Christine

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool ... I've kind of cheated on my t-shirt now

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/cp/customize/product.aspx?clear=true&number=%20441544672

Do you think this is ok ... I have to wait til I get paid tomorrow morning to pay for it ... but I'm not very arty ... I did try to do a complete card thing ... but it looked too busy ... and I like this design ... and the back thing I did :wub2:

LOL great text!:thumb_yello:

This is my first real gig ever. Yes, I have been to the Concertgebouwconcert last year (see sigpic), but never to such a thing as a gig in the Heineken Music Hall.

Therefor I have to ask these, possibly quit naive, questions:

Do you guys wear coats?

Where do you put your stuff like money etc to keep it safe?

Do you have any other good advice for people such as me?

And: is there already made an appointement when and where we meet?

At what time do we start queueing?

I am really looking very much forward to it:mf_lustslow:

coat depends on the weather... and if we have an organized numbers/queuing system, and the parking lot isn't too far away, maybe i can leave some stuff in someone's car... but usually the way i do it at gigs is have a small handbag on my shoulder, for money, camera etc., and take an empty plastic bag in which i can stuff my coat etc. to put it between my feet at the gig. if it's not allowed to hang the jacket over the barrier (that depends on the venue...).

most important though: SMALL bag. i'd never bring a whole rucksack full of stuff, because it takes ages til the securities are finished checking that at the entrance. :wink2:

about the queuing time, i'll just come directly from the station to the venue (after i found me breakfast somewhere...), as i'm taking the night train to amsterdam, and leaving for luxemburg directly after the gig. no idea how long it takes to get to the venue, but guess i'll be there around 10:30. :dunno:

I go by train, too and will arrive at Amsterdam Central Station at 11:30 if everything goes as planned. I have to check in at the hotel first...depending on if they`ll let me check in early I think I`ll arrive at the venue somewhere between 13:00 and 14:00.

coat depends on the weather... and if we have an organized numbers/queuing system, and the parking lot isn't too far away, maybe i can leave some stuff in someone's car... but usually the way i do it at gigs is have a small handbag on my shoulder, for money, camera etc., and take an empty plastic bag in which i can stuff my coat etc. to put it between my feet at the gig. if it's not allowed to hang the jacket over the barrier (that depends on the venue...).

most important though: SMALL bag. i'd never bring a whole rucksack full of stuff, because it takes ages til the securities are finished checking that at the entrance. :wink2:

about the queuing time, i'll just come directly from the station to the venue (after i found me breakfast somewhere...), as i'm taking the night train to amsterdam, and leaving for luxemburg directly after the gig. no idea how long it takes to get to the venue, but guess i'll be there around 10:30. :dunno:

Actually I find that they usually don't check bags all that well. (At this venue I've actually had them ask me 'Can I look in your bag' while all they did was feel the outside of it, without even opening it. :dunno:)

10.30?! :aah:

Dude. That's early. :aah:

Actually I find that they usually don't check bags all that well. (At this venue I've actually had them ask me 'Can I look in your bag' while all they did was feel the outside of it, without even opening it. :dunno:)

Not really. I thought people would be there much earlier. In London I got at the venue at 11.00 and felt like I was late :bleh:.

the capacity is 5.500 so that's very small actually hahaha..

here you can see a 3d tour

And I just called the hmh for parking.. they told me that you can park your car beneath the Hmh. It's 2,25 euro for every hour but if you need to park for a long time you can buy an card in the hmh for 10 euro so you can park for the whole day. :)..

Edited by Sylvana

yeah, depends on the venue and the security guard you get. you can be lucky, but i prefer to take just a small bag. :original:

well, like i said, i'm taking the night train (to save me the hotel costs and because it was the cheapest option) - and no idea where else to go really except for the venue... wouldn't make sense to hang around the city for hours with my luggage, don't have a hotel... and guess i won't be the first one at the venue at 10:30, so the venue with my fellow mfcers is the best place to be! :wub2:

of course if i had the option to sleep in, i probably would. :naughty:

the capacity is 5.500 so that's very small actually hahaha..

here you can see a 3d tour

And I just called the hmh for parking.. they told me that you can park your car beneath the Hmh. It's 2,25 euro for every hour but if you need to park for a long time you can buy an card in the hmh for 10 euro so you can park for the whole day. :)..

wow, that's expensive! :boxed: for example in munich it was 2 euro for the whole day! but thanx for the info. :wink2:

Not really. I thought people would be there much earlier. In London I got at the venue at 11.00 and felt like I was late :bleh:.

:shocked:

Hmmm. I still consider it to be early. :naughty:

yeah, depends on the venue and the security guard you get. you can be lucky, but i prefer to take just a small bag. :original:

well, like i said, i'm taking the night train (to save me the hotel costs and because it was the cheapest option) - and no idea where else to go really except for the venue... wouldn't make sense to hang around the city for hours with my luggage, don't have a hotel... and guess i won't be the first one at the venue at 10:30, so the venue with my fellow mfcers is the best place to be! :wub2:

of course if i had the option to sleep in, i probably would. :naughty:

I agree, although I've never really had any trouble with bags/security guards.

That's a good point, dragging your luggage around Amsterdam might not be the best way to spend some time. :naughty:

You can park your car at the 'Arena Transferium': €6,- for the whole day! The Arena Transferium is across the HMH.

You can park your car at the 'Arena Transferium': €6,- for the whole day! The Arena Transferium is across the HMH.

oooh really? hmmm hahaha.. well I think i'll park at hmh cos it's handy for me to put things in the car what i don't need at the gig hahaha..

I thought the capacity in Amsterdam is also 8000.

EDIT: Wikipedia is showing a capacity of 5500 :bleh:

I thought exactly the same :biggrin2:: 8000. Although http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heineken_Music_Hall says 5500.

You can bring earplugs, but they won't be necessary. Sound engineers should stick to the concert rules and keep the sound at a maximum of 100 db, far below ear damage.

A little backpack/bag is usefull. Or a coat around your waist and something to eat and drink in a plastic bag you can throw away after the concert. NOT THE COAT, just throw away the plastic bag. Keep your coat with you. You want to stay in front of the stage, not in front of the cloakroom:roftl:.

Time to meet? In Westerpark we arrived at 12:00 and it was already crowdy. 11:00?

€6 or €10 for parking?? All carparks in the area use the same prices. I hope a maximum of €10 per day, since we will be there all day :naughty:. Westerpark was €22 for a day :shocked:

Please don't forget to practice the flashmob dance :dance_man:

I thought exactly the same :biggrin2:: 8000. Although http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heineken_Music_Hall says 5500.

You can bring earplugs, but they won't be necessary. Sound engineers should stick to the concert rules and keep the sound at a maximum of 100 db, far below ear damage.

A little backpack/bag is usefull. Or a coat around your waist and something to eat and drink in a plastic bag you can throw away after the concert. NOT THE COAT, just throw away the plastic bag. Keep your coat with you. You want to stay in front of the stage, not in front of the cloakroom:roftl:.

Time to meet? In Westerpark we arrived at 12:00 and it was already crowdy. 11:00?

€6 or €10 for parking?? All carparks in the area use the same prices. I hope a maximum of €10 per day, since we will be there all day :naughty:. Westerpark was €22 for a day :shocked:

22???? I payed 10 in westerpark hahaha.. at the special parking for mika..

My tickets didn't arrive. I called with the postdeliver service and they told me that the tickets are in England. CRAP! if they send it now it could be here in 10 work days.. to late cos the gig is over 10 days. I send sandbag an email.. now waiting for an answer :(..

My tickets didn't arrive. I called with the postdeliver service and they told me that the tickets are in England. CRAP! if they send it now it could be here in 10 work days.. to late cos the gig is over 10 days. I send sandbag an email.. now waiting for an answer :(..

Same problem for me.

Sometimes this ticket thing sucks.

Why can't they sent the tickets way in advance?

Thank you for the reminder :thumb_yello:.

Parking prices in Amsterdam can be insane, if I go to school I pay 18 euro for a parking card (that's why I usually go by train).

my costume ...so far: http://www.twitpic.com/1hbt18

It's awesome!:wub2:

Believe me it's hell!!! I'll just have to go with my usual hairsprayed mess

I can help with the grime/make-up if needed btw

BRILLIANT!!

Yeah we'll be make-up ladieeess!

Don't forget "Guests are like fish, they start to stink after three days."

:roftl:

Sorry! Rockinbabzz you made me think of that when you wrote "within reason lol I mean like, Sunday at the latest please.":thumb_yello::roftl:

Lol too right!!

No but srsly I'm a really good host, I'll make sure everyone has enough alcohol and cigarettes and a place to sleep on the floor and I might even cook you some pasta :mf_rosetinted:

She is a good host actually...and we were kind enough to do the dishes last time...with 5 people:naughty:

I believe it's 10,000, but I'm not entirely sure.

I swear in 2007, he sold 8000 tickets!

Cool ... I've kind of cheated on my t-shirt now

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/cp/customize/product.aspx?clear=true&number=%20441544672

Do you think this is ok ... I have to wait til I get paid tomorrow morning to pay for it ... but I'm not very arty ... I did try to do a complete card thing ... but it looked too busy ... and I like this design ... and the back thing I did :wub2:

It's amazing!

:shocked:

Hmmm. I still consider it to be early. :naughty:

You should talk...you sat outside at the radiostation at 9.30 in the freezing cold:roftl: