Mika in Barcelona, Spain at Palau Sant Jordi

Christine

Ok, an update from here (Monie and Ingie). After spending the whole afternoon at Schiphol airport we are at my place now. Schiphol looked like ghosttown, freaky.

We tried everything, that is almost everything. We could have gone by train but that would have cost us 500 extra euros per person, money we simply don't have. It would have been at least 15 hours of traveling (one way).

At a certain point the airline people told us there might be going a bus to Barcelona tonight or tomorrow morning for no extra fee. So we waited, and waited, and waited to hear in the end that they wouldn't go through with it since the higher people didn't approve of it. So we had to arrange it ourselves. Surrounded by at least 50 desperate Spanish people Ingie and I contacted the bus company since we were the only ones speaking Dutch.

As soon people noticed that I was talking to the bus company they jumped upon me, leaving me screaming to Ingie: "Be my bodyguard!" It was kind of scary, now I know how Mika must feel every now and then. They were all shouting so at a certain point I yelled: quiet! And every one was quiet :shocked:. Wow, feels good to have so much power :biggrin2:.

So, we arranged for the Spanish people to be able to go home again tonight and we sacrificed our spot. The group was called: "group Simone," the tour operator told me, I felt like a celebrity :naughty:. People were very grateful, someone was crying, which almost made Ingie and me cry too.

We are very very sad we cannot go to the gig but we felt good that we helped so many people. Karma will repay us (hopefully :biggrin2:).

We tried everything that was in our physical and financial power. It wasn't meant to be....:tears:

Mika we love you...

Bless You!:flowers2::bow:

What an adventure!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ingie speaking here: There were only 58 spots and so many people who have been stuck at the airport for 3 days already. Wouldn't be fair towards them. Also we would have arrived completely exhausted and wouldn't have been able to enjoy the gig to the fullest. It was a matter of priorities and they were more important than us.

Aww hello Ingie :bye: What a noble thing to do; many people would have been selfish I'm sure. And I'm also sure that Mika would understand if he knew/knows about this.

Hugs and love to you guys :huglove:

Aww hello Ingie :bye: What a noble thing to do; many people would have been selfish I'm sure. And I'm also sure that Mika would understand if he knew/knows about this.

Hugs and love to you guys :huglove:

We sent a text to Queenie for Mika and she said she would show it to him.

Anyways, we're going to Antwerp and Pinkpop now!

Ok, an update from here (Monie and Ingie). After spending the whole afternoon at Schiphol airport we are at my place now. Schiphol looked like ghosttown, freaky.

We tried everything, that is almost everything. We could have gone by train but that would have cost us 500 extra euros per person, money we simply don't have. It would have been at least 15 hours of traveling (one way).

At a certain point the airline people told us there might be going a bus to Barcelona tonight or tomorrow morning for no extra fee. So we waited, and waited, and waited to hear in the end that they wouldn't go through with it since the higher people didn't approve of it. So we had to arrange it ourselves. Surrounded by at least 50 desperate Spanish people Ingie and I contacted the bus company since we were the only ones speaking Dutch.

As soon people noticed that I was talking to the bus company they jumped upon me, leaving me screaming to Ingie: "Be my bodyguard!" It was kind of scary, now I know how Mika must feel every now and then. They were all shouting so at a certain point I yelled: quiet! And every one was quiet :shocked:. Wow, feels good to have so much power :biggrin2:.

So, we arranged for the Spanish people to be able to go home again tonight and we sacrificed our spot. The group was called: "group Simone," the tour operator told me, I felt like a celebrity :naughty:. People were very grateful, someone was crying, which almost made Ingie and me cry too.

We are very very sad we cannot go to the gig but we felt good that we helped so many people. Karma will repay us (hopefully :biggrin2:).

We tried everything that was in our physical and financial power. It wasn't meant to be....:tears:

Mika we love you...

What a story, karma will definitely repay to you :wub2::wub2::wub2:

So sorry you couldn't go either. This whole situation is a mess :aah:

Ingie here again. Spoke to an airline person. They expect no flights in weeks or months.

You are joking aren't you .... :yikes: That's goodbye to my Amsterdam show then :( Bugger ... I knew I shouldn't have planned on going to Europe for the first time ever :lmfao:

You are joking aren't you .... :yikes: That's goodbye to my Amsterdam show then :( Bugger ... I knew I shouldn't have planned on going to Europe for the first time ever :lmfao:

Unfortunately not. But who knows, things can still change for the best. If not, you can come by boat and I will pick you up from Hoek van Holland. Freddie is seriously considering going by boat.

Does it mean I'm not gonna met any of the non-spanish fans?:boxed:

I hate this volcano! :aah: I can't believe this is happening and now i feel tomorrow i'm gonna be alone in Barcelona and Madrid :aah: I'm so sorry for u all :tears:

Don't know what to say. Just, that I promise i'll write my reports after Madrid gig. I'll be in Madrid until Wednesday and I don't know if i'm gonna have inernet (not traveling with laptop). I'll try to report tuesday. Hugs everyone!!!!

I hate this volcano! :aah: I can't believe this is happening and now i feel tomorrow i'm gonna be alone in Barcelona and Madrid :aah: I'm so sorry for u all :tears:

Don't know what to say. Just, that I promise i'll write my reports after Madrid gig. I'll be in Madrid until Wednesday and I don't know if i'm gonna have inernet (not traveling with laptop). I'll try to report tuesday. Hugs everyone!!!!

That is really sweet of you and I hope you have an amazing gig (I will be trying to forget that there is a Barcelona gig at all :bleh:).

Monie and Ingie, i'm so proud of you :huglove:

the tragedy that ppl is experiencing at airports, rail stations, departure/arrival places is shocking. in our airports they are preparing camp beds for travellers.

it's so weird i cannot even explain :boxed:

Well done, Monie, tomorrow we'll wait for reports of our spanish friends, i am almost crying now...

Let's cry together!:mf_rosetinted:

can I enjoy the cry thing? Is so frustrating to give up =(

Thank you hun! HAVE FUN for us too!!!!

And...ask Mika (if you can) if other gigs will be postponed or something like that...I'm so so scared of that!

Ghost town Schiphol airport.

P1000809.jpg

The ghost airpost is creepy indeed!

the tragedy that ppl is experiencing at airports, rail stations, departure/arrival places is shocking. in our airports they are preparing camp beds for travellers.

Same here. It's very frustrating, especially for those who were just about to change planes and have no visa, hence can't leave the airport.

On the other hand I must say I'm all for the safety option. In any case if you're intending to go anywhere by plane these days check your airline's twitter. Lufthansa explicitely advised their customers to not show up at the airport.

We were glad we didn't come to the airport for nothing.

Can you imagine that this might go on for weeks or even months? Unbelievable.

Caz: Ingie says thanks.

There will be other times, I'm sure!

I hope so!

I was happy to meet some new MFCers like pufpuf that was adorable with me, also Mici and Black Queen and Freddie of course and also to re-meet you, lillibet and the others!

But I hope to see you all again soon!

Mika we love you...

This really moved me inside, Monie :flowers2: Everybody said that before and I relate: karma will pay you soon. You're a pair of angels!!!

On the other hand, I'm so sorry for the people who can't make it to Barcelona :huglove: hope you have your chance in another gig!

I really really hope those stupid ashes stop and that everything goes back to normal. The idea of flight cancellations during months scare me :yikes: not only for gigs I mean, but for every single matter....