't matter at all if more than one person does it. :bleh:

i'll go and watch the new alice movie some time in the next few weeks, will probably have different ideas again after that. :teehee:

Excellent! I feel like my costume could either be amazing or a total disaster but hey ho, we'll see how it goes.

I think I'm going to see it tomorrow, so I may end up coming away with a different idea...I think we're both far too fickle for costume choosing!

DasMika.gif

:naughty:

:roftl::thumb_yello:

Maybe I could get the same clogs from the airport he got them from, give them to him after the gig and then say: or shall I give them to Rose.....

I think I might then fear for my life too :naughty:

You probably get the eye-wiggle:wink2:!

Rose giving the clogs to Rose would be just perfect , didnt he say to you Rose never to mention clogs again

OR

We all give him a little pair of clogs :naughty:

I could do that.

Ill get a bulk order at Shipol when I land .. those small china ones ... he wont know whether to take it serious or not .. laughing might be an insult to the whole dutch population :naughty:

Wahahahaaaa:roftl:!!

I want to be able to get back from Dammy, not be buried there!

He hasn't actually said not to mention them, but I think he's getting a bit bored with me asking about them:naughty:

Dutch soil it quit nice tho...:wink2:

What do you suggest?

Something he can't hurt me with, sounds good to me:naughty:

http://www.shared-all.nl/fsimages/10003769gr.gif

As long as you keep the clogs firmly on your feet nothing can happen :roftl:.

Oh no! Don't you get paid when you are sick? You could stay at my place to avoid hotel costs!

waheeey lets all crash at Monie's :roftl: oops sorry, I thought it was an open invite for the whole of MFC :naughty:

I've just ordered some playing cards to make my outfit with and I came across these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B000GRM3Y8/sr=8-2/qid=1268342586/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=468292&s=toys&qid=1268342586&sr=8-2

I'm gonna incorporate them into my outfit somehow, though I'm not exactly sure WHERE yet. :aah:

We will have a lot of playing cards! I'm wearing a 'playing card dress', the dress arrived last week. I'll just have to customize it into a playing card dress. I'll have enough time for that!

That's an amazing idea! Really funny! I am seriously considering wearing clogs under my white bunny outfit :roftl:.

Have to tell you a fun story. Every year my company has a kick off in the Heineken Music Hall. And every year there's a 'Employee of the year' competition. This year some strange guy won, a security-nerd. He's in the middle of the picture :lmao:

clogs-in-HMH.jpg

The group behind him won 'Project of the year'.

waheeey lets all crash at Monie's :roftl: oops sorry, I thought it was an open invite for the whole of MFC :naughty:

Yes, let's do that. I will have to warn my boyfriend tho, he might want to sleep somewhere else that night :roftl:.

Playing cards, there can't be enough of them.

AMP: I love the soft clogs picture, where did you get it from, are they for sale?

I am picking Vicky up from Schiphol this afternoon, shall I buy a bag of miniclogs already so we can all give a pair to Mika in May?

This is my last gig, so I would love to dress for it. But, are all the characters already chosen? Is it a bad thing if there is two same characters? I hope to see the movie soon, and decide after that, but now don't know what to do...

Kiddo, you should join us:mf_rosetinted:

I have:

Freddie - The Mad Hatter

Me - Alice

Rose - Cheshire Cat

Miek - The March Hare

Monie - The White Rabbit

Babet - Queen of hearts

Miek's husband - maybe humpty dumpty

Kaatje - White Queen

Sasje - Alice's cat (Dinah) or Mouse

Jazzy - Playing card

Mellody - Playing card or flower

~Wicky~ - Playing card

That's all I know out of my head:naughty:

Hmmmm theres way more than that , we need a list missy organised :thumb_yello:

Tried to organise the list a bit more... :biggrin2:

is there a list somewhere of the characters for the THEME lol, I wanna know hwo I can be :)

Caterpillar, Jabberwock, Alice’s sister, Duck, Dodo, Lory, Eaglet, Mary Ann, Pat, Bill the lizard, Guinea pigs, Puppy, Pigeon, Frog and Fish Footman, Duchess, Baby pig, Dormouse, Knave of Hearts, King of Hearts, Flamingos and hedgehogs, Gryphon, Mock Turtle, Snowdrop, Kitty, Red King, Red Queen, White King, Flowers, Elephants, Gentleman in white paper, Goat, Beetle, Horse, Fawn, Tweedledum and - Dee, Walrus, Crow, King’s horses and soldiers, Lion, Unicorn, Red knight, White knigt, Frog....

Enough to choose :teehee:

Edited by ~Wicky~

As long as you keep the clogs firmly on your feet nothing can happen :roftl:.

Oh no! Don't you get paid when you are sick? You could stay at my place to avoid hotel costs!

I meant to quote this yesterday ... but forgot ... thanks for the offer ... but I wouldn't dream of imposing on you ... you were kind enough to say you'll pick me up from the airport which I'm very grateful for ... I'll keep you posted - I'm still really hoping to come - I have bloody holiday booked now for it :aah:

:roftl::roftl: just dont mention the word clogs, say something like the traditional dutch shoes:roftl:

Doesn't he "owe" you some clogs as well? :das:

Maybe it's time to switch to you requesting them instead, share the load and all that :lmfao:

Doesn't he "owe" you some clogs as well? :das:

Maybe it's time to switch to you requesting them instead, share the load and all that :lmfao:

Maybe I should have already "shared the load" in London but I just couldnt mention the C word:roftl:

Seriously though I'm OK with not getting the clogs cuz let's face it, the surprise to find out that we've won them was far more important than holding the actual clogs:biggrin2:

Edited by Louiza

This is my last gig, so I would love to dress for it. But, are all the characters already chosen? Is it a bad thing if there is two same characters? I hope to see the movie soon, and decide after that, but now don't know what to do...

Caterpillar, Jabberwock, Alice’s sister, Duck, Dodo, Lory, Eaglet, Mary Ann, Pat, Bill the lizard, Guinea pigs, Puppy, Pigeon, Frog and Fish Footman, Duchess, Baby pig, Dormouse, Knave of Hearts, King of Hearts, Flamingos and hedgehogs, Gryphon, Mock Turtle, Snowdrop, Kitty, Red King, Red Queen, White King, Flowers, Elephants, Gentleman in white paper, Goat, Beetle, Horse, Fawn, Tweedledum and - Dee, Walrus, Crow, King’s horses and soldiers, Lion, Unicorn, Red knight, White knigt, Frog....

Enough to choose :teehee:

There you go Tiibet:naughty:

Laurel, I insist on you impose on me! Vicky will stay at my place too so we'll have fun :thumb_yello:. And if you've already booked a holiday for it you have to come, there is no other choice :teehee:.

Wow, Wicky, you know a lot about Alice in Wonderland!

:naughty:

Will be fun to see him all polite and maybe thinking its a local custom:naughty:

Yes! We could pretend it is!

I saw the soft clogs yesterday AMP, but they were children's sizes with Nijntje (Muffy) on them. If only they had them in size 46/47 :roftl:.

Laurel, I insist on you impose on me! Vicky will stay at my place too so we'll have fun :thumb_yello:. And if you've already booked a holiday for it you have to come, there is no other choice :teehee:.

I saw the soft clogs yesterday AMP, but they were children's sizes with Nijntje (Muffy) on them. If only they had them in size 46/47 :roftl:.

Oh :tears: I don't know what to say .... :flowers2: Thank you ... :huglove:

:roftl:

Here are you clogs .. it is custom you wear them on all of your tour (make sure you push raw meat down them so they dont hurt too much):naughty: