• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok...that's an official no. now.

hope you guys can solve the situation!

Enjoy the gig for me too :thumb_yello:

Awww...that is a shame. At least you have the Milan gig in a few days :thumb_yello:. To be honest I kind of accepted the fact that I probably won't be able to go either. I don't feel like spending a big amount of money on one gig (apart from the fact that I don't have it). I will use the refund money for other gigs :thumb_yello:.

Awww...that is a shame. At least you have the Milan gig in a few days :thumb_yello:. To be honest I kind of accepted the fact that I probably won't be able to go either. I don't feel like spending a big amount of money on one gig (apart from the fact that I don't have it). I will use the refund money for other gigs :thumb_yello:.

You're right hun :huglove:

But I've spent a lot anyway :boxed:I really hope for Milan...but I don't know because if Malpensa is closed the gig could be postponed...I'm scared

I hope you'll be able to go!!

Oh gosh, I went out to dinner tonite to cheer myself up because clearly I am not going to be getting on any plane at Luton tomorrow, and I come home to find that while I was out, Sara has been trying to organise a Plan B!

I'd have been up for that (bus and hire car), but I guess I'm too late now. :aah: Should have stayed glued to MFC all evening!

Did the plan actually work out for any of you, or were the hire cars too expensive or all booked? If any of you do go, I hope you get there OK and have a fab time. :biggrin2:

I am totally gutted that I can't go to Spain :crybaby: but I will be there in spirit!

Oh gosh, I went out to dinner tonite to cheer myself up because clearly I am not going to be getting on any plane at Luton tomorrow, and I come home to find that while I was out, Sara has been trying to organise a Plan B!

I'd have been up for that (bus and hire car), but I guess I'm too late now. :aah: Should have stayed glued to MFC all evening!

Did the plan actually work out for any of you, or were the hire cars too expensive or all booked? If any of you do go, I hope you get there OK and have a fab time. :biggrin2:

I am totally gutted that I can't go to Spain :crybaby: but I will be there in spirit!

Enigma! I am still up for a plan B!

There are just a couple of small glitches with it.....Namely yes, we could still take the bus at 12, but I had a bit of a look around and it seems that 9.30 (the time at which we'd get there) is too late to get rental cars, so unless someone else who was local could sort it out, it's looking a bit grim :aah:.

There's also a eurostar option, around 4, that takes us to Paris at a more 'friendly' time, but of course that is a lot more expensive (179 quid).

What a lot of crap!!!! ARGGG!!

I was even considering if it would be worth asking hubby to drive up FROM Barcelona (he's already there) to Paris to pick me up :roftl: if I take the train, but I guess that it would be a long drive back then, especially for him.

Enigma! I am still up for a plan B!

There are just a couple of small glitches with it.....Namely yes, we could still take the bus at 12, but I had a bit of a look around and it seems that 9.30 (the time at which we'd get there) is too late to get rental cars, so unless someone else who was local could sort it out, it's looking a bit grim :aah:.

There's also a eurostar option, around 4, that takes us to Paris at a more 'friendly' time, but of course that is a lot more expensive (179 quid).

What a lot of crap!!!! ARGGG!!

I was even considering if it would be worth asking hubby to drive up FROM Barcelona (he's already there) to Paris to pick me up :roftl: if I take the train, but I guess that it would be a long drive back then, especially for him.

What we need is a local Frenchie with a car, who wants to go to Barcelona that night with us on this amazing roadtrip :mf_rosetinted:

Enigma, there might be a plan C :lmfao: Yes, I am the eternal optimist :roftl:

There is another bus, leaving London Victoria tomorrow night at 22.30, that gets to Paris bus station at 07.30 am on Sunday, or to CDG airport at 06:15.

This is clearly a 'super last resort' option, because it would mean that we need to figure a way to make our way to Barcelona and we'd only have 12 hours until gig doors open, but it would at least be 'an option' if we find out that the planes are cancelled for Sunday......

Maybe we'd have more luck finding a car at that time, especially as it's the airport....

Sigh. I really don't know what to do.

It's looking grim. I've actually just booked yet another flight (direct to Madrid on Monday) in the hopes that the dustcloud might have dispersed or moved by then, and I might be able to go there and at least get to that gig, since I already have the return flight.

I just don't think I can spend that amount on a Eurostar, it would pay for several other gig tickets! And they keep saying on the news that it's nearly impossible to rent a car in Paris - or in fact anywhere in France - as they're all booked (mostly by Mika probably :roftl:), and even if you can get hold of one, the prices they're charging now are astronomical.

I don't know what to say. Mr Enigma (Spanish - in Ibiza right now) thinks that Madrid airport will probably be closed early next week as the cloud will be over there by then, in which case - how to get home again? He's a little ray of optimism as usual!

I'm going to get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to assess the latest situation, but it's looking pretty rubbish right now. Going to eat chocolate now. That usually helps. :biggrin2:

Oh no, that really sucks, doesn't it? Dammit :aah:.I had no idea about the car thing.

I think that I will keep plan C in mind, as a last resort, depending on how tomorrow unfolds...... The bus only leaves London at 22.30 so it gives a good amount of time to check how likely the flights on sunday are looking... of course, this is if I can convince hubby to drive up for 10 hours to pick me up :lmfao:

Oh gosh I can't believe this :blink: .I will also go off to bed now. Let's hope tomorrow is looking better.

Plan D might be that if a few flights go from the north of England or Scotland on Sunday, we could drive up and go from there, but with the backlog I guess getting on one might be nearly impossible! I see Ryanair have cancelled all flights out of the UK till Monday at the earliest. I'm just thanking God I have Eurostar booked to get me to Paris! :thumb_yello:

Will have a major think in the morning!

That volcano is more powerful than me, I hate to say this :sneaky2::sneaky2::sneaky2:

They don't open Tallinn early enough so I could fly to Prague (and to Barcelona). This is just not working :aah: So whatever I try, I'm not going to be there. I hope you girls have better luck :thumb_yello:

News:D'ailleurs les aéroports de Lyon seront fermés à tout trafic.

Well, the cloud arrive at 8 and it means the Lyon Airports will be closed for any traffic.

I can't believe it.

However i am going to the airport now, it will be a nightmare but i want to try , easyjet doesn't answer on the phone.

Words are missing : 2 gigs , i can't believe it.

Encore moi:"D'ailleurs les aéroports de Lyon seront fermés à tout trafic."

400 flights are cancelled, nobody knows when the airport will open again, the passengers are invited to call their company .

i can't join easyjet.

News:D'ailleurs les aéroports de Lyon seront fermés à tout trafic.

Well, the cloud arrive at 8 and it means the Lyon Airports will be closed for any traffic.

I can't believe it.

However i am going to the airport now, it will be a nightmare but i want to try , easyjet doesn't answer on the phone.

Words are missing : 2 gigs , i can't believe it.

Oh no... I really hope you can make it!!!! :huglove:

Been on the phone for 30 minutes, just waiting, hearing a ****ty song over and over again (For realz? Been spending most their lives living in a future paradise?:mf_rosetinted:) Anyway, at last I got a nice man on the phone, sounded a bit African, had a bit of an accent so communicating didn't go as smooth when I had to tell him my confirmation number. Anyway, he checked my flight and said he knew nothing yet, as there won't be any flights until 14.00 at least. So he gave me a number to call when I got to the airport and if not I could check online. If the flight was cancelled, they would change my flight to tomorrow morning. So let's hope.

So, i must admit that i won't go to Spain..

easyjet confirms cancellation ( i could get a refund later),flights on Sunday sold out ( if there are flights!!!) and no trains .

Go to bed.

I had your Coca bottles in my luggage, Allegra will be alone in Barcelona, it's sad , but the security has the priority?

easyjet confirms cancellation ( i could get a refund later),flights on Sunday sold out ( if there are flights!!!) and no trains .

Go to bed.

I had your Coca bottles in my luggage, Allegra will be alone in Barcelona, it's sad , but the security has the priority?

I'm so sorry to hear that Lillibet!

I was hoping for you and other MFCers from Europe!

Are they able to come?

Will you go to Milan on 21th if there are flights?

Hugs!

Go to bed.

never mind the cokes! we'll get them in Lyon :wink2:

allegra will have the spaniards to spend her time with and she'll be fine :original:

feel loved lillibet :huglove: