"The Golden Boy" (El País,02.10.09 Spain) Worth reading!;)

Queenie

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this interview because he seems to have been rather open when answering these questions.

Erase - glad he admitted he hated it. It's so not like him - it should have been sold to Robbie Williams for his comeback album. :cool:

What's this half-brother thing? lost in translation?

He chose George & Freddie:mf_lustslow:

...wonder if he has ever met Elton ...:confused:

..and so true what he said about the internet:thumb_yello:

I KNEW he hated this song. :lmfao:

My thoughts exactly! Although it wasn't a surpise that he hates Erase, the way he shunned it live. Although, I think he wasted it; American radio would have liked it, I think. :dunno:

oh, and i love what he says about the internet. :wub2: so true. wish i had had that during my school years!

Me too. I was feeling SO homesick my first night in Amsterdam in June. Then I came on here, and everything was better. :wub2:

Funny, in an early interview he said he did want to have children. Shame, no little Mika's running around the world Oo

It would be a crime against humanity to not pass on those genes. I think the UN needs to intervene on this matter. :mf_rosetinted:

What's this half-brother thing? lost in translation

My question, too. :dunno:

Thanks for posting, Queenie! :flowers2:

i don't understand what he is saying about godchild/half brother

can someone who speaks Mika translate that for me? :blink:

I was about to ask the same :blink:

shame about kids...I hope he'll change his mind when he's older.

and I like Erase...there's "something behind" it for me.

Ok, this interview is officially VERY weird...I don't know if I actually trust the person who carried the interview out if I'm honest :boxed:. Some things make no sense at all.

Just to point out one of the most obvious falseties, he's talking about a step brother here:

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/portada/chico/oro/elppor/20091002elptenpor_1/Tes

No. Como mucho, un perro. Ya tengo una ahijada. Y me han ofrecido dos padrinazgos más. ¿Dos ahijados más, aparte de mi hermanastro? He dicho que no. Y se supone que tienes que decir que sí, pero no se me ocurre nada peor que aceptar un ahijado cuando no te gusta.

Wouldn't it be safe to assume that, as we know so much about his family and he mentions his siblings in every other interview, we'd know about any stepbrothers that he'd have??

This is very strange.

hm, well, do we know for sure whether his parents are still together? maybe his dad got married again? :dunno: or maybe they made a mistake and in fact meant cousin or something like that.

hm, well, do we know for sure whether his parents are still together? maybe his dad got married again? :dunno: or maybe they made a mistake and in fact meant cousin or something like that.

I'm quite sure that that his parents are together, and it does look like they made many mistakes. Another one would be that they said the Dutch interview was German, and that it was a girl instead of a guy :roftl:

I'm quite sure that that his parents are together, and it does look like they made many mistakes. Another one would be that they said the Dutch interview was German, and that it was a girl instead of a guy :roftl:

yeah i know, i mentioned that too somewhere in this thread... :naughty: maybe the interviewer just doesn't understand english good enough, or the phone connection was bad. :naughty:

Sprk will be thrilled about that:naughty:

They also say that he was on X Factor. I'm sure it would have appeared on YouTube if he was:teehee:

I think a French fan may help us out here. I believe Mika is talking about something that in France is quite common. They use the words "parrain" and "marraine" for the older person - the adult - and "filleul" and "filleule" for the youngling.

Maybe the interviewer didn't know the words well and translated in the wrong way. :dunno:

yeah i know, i mentioned that too somewhere in this thread... :naughty:maybe the interviewer just doesn't understand english good enough, or the phone connection was bad. :naughty:

ooo, so maybe he does want children after all! :wub2:

:mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

Sprk will be thrilled about that:naughty:

They also say that he was on X Factor. I'm sure it would have appeared on YouTube if he was:teehee:

I know :lmfao: "rejected in the X Factor casting" :roftl:He never went there I'm sure. This must be a "re-interpretation" of the famous Simon Cowell incident. What a far stretch of imagination :naughty:

I think a French fan may help us out here. I believe Mika is talking about something that in France is quite common. They use the words "parrain" and "marraine" for the older person - the adult - and "filleul" and "filleule" for the youngling.

Maybe the interviewer didn't know the words well and translated in the wrong way. :dunno:

I don't think so. Goddaughter is ahijada in spanish, and stepbroder is hermanastro, those are quite different words.Unless Mika was showing off his spanish and messed up:naughty:

This is Spanish, and they clearly say step (or half) brother, and then god daughter for the one he has now. All the facts are wrong, there is no way around it

This is Spanish, and they clearly say step (or half) brother, and then god daughter for the one he has now. All the facts are wrong, there is no way around it

Nobody knows. :dunno:

This is another episode of the endless soap opera "Interviews, lies & misunderstandings". :mf_rosetinted: